PROOF of an ERROR in the BIBLE!

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I can have 'faith' that the tooth fairy is real but that is evidence of NOTHING therefore this is a very clear example of a MISTAKE in the bible!:cuckoo:

Why is it an "error in the Bible" because you theorize a faith in something that, in fact, you do not have?
well your premise is the one that is wrong i.e. i didn't say it was an error bc I 'theorize a faith in something...blah blah blah'....the part that is the blatant error is: faith (is)the evidence of things not seen....

'faith' is evidence of NOTHING and if there is any 'evidence' that something is real then that is called KNOWLEDGE not 'faith' i.e. it is a BLATANT ERROR!

I submit that the error is in your hypothesis, because it is based on the flawed premise that you, as an adult of presumably average intelligence and education, CAN, in fact, have faith in the existence of the tooth fairy....but that does NOT mean the faith in the tooth fairy is EVIDENCE that the tooth fairy is real:cuckoo:

Simply not true... I have FAITH that my wife will pick up my little girl from daycare every day unless she asks me too. I have FAITH that the military of my country will protect us and preserve our freedom. And these things have truth to them because they've happened before. Having faith is not simply hoping something is (so) without any evidence. It's an error to you because you obviously don't believe in it. Which is fine. Don't believe in it and don't have faith. Makes no difference to me or any other Christian. If Atheists are right then we'll all rot in a box after we die--no big deal. If Christians are right then we'll have everlasting life--no big deal. Why don't you tolerate people's belief and let them do what they want instead of trying to throw nonsense in your face. Not every Christian is Benny Hinn or Joel Olsteen.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I can have 'faith' that the tooth fairy is real but that is evidence of NOTHING therefore this is a very clear example of a MISTAKE in the bible!:cuckoo:

Moron. You are agreeing with your own citation.

well I can rephrase it for the grammar nazis....

I can have 'faith' that the tooth fairy is real but that is NOT EVIDENCE that the tooth fairy is real. Therefore saying 'faith is evidence of things not seen' is a very clear example of a MISTAKE in the bible

There are many errors in the bible. It was assembled decades after the primary events, duh! Not only that but it was added to and subtracted from over the next couple of hundred years. It has all sorts of conflicts.

Well I can only agree but these idiots that claim the bible has no errors just drive me bonkers

What I would like to know is why someone would want to take away from the overall message of the Bible...? I understand that some people don't believe in it, and I understand that some people do, however, why do those who don't believe choose to pick it apart rather than respect it's message, which is love. It's the whole reason why Jesus was crucified...to show Love for mankind.

Moron. You are agreeing with your own citation.

well I can rephrase it for the grammar nazis....

I can have 'faith' that the tooth fairy is real but that is NOT EVIDENCE that the tooth fairy is real. Therefore saying 'faith is evidence of things not seen' is a very clear example of a MISTAKE in the bible

You're comparing the toothfairy to the bible? You're comparing a completely fictionaly character with no prior evidence of existence to the Bible; which is a collection of stories in which alot have been proven to have happened. History tells us that Jesus did exist, and that Jesus was crucified for his beliefs. (Whether he was the son of God is up to you.) Either way, Jesus knew or thought he was dying for all mankind--which is noble in itself if you ask me. How many people do you know who would do such a thing? You tell me when you find a thousands year old scripture that describes, in detail, the toothfairy, her journies, and the factual history behind her and then you can compare the two. Every civilization has believed in a God, Gods, or some form of diety, with very few exceptions. Comparing that to having Faith that the toothfair exists--based on nothing, is not wise IMO.

Last edited:
You militant anti-christian bigots who call yourselves Atheists are an insult to we real Atheists. Real Atheists respect people's religious beliefs, and aren't so unsure of their own that they must attack others.
Midnight Marauder you ignorant slut! I never called myself an 'atheist' bc I am not an atheist! I am a realist so please just STFU

Simply not true... I have FAITH that my wife will pick up my little girl from daycare every day unless she asks me too. I have FAITH that the military of my country will protect us and preserve our freedom.
your error is simple to point out....
you are clearly mistaking KNOWLEDGE with 'faith' which is something that overly religious people seem to do all to frequently....so let me rephrase it for you

I have KNOWLEDGE that my wife will pick up my little girl from daycare every day unless she asks me too.
You have the past EVIDENCE that your wife has picked your child up before so it is KNOWLEDGE not 'faith'.....if your wife had never picked your child up in the past then that would be 'faith'

There are many errors in the bible. It was assembled decades after the primary events, duh! Not only that but it was added to and subtracted from over the next couple of hundred years. It has all sorts of conflicts.

