Proof: Obamatrons watched "Beverly Hillbillies" too much!!

Republicans believe you can drill everywhere and find oil. That it's at the bottom of every lake and ocean and inside of every mountain.
No one believes that. Why do you have to lie so much?
What else could explain this insane mantra that "drill baby drill" would bring down oil prices?
Yes, it's just insane to think that having a local supply would cost less than shipping it halfway around the world.

Republicans believe you can drill everywhere and find oil. That it's at the bottom of every lake and ocean and inside of every mountain. What else could explain this insane mantra that "drill baby drill" would bring down oil prices?

Ok lets play a game rdean. Turn off everything in your house.

Then get back to me. Be the big man.

I went truly primitive a few years ago in a large house. How are you going to get your water big man.

How are you going to get your water???????????????????????????????????????????????????

:lol:
I love that show, too bad the rest of your post is as entertaining as a test pattern.

Of course you loved it! You proved my point!

I bet you also think health insurance companies just sit around all day and say..
pay this ... don't pay this... screw our customers!!!

I bet you also agree with numnuts Obama on eliminating what ALL american businesses do write off expenses of doing businesses BUT just for oil companies cause they are NOT americans!

I bet you also DIDN"T KNOW that Obama has WRITTEN OFF his OWN personal taxes every year for at least the last 3 years an average of $100,000 in capital losses just like the other evil tax paying Americans do.. YET he complains about the "wealthy not paying their fair share"!

How about this hypocrisy... tells americans.. can't fly to Las Vegas YET his wife takes 10 secret service and family to Las Vegas...
YEA you and Obama certainly set a great example for how hypocrites and ignoramuses (ignorami for Latin purists!) take advantage of affirmative actions!!!

Pretty much.

While visiting family in Tennessee, Potter stopped at a "medical expedition" in Wise, Va. People drove hours for free care from temporary clinics set up in animal stalls at the local fairground. Potter told me that weeks later, flying on a CIGNA corporate jet with the CEO: "I realized that someone's premiums were helping me to travel that way ... paying for my lunch on gold-trimmed china. I thought about those men and women I had seen in Wise County ... not having any idea [how] insurance executives lived." He decided he couldn't be an industry PR hack anymore.

Health Insurance Whistle-Blower Knows Where the Bodies Are Buried | Common Dreams

Hey go a freaking head and pay not only 50% to income tax off your income BUT :D it gets better for your free healthcare. FREE HEALTH CARE

Anything that may contribute now to your bad health (government says) is going to tax out the ying yang.

I've had government now aka mine pay for abortions and treatment of meth users and I hear we have a heroine program on Victoria Island. In Vancouver my MY health care dollars are doing some sort of free needle distribution and what was the last I heard now I remember....a freaking program to treat wino's in Ottawa.....by doing freaking what...
are you ready??????????????????????
switching the winos to Rock Starr drinks.

Last edited:
To review- The OP is blind dittohead BS. We're drilling more than ever, some places SHOULD be off bounds, and the percentage we get from overseas has gone down about 20% in 3 years...Intelligence is good, BS is bad The amount of Pub misinformation is incredible- lying POSs and silly dupes....

Last edited:
I love that show, too bad the rest of your post is as entertaining as a test pattern.

I bet you also think health insurance companies just sit around all day and say..

I bet you also agree with numnuts Obama on eliminating what ALL american businesses do write off expenses of doing businesses BUT just for oil companies cause they are NOT americans!

I bet you also DIDN"T KNOW that Obama has WRITTEN OFF his OWN personal taxes every year for at least the last 3 years an average of $100,000 in capital losses just like the other evil tax paying Americans do.. YET he complains about the "wealthy not paying their fair share"!

How about this hypocrisy... tells americans.. can't fly to Las Vegas YET his wife takes 10 secret service and family to Las Vegas...
YEA you and Obama certainly set a great example for how hypocrites and ignoramuses (ignorami for Latin purists!) take advantage of affirmative actions!!!

Pretty much.

While visiting family in Tennessee, Potter stopped at a "medical expedition" in Wise, Va. People drove hours for free care from temporary clinics set up in animal stalls at the local fairground. Potter told me that weeks later, flying on a CIGNA corporate jet with the CEO: "I realized that someone's premiums were helping me to travel that way ... paying for my lunch on gold-trimmed china. I thought about those men and women I had seen in Wise County ... not having any idea [how] insurance executives lived." He decided he couldn't be an industry PR hack anymore.

