PROOF of an ERROR in the BIBLE!

BenMarbleMD

Rookie
Dec 10, 2010
Earth
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I can have 'faith' that the tooth fairy is real but that is evidence of NOTHING therefore this is a very clear example of a MISTAKE in the bible!:cuckoo:

No you can believe in the tooth fairy.

Faith requires truth.

The writer of Hebrews is defining faith for Christians.

The idea that this is a mistake because you don't understand it is rather absurd.

BTW who said there arent mistakes in the Bible? Its a collection of books written by human beings about their interactions with God. There are always going to be mistakes in anything touched by mortal man. Not to mention the weakness of our languages makes it difficult for exact translations with precisely the same meaning as the original authors intended.

But should this stop faith in God? Hardly. You don't need a perfect Bible to worship a Perfect God. The Bible is a tool to help direct us and teach us the experience our forebearer's had with God. It's meant to encourage us to have our own experiences with God. We need to recieve our experiences with God. That's precisely why the Holy Ghost was sent to teach us the truth of all things.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I can have 'faith' that the tooth fairy is real but that is evidence of NOTHING therefore this is a very clear example of a MISTAKE in the bible!:cuckoo:

Why is it an "error in the Bible" because you theorize a faith in something that, in fact, you do not have?

I submit that the error is in your hypothesis, because it is based on the flawed premise that you, as an adult of presumably average intelligence and education, CAN, in fact, have faith in the existence of the tooth fairy.

Who is it that believes in the existence of the tooth fairy? Children, and people of child-like levels of intelligence and/or education. And what is it that they're actually having faith in? That would be the words of adults they trust, such as their parents, grandparents, etc. What their faith is evidence of is not the existence of the tooth fairy, but of the trust that child has in that person. Notice that a parent who has not otherwise proven himself trustworthy to that child will have a child who is suspicious of stories of the tooth fairy.

How is you not understanding English proof of an error in the Bible?

The weirdest part of this is that I could easily name half a dozen errors and contradictions in the Bible off the top of my head, yet these idiots who want to argue that I do not understand the Bible keep posting stupidity and proving how little they actually know about the what they are discussing.

There are many errors in the bible. It was assembled decades after the primary events, duh! Not only that but it was added to and subtracted from over the next couple of hundred years. It has all sorts of conflicts.

There are plenty of good histories out there of how the bible was assembled, try reading one.

There are many errors in the bible. It was assembled decades after the primary events, duh! Not only that but it was added to and subtracted from over the next couple of hundred years. It has all sorts of conflicts.

There are plenty of good histories out there of how the bible was assembled, try reading one.

Events that never happened.

There are plenty of things that are described in the bible that did indeed happen that have been verified through archeological research. The bible is a collection of old tales and fables (some of which may have basis in fact just like Homers Illiad is based on the true story of the sacking of Troy) so it is nothing threatening to anyone. It's a damn old book. It's a history, some is correct some is not. Get over it.

Moron. You are agreeing with your own citation.

Which historical events in the Bible never happened?

You militant anti-christian bigots who call yourselves Atheists are an insult to we real Atheists. Real Atheists respect people's religious beliefs, and aren't so unsure of their own that they must attack others.

How is you not understanding English proof of an error in the Bible?

The weirdest part of this is that I could easily name half a dozen errors and contradictions in the Bible off the top of my head, yet these idiots who want to argue that I do not understand the Bible keep posting stupidity and proving how little they actually know about the what they are discussing.

Of course they know little. Heck, even many people who should know the Bible know little.

People aren't reading it. Let alone studying it.

You can rant against it all you want. But Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He rose from the grave.

You militant anti-christian bigots who call yourselves Atheists are an insult to we real Atheists. Real Atheists respect people's religious beliefs, and aren't so unsure of their own that they must attack others.

Atheism is just as much a religion as deism. Agnosticism is what you are describing. We respect all points of view and don't try to force our ideals on anyone. All are free to worship or reflect as they wish.

Huh..not according to Josephus....

Moron. You are agreeing with your own citation.

There is no need to insult him. Turn the other cheek.

Faith requires truth.
um that sounds catchy and all but without evidence there can be no verification of truth. "Faith' requires absolute lack of EVIDENCE therefore to say 'faith' is 'evidence' of ANYTHING is simply WRONG i.e. a MISTAKE!

I did NOT say it is a mistake bc I don't understand it. So for you to draw that conclusion is what is rather absurd.

um plenty of people claim idiotic things like its the 'perfect word of God' etc.

Why is it an "error in the Bible" because you theorize a faith in something that, in fact, you do not have?
well your premise is the one that is wrong i.e. i didn't say it was an error bc I 'theorize a faith in something...blah blah blah'....the part that is the blatant error is: faith (is)the evidence of things not seen....

'faith' is evidence of NOTHING and if there is any 'evidence' that something is real then that is called KNOWLEDGE not 'faith' i.e. it is a BLATANT ERROR!

I submit that the error is in your hypothesis, because it is based on the flawed premise that you, as an adult of presumably average intelligence and education, CAN, in fact, have faith in the existence of the tooth fairy....but that does NOT mean the faith in the tooth fairy is EVIDENCE that the tooth fairy is real:cuckoo:

Well I can only agree but these idiots that claim the bible has no errors just drive me bonkers

Forum List

Back