Well I can only agree but these idiots that claim the bible has no errors just drive me bonkers

What I would like to know is why someone would want to take away from the overall message of the Bible...? I understand that some people don't believe in it, and I understand that some people do, however, why do those who don't believe choose to pick it apart rather than respect it's message, which is love. It's the whole reason why Jesus was crucified...to show Love for mankind.

I would argue that no human should have 'respect' for a book that has caused the death of MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of humans throughout history! Do you think people should have 'respect' for MEIN KAMPF? Well far more people have died bc of the bible, torah, & quran than Mein Kampf.... So in other words...I personally would wipe my arse with a bible, quran, and/or torah bc I think they are all PURE EVIL!

Last edited:
Simply not true... I have FAITH that my wife will pick up my little girl from daycare every day unless she asks me too. I have FAITH that the military of my country will protect us and preserve our freedom.
your error is simple to point out....
you are clearly mistaking KNOWLEDGE with 'faith' which is something that overly religious people seem to do all to frequently....so let me rephrase it for you

I have KNOWLEDGE that my wife will pick up my little girl from daycare every day unless she asks me too.
You have the past EVIDENCE that your wife has picked your child up before so it is KNOWLEDGE not 'faith'.....if your wife had never picked your child up in the past then that would be 'faith'

We have past evidence that Jesus existed and was crucified on the cross for what "he" believed was for the sins of mankind. We also have numerous stories in the Bible that have been proven by archeoligical studies. The problem is that you're assuming that because there are a couple of things that are not accurate in the Bible, that all of it must not be true. In the Bible you have stories where people have predicted future events...We people today that predict future events...The only difference is that today we call them psychics instead of prophets. You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare the toothfiary to the Bible. Like I said, until you find a multi-thousand year old text that specifically describes the existence of the toothfairy. People in early Europe used to bury their childrens' teeth after they lost them. The somewhat modern day media turned it into a ritual and falacy. It's two completely different originations when speaking of the Bible and the Toothfairy.

I would argue that no human should have 'respect' for a book that has caused the death of MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of humans throughout history! So in other words...I personally would wipe my arse with a bible, quran, and/or torah bc I think they are all PURE EVIL!

Are you really serious? You think that the absence of these books and religions would cause humans to not kill eachother?? LOL. Chimpanzese live in "tribes" and mount attacks on each other to dominate the jungle. They can't even read and they annihilate each other. It's in our nature to kill each other. We're at war all of the time for reasons absent of religion. The Japanese didn't attack us because of our religion... We didn't attack Vietnam or Korea because of religion. WWI didn't start because of religion.

I would argue that no human should have 'respect' for a book that has caused the death of MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of humans throughout history! So in other words...I personally would wipe my arse with a bible, quran, and/or torah bc I think they are all PURE EVIL!

The "book" didn't cause a damn thing. Misinterpretation by power hungry monarchs and leaders caused the death of "MILLIONS if not BILLIONS" of people. The lack of toleration in human nature (such as the intolerance you're showing now) caused the death of millions and billions of humans, not a book with a good message. That's like blaming a gun for killing someone, or blaming a pencil for mispelled words. The message behind the Bible is LOVE. Because some idiot decided to use the book to wage war against someone he or she thought was inferior or different is not a reason to condemn everyone who believes in it.