Health Insurance Whistle-Blower Knows Where the Bodies Are Buried | Common Dreams

Well I'm in the land of supposedly one of the best countrys for health care. Out of the blue the freaking government decided to cancel our ER ambulance service.

It was a budget decision. Now, being in the middle of nowhere, but having paid into health care tax all my life I would be fucked. Think about it.

To review- The OP is blind dittohead BS. We're drilling more than ever, some places SHOULD be off bounds, and the percentage we get from overseas has gone down about 20% in 3 years...Intelligence is good, BS is bad The amount of Pub misinformation is incredible- lying POSs and silly dupes....

Where are sitting right now franco? You just typed something. How did you do that?

Odds are Solyndra isn't your provider.

:lol:

We need energy. But we can and shall by putting peoples balls to the walls in high offices to make them more accountable sp?

And sadly I look at your post and you come across as just mean and evil.

Ducks Unlimited. Check it out one day. You would be amazed at what just idiots ramblin fools like me accomplished.

I saw Beverly Hillbillies in the title and visions of Ellie May popped into my head.

Potter is a fraud!
Proof?
“My name is Wendell Potter, and for 20 years, I worked as a senior executive at health insurance companies..

Potter: Deny requests. It happens all the time. It happens a lot more often than people realize, that coverage for needed operations or transplants or other procedures are denied by corporate bureaucrats "
Industry whistleblower Wendell Potter: Health insurers thrive on denial | InsuranceQuotes.com

YOU tell me what kind of "expert" uses the phrase.."It happens all the time"!!

THAT's what little kids, idiots, totally uninformed people say .. not "experts"!
I'm EXPERT enough to READ financial statements of health insurance companies!
UNDER Penalty of imprisonment (Thanks to Bush's SOX laws) any executive who states that the
medlical loss ratio is "happens ALL the time" would be thrown in jail!

FACTS from financial reports:
Medical loss ratios of the largest health insurers
Medical-loss ratios of largest for-profit insurers | Physicians for a National Health Program

76.9% - Aetna
82.3% - Cigna
83.9% - Health Net
83.2% - Humana
78.6% - UnitedHealth Group
80.6% - WellPoint
Aetna medical loss ratios range from a low of 72.8 percent in Tennessee to a high of 95.3 percent in New York.
At CIGNA, medical loss ratios range from 47.2 percent in St. Louis to 98.1 percent in Massachusetts.

And Metra-Health reports remarkable variation in medical loss ratios for one small region: 74.3 percent for the Illinois plan,
108.4 percent for the Chicago plan, and 69.0 percent for the St. Louis plan.
http:www//content.healthaffairs.org/cgi/reprint/16/4/176.pdf

For you idiots and Potter the "executive"... folks this means plain and simple..
For ever $1 in premium paid $.80 is paid out in claims! FOLKS that means something!
IT MEANS POtter's "it happens all the time" statement is CRAP! A LIE! FALSEHOOD!
LIke a little KID Potter's statement would mean at the most literal NO CLAIMS are ever Paid!
Totally a LIE! AN EXAGGERATION at best!
80% of every dollar in premium goes out in CLAIMS is a FACT from financial statement averages
and THEY would go to jail if they LIED about that!

Potter is a liar! A thief!
HE WAS A Press AGENT HACK!!
after he quit a high-level position in corporate public relations at CIGNA Corp.,

HE had NO knowledge MUCH less understanding... he was a Press agent! One of the LEAST creditable people around!
Read SOME total LIES from his book!

1)Potter says:"45,000 die in America every year beacause they have no health insurance"
F..k LIE BECAUSE I'll use Potter's TERM.."THAT's WHAT EVERYONE BELIEVES!!!
EVER HEAR about EMTALA????
in 1986 Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) to ensure public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay. Section 1867 of the Social Security Act imposes specific obligations on Medicare-participating hospitals that offer emergency services to provide a medical screening examination (MSE) when a request is made for examination or treatment for an emergency medical condition (EMC), including active labor, regardless of an individual's ability to pay. Hospitals are then required t provide stabilizing treatment for patients with EMCs. If a hospital is unable to stabilize a patient"

I'M GOING TO SHOUT!
IT is because of EMTALA we have the so called health crisis!

