Proof Liberal Ideas Don’t Work No Matter Where They Are Tried.

Well one conservative disagreed:
"For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of the liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."
General Douglas MacArthur

Taxes go up in Britain and Revenues go down as the wealth hide or leave.

This is exactly why liberals don’t get it. Taxing can go only so high before the overall impact is a negative.

50p tax rate 'failing to boost revenues’ - Telegraph

Remember back when people worked 80 hour work weeks? Liberals faught and earned 40 hour work weeks, and so now no one works over 40 hours, or they get paid overtime. I don't see anyone complaining, except the business owner and shareholders. In other words, the top 1%.

Do you remember the time or are you too young to remember before companies gave vacation days. Liberal unions faught for and earned those for all of us. We didn't get those until our union brothers and sisters got them first. Then our non union companies had to offer them to us too or else lose good employees to union shops.

Unions made up 35% of our workforce. Today what is is, 9%? Any wonder why our wages haven't gone up in the same 30 years the GOP have been attacking/destroying Unions? No coincidence. But they got you thinking liberals and liberal things are bad and you don't realize you will be negatively affected by their disappearance. You are attacking yourselves.

The rich have destroyed