Last edited:
The problem is that you're assuming that because there are a couple of things that are not accurate in the Bible, that all of it must not be true.

well that is simply wrong bc I never said that. So yes I know some of the bible is accurate but I also know some of it is simply wrong. The title of this thread was meant for those who claim idiotic things like 'its is the perfect word of God' 'without error'....'every word is true'

It's two completely different originations when speaking of the Bible and the Toothfairy.
I think you invented a new word there :clap2:

The "book" didn't cause a damn thing. Misinterpretation by power hungry monarchs and leaders caused the death of "MILLIONS if not BILLIONS" of people. The lack of toleration in human nature (such as the intolerance you're showing now) caused the death of millions and billions of humans, not a book with a good message. That's like blaming a gun for killing someone, or blaming a pencil for mispelled words. The message behind the Bible is LOVE. Because some idiot decided to use the book to wage war against someone he or she thought was inferior or different is not a reason to condemn everyone who believes in it.

you couldn't be more wrong...the message of the New testament is love...the message of the OLD testatment is eye for an eye...killl KILL KILL!

You're comparing the toothfairy to the bible? You're comparing a completely fictionaly character with no prior evidence of existence to the Bible; which is a collection of stories in which alot have been proven to have happened.

Of course, many of the stories in the bible are historically accurate but that does NOT mean the bible is 'the word of GOD'. It also does not mean Jesus is/was 'GOD'!

You're comparing the toothfairy to the bible? You're comparing a completely fictionaly character with no prior evidence of existence to the Bible; which is a collection of stories in which alot have been proven to have happened.

Of course, many of the stories in the bible are historically accurate but that does NOT mean the bible is 'the word of GOD'. It also does not mean Jesus is/was 'GOD'!

That's what you believe.... As far as the eye for an eye mess..it says later in the same scripture that Vengeance belongs to god. It is also preceded with and followed by NUMEROUS scriptures that express forgiveness of those who commit crimes. You also completely ignored the fact that many prophets in the Bible specifically predicted future events, much like psychics today predict events.

Let me tell you a story: In high school I was coming home from a party at a friends house way out of town. It was about midnight and I was driving about
65mph. I was driving over a series of short but rapid hills outside of town. I started to get this really weird feeling. Something in my head was telling me that I should pull onto the shoulder. I dismissed it and thought I was just freaking myself out and being paranoid. I ignored it and kept on driving in my lane. I passed two more hills and the feeling started getting worse. The hair on the back of my neck and arms stood up and there was voice inside my head that told me to move over immediately (not in those words). I got really freaked out and moved over as I was going over the top of the last hill. As I scooted over to the shoulder, two 18-wheelers came over the hill, one passing the other and completely in my lane. I missed him by about four or five seconds and by about two feet. I didn't grow up going to church every Sunday but did feel that I believed in the existence of God. After this experience I knew there was a God. I find it hard to believe that it was coincidence or merely a physiological fight or flight instinct. I had ZERO clue this semi was coming. SOMETHING told me to move over; and as a teenager it wasn't my strong sense of traffic safety... You probably won't believe a word of this, or if you do attribute it to some scientific phenomena...but that's ok. I know what happened, what I felt, and what I continue to feel.

Last edited:
Let me tell you a story: In high school I was coming home from a party at a friends house way out of town. It was about midnight and I was driving about
65mph. I was driving over a series of short but rapid hills outside of town. I started to get this really weird feeling. Something in my head was telling me that I should pull onto the shoulder. I dismissed it and thought I was just freaking myself out and being paranoid. I ignored it and kept on driving in my lane. I passed two more hills and the feeling started getting worse. The hair on the back of my neck and arms stood up and there was voice inside my head that told me to move over immediately (not in those words). I got really freaked out and moved over as I was going over the top of the last hill. As I scooted over to the shoulder, two 18-wheelers came over the hill, one passing the other and completely in my lane. I missed him by about four or five seconds and by about two feet. I didn't grow up going to church every Sunday but did feel that I believed in the existence of God. After this experience I knew there was a God. I find it hard to believe that it was coincidence or merely a physiological fight or flight instinct. I had ZERO clue this semi was coming. SOMETHING told me to move over; and as a teenager it wasn't my strong sense of traffic safety... You probably won't believe a word of this, or if you do attribute it to some scientific phenomena...but that's ok. I know what happened, what I felt, and what I continue to feel.