It is why Medicare GLADLY ACCEPTS 6,000% OVERCHARGES by HOSPITALS
ALL THE TIME using Potter's phrase!
UNLIKE Potter here is an example!
Univ. Community Hospital Tampa..in 2009
sent 2,110 claims to Medicare for CAT scan no contrast at $2,635 each
BUT IT Cost the hospital $43 each...
A 6,127.91% that Medicare PAID!! 2,110 times! And that is part of the
$250 billion a year in WASTE and FRAUD in Medicare!
THAT IS A FACT! ALL the TIME!!!
Amazon.com: Angelo Mysterioso "7kidchaos"'s review of By Wendell Potter: Deadly Spin: An Insuran...

As a strict conservative that does consulting work for insurance companies, owns insurance company stock and works with their adjustors weekly they most certainly scrutinize each and every claim and deny, negotiate lower, step off of the coverage and practice many other underwriting practices every minute.
They are supposed to. Their job is to keep claims as low as they can.
Do you believe otherwise?

Of course not! You should know that the medical loss ratio AVERAGE is 80%!
MOST idiots though have no idea what that means!
For them it means for every $1 in premium... $.80 goes out to pay claims!
BUT Obama the idiot and his supports don't think that is enough!
OF course Obama and congress took $300 million from the real culprits that cost Americans $600 billion a year ...DEFENSIVE MEDICINE out of fear of lawsuits!
So instead of TAXING lawyers 10% of their $100 billion and using that to pay the premiums to the "uninsured Health Insurance Company © which THEN pays claims from the $10 billion from hospitals that submit claims for the truly 8 million uninsured,
OBAMA CARE TAXES tanning salons!

I deal daily with Medicare and another major contribution to high health care is EMTALA!
LOOK it up!
As a result hospitals Pad and pass on to Medicare with Medicare's blessing.. sometimes 6,000% overcharges! To make up for "uninsured"!
TAX the lawyers at a ratio that with declining $600 billion defensive medicine lowers the tax!
SIMPLE

Medical loss ratio is not a good example of an insurance companies income statement.
That $1 in premium just does not sit there. About 70 % of it goes into reserves and under anti trust law any profits off of that reserve is not taxable. Claims are not paid out of that $1 that is paid as premiums. Premium $$ is used in administration of the insurance company. Most administrative costs of an insurance company average around 30% so the 80% medical loss ration is pretty much a bogus statistic. Claims are paid out of reserves as reserve capital and gains are not taxable to the insurance company because they act as future expenses.
Who in their right mind would ever invest in an insurance company if there profit margins are in the red every year?
Insurance companies can not start business UNLESS they have a certain reserve structure IN PLACE AS CAPITAL BEFORE the first premium is ever collected.
Forevery dollar they collect in premium they have to have a certain multiple of that, the "exposure" of the company to the limits of that policy, in place as reserves before they can collect that premium.
Insurance companies' reserves are in the tens of millions of dollars BEFORE they collect the first premium and not one cent of that is calculated in the medical loss ratio.

Last edited:
I saw Beverly Hillbillies in the title and visions of Ellie May popped into my head.

I loved Ellie. But if you didn't like a possum recipe in particular.....There was always Granny. And she always cracked me up. Great talent for comedy. It was such a funny show. That woman's comedic genius was unreal.

That show invented sort of kinda "Daisy May's". But you only witnessed it briefly. Well sort of. Petticoat Junction was on too. And the girls were in gingham and frilly. The Mary Ann and Ginger battle come to mind.

But but but when you had the Dukes of Hazzard it went a little *cough* higher and shorter.

.:eusa_angel: But I have mine. It's a goal to make it into them every spring. Jumping jacks daily. I got only a couple of months yet.

:D

And for all you great guys out there in USMB land who have been so kind to me and my husband (he can't post from work but he reads what's going on and it really was a bad week)

Disclaimer: hortysir already has the market for us ladies.:eusa_clap: I don't know where her avatars come from but wow.

Ta dah!!!!!

images

Last edited:
As a strict conservative that does consulting work for insurance companies, owns insurance company stock and works with their adjustors weekly they most certainly scrutinize each and every claim and deny, negotiate lower, step off of the coverage and practice many other underwriting practices every minute.
They are supposed to. Their job is to keep claims as low as they can.
Do you believe otherwise?

OF course Obama and congress took $300 million from the real culprits that cost Americans $600 billion a year ...DEFENSIVE MEDICINE out of fear of lawsuits!
So instead of TAXING lawyers 10% of their $100 billion and using that to pay the premiums to the "uninsured Health Insurance Company © which THEN pays claims from the $10 billion from hospitals that submit claims for the truly 8 million uninsured,

I deal daily with Medicare and another major contribution to high health care is EMTALA!
LOOK it up!
As a result hospitals Pad and pass on to Medicare with Medicare's blessing.. sometimes 6,000% overcharges! To make up for "uninsured"!
TAX the lawyers at a ratio that with declining $600 billion defensive medicine lowers the tax!
SIMPLE

Medical loss ratio is not a good example of an insurance companies income statement.
That $1 in premium just does not sit there. About 70 % of it goes into reserves and under anti trust law any profits off of that reserve is not taxable. Claims are not paid out of that $1 that is paid as premiums. Premium $$ is used in administration of the insurance company. Most administrative costs of an insurance company average around 30% so the 80% medical loss ration is pretty much a bogus statistic. Claims are paid out of reserves as reserve capital and gains are not taxable to the insurance company because they act as future expenses.
Who in their right mind would ever invest in an insurance company if there profit margins are in the red every year?
Insurance companies can not start business UNLESS they have a certain reserve structure IN PLACE AS CAPITAL BEFORE the first premium is ever collected.
Forevery dollar they collect in premium they have to have a certain multiple of that, the "exposure" of the company to the limits of that policy, in place as reserves before they can collect that premium.
Insurance companies' reserves are in the tens of millions of dollars BEFORE they collect the first premium and not one cent of that is calculated in the medical loss ratio.

YOU don't KNOW what you are talkiing about! Idiot!
Of course they have reserves!
BUT when you see the NET profit before TAXES are 22 of the 25 industries at 4.5%
where in the "f...k" would you get away with 30% administration costs?

AGAIN when was the LAST time you looked at the financial reports for a health iinsurance company? Or do you know what that MEANS??
Idiot as you are YOU probably also believe that stupid cliche about Medicare having very low administration costs... WELL the truth of the matter is MEDICARE does NOT process one single CLAIM!
YOU have NO idea about this but in 2003 part of Bush's modernization ACT of Medicare streamlined from 200 distinct contractors that processed the 1 billion Medicare claims to 9 companies today !

THEY process the claims... MEDICARE doesn't!

So the myth about Medicare "lower claim processing" cost is just THAT!
They don't have any processing cost cause they don't do any idiot!
Here is the list of the top 25 industries and their profit margins BEFORE TAXES

Fortune 500 2009: Top Performers - Most Profitable Industries: Return on Revenues

Top industries: Most profitable 2008 Profits as % of Revenues
1 Network and Other Communications Equipment 20.4%
2 Internet Services and Retailing 19.4
3 Pharmaceuticals 19.3
4 Medical Products and Equipment 16.3
5 Railroads 12.6
6 Financial Data Services 11.7
7 Mining, Crude-Oil production 11.5
8 Securities 10.7
9 Oil and Gas Equipment, Services 10.2
10 Scientific, Photographic, and Control Equipment 9.9
11 Household and Personal Products 8.7
12 Utilities: Gas and Electric 8.7
13 Aerospace and Defense 7.6
14 Food Services 7.1
15 Industrial Machinery 6.9
16 Food Consumer Products 6.7
17 Electronics, Electrical Equipment 6.5
18 Commercial Banks 5.2
19 Telecommunications 5.1
20 Chemicals 5.0
21 Construction and Farm Machinery 5.0
22 Insurance: Life, Health (stock) 4.6
23 Information Technology Services 4.5
24 Computers, Office Equipment 4.3
25 Metals 3.9

NOTE insurance is #22! of 25!! NET Profits!
SO idiot if the average medical loss ratio is 80% THE NET profit is 4.6%
DO the math idiot... 15.4% for ADMINISTRATION dumb F...k.........!
NOW again here is the abbreviate financial report for

FACTS from Aetna's 2010 Financial Report page 12

$27.6 billion in premium
$22.719 billion in health care costs (82.285%... also known as Medical loss ratio!!!)
$ .954 billion taxes 3.45%
ADD the two up... 82.2% + 3.45% 85.6% from 100%
ADMINISTRATION costs 14.4%!!!!!