I can see how that story might have convinced you to believe in "GOD" in general but why would it convince you to believe in the bible vs. the torah vs. the Quran? Might it simply be that was the religion your parents believed so it was the easiest for you to grasp onto for your psychological pacifier?

There might be a simple explanation for what happened to you...

you are driving down dark hilly roads with only 2 lanes...
common sense says that most drunk drivers are on the road at night time...
it is also common sense that two lane roads in mountainous areas are very dangerous to drive on...

you knew the roads were dangerous and so common sense made you pull over or maybe it was ALLAH? :eusa_hand:

I can see how that story might have convinced you to believe in "GOD" in general but why would it convince you to believe in the bible vs. the torah vs. the Quran? Might it simply be that was the religion your parents believed so it was the easiest for you to grasp onto for your psychological pacifier?

There might be a simple explanation for what happened to you...

you are driving down dark hilly roads with only 2 lanes...
common sense says that most drunk drivers are on the road at night time...
it is also common sense that two lane roads in mountainous areas are very dangerous to drive on...

you knew the roads were dangerous and so common sense made you pull over or maybe it was ALLAH? :eusa_hand:

You're creating a completley false secenario to "pacify" yourself. "common sense says that most drunk drivers are on the road at night time..." where are you getting this from. You have no idea what I was thinking...

To be honest, I don't believe in organized religion because it's man-made. I don't believe that a church has the right to tell me I'm worthy. I think it's good to go to church, but don't think you have to in order to go to Heaven.

As far as my story, that's a load of donkey turds. As a 17 year-old, a drunk driver coming over the hills could be the furtherest thing from my mind. I remember this night vividly and remember specificly thinking about the events a the party and possibly getting a light chewing out from my parents for being 30-minutes late at getting home. I had no thought of having a wreck, or drunk drivers. I just felt, and heard something that told me to move over. I haven't had the same feeling while driving since, and have seen some pretty crazy stuff. By the way, I don't live in a mountainous area. I live on the Texas gulf coast. There are light rolling hills that take mere seconds to to go over. The road is straight, no curves, but the hills get slightly steeper in this particular area.

But like I said, take this for what you will. I know the situation, I know what I felt, I know what happened and that's all that matters to me. There's nothing I can say to make you change your mind, or to convince you that God exists. Frankly, I could care less you think God exists. We'll both find out when we die....you just need to hope you're right. I don't have anything to worry about.

There's nothing I can say to make you change your mind, or to convince you that God exists. Frankly, I could care less you think God exists. We'll both find out when we die....you just need to hope you're right. I don't have anything to worry about.
Wasting your life following the teachings from a 1500+ year old book written by humans who had no clue of our modern world IS something to worry about!

Anyway I do believe in "GOD"...the one and only VERIFIABLE "GOD"....
#1-Humans are not responsible for everything that exists.
#2-Something is.
#3-Whatever it was is debatable but we should call it "GOD"!

So "GOD" is very clearly real but "GOD" had NOTHING to do with the physical writing of the bible, the quran, or the torah and nothing you can say will change those facts!

You militant anti-christian bigots who call yourselves Atheists are an insult to we real Atheists. Real Atheists respect people's religious beliefs, and aren't so unsure of their own that they must attack others.
Atheism is just as much a religion as deism.
Umm, no. True Atheism is the total absense of any religious beliefs.
Agnosticism is what you are describing. We respect all points of view and don't try to force our ideals on anyone. All are free to worship or reflect as they wish.
Respectfully, no again. The Agnostic suspends belief until he sees proof. He admits he doesn't know if "God" exists. He waits for the "burning bush."

True Atheists don't deny the existence of deities, it's stupid to do so. Of course they exist. They're just not what is proposed. They exist in the human heart, creations of man in his own image not the other way around, creations of man, for man. Just like any other fictional character you can name.

Midnight Marauder you ignorant slut! I never called myself an 'atheist' bc I am not an atheist! I am a realist so please just STFU
Ahh. So you're just a anti-christian bigot who hasn't gotten around to using the Atheist label yet to cover your bigotry. That's good. Don't. Stay a honest bigot.

Forum List

Back