Aetna | Investor Relations | Annual Reports

But of course once again you idiot Obamatrons NEVER looked at financial reports MUCH less know what they are BUT you independents... supposedly objective people... YOU helped get that idiot elected it's about time you dealt with FACTS!
Obamacare is based on major MYTHS and if you are half as smart as you "independents" pretend you should have the ability to READ financial reports and SEE where these idiot Obamacare supporters are so full of CRAP!

LOOK it up!
SIMPLE

YOU don't KNOW what you are talkiing about! Idiot!
Of course they have reserves!
BUT when you see the NET profit before TAXES are 22 of the 25 industries at 4.5%
where in the "f...k" would you get away with 30% administration costs?

AGAIN when was the LAST time you looked at the financial reports for a health iinsurance company? Or do you know what that MEANS??
Idiot as you are YOU probably also believe that stupid cliche about Medicare having very low administration costs... WELL the truth of the matter is MEDICARE does NOT process one single CLAIM!
YOU have NO idea about this but in 2003 part of Bush's modernization ACT of Medicare streamlined from 200 distinct contractors that processed the 1 billion Medicare claims to 9 companies today !

THEY process the claims... MEDICARE doesn't!

So the myth about Medicare "lower claim processing" cost is just THAT!
They don't have any processing cost cause they don't do any idiot!
Here is the list of the top 25 industries and their profit margins BEFORE TAXES

Fortune 500 2009: Top Performers - Most Profitable Industries: Return on Revenues

Top industries: Most profitable 2008 Profits as % of Revenues
1 Network and Other Communications Equipment 20.4%
2 Internet Services and Retailing 19.4
3 Pharmaceuticals 19.3
4 Medical Products and Equipment 16.3
5 Railroads 12.6
6 Financial Data Services 11.7
7 Mining, Crude-Oil production 11.5
8 Securities 10.7
9 Oil and Gas Equipment, Services 10.2
10 Scientific, Photographic, and Control Equipment 9.9
11 Household and Personal Products 8.7
12 Utilities: Gas and Electric 8.7
13 Aerospace and Defense 7.6
14 Food Services 7.1
15 Industrial Machinery 6.9
16 Food Consumer Products 6.7
17 Electronics, Electrical Equipment 6.5
18 Commercial Banks 5.2
19 Telecommunications 5.1
20 Chemicals 5.0
21 Construction and Farm Machinery 5.0
22 Insurance: Life, Health (stock) 4.6
23 Information Technology Services 4.5
24 Computers, Office Equipment 4.3
25 Metals 3.9

NOTE insurance is #22! of 25!! NET Profits!
SO idiot if the average medical loss ratio is 80% THE NET profit is 4.6%
DO the math idiot... 15.4% for ADMINISTRATION dumb F...k.........!
NOW again here is the abbreviate financial report for

Nah, I do not know what I am talking about. I took actuarial science and insurance in college and do not know what I am talking about. I do consulting for insurance companies and work for the adjustors weekly.

YOU are the dumb ass. The profits their reserves make ARE NOT IN YOUR FIGURES.
Fool. Insurance companies are exempt from anti trust laws, reinsure and hedge with other insurers all the time.
They HAVE TO HAVE RESERVES IN PLACE to cover their exposure for the first policy sold and premium collected. Example: If they sell a group plan with 20 employees that has 1 million in coverage for each they have to have a reserve in place TO COVER THAT.
WELL DUH!! And that reserve, whatever it is according to that state's law, makes interest, investment income, WHATEVER as profits AND THOSE PROFITS AND GAINS ARE NOT TAXABLE AND DO NOT SHOW UP IN THEIR PROFIT AND LOSS STATEMENT.
Fool. Stick to your day job.
Same as a bookie.
Put the pipe down.

LMAO at CONZ defending the fossil fuel industry from Obama trying to take us to renewables.

Why aren't you defending the horse and buggy industry or the whale oil industry too?

Ole Jed Clampett. Just missed his dinner and up through the groud came the bubbling crude. Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea. Well the first thing you know, ole Jeds a millioniare and the kin folks said "Jed, move away from here.

And he did and he did hire a lobbyist and an accountant and he did get his income tax down to 15% (just like his hero Mittens) and he did join the Rethug Party and now every rethug with a gun is shooting in the ground looking for that bubbling crude.

Oil, it's everywhere. You just have to know where to shoot.

Forum List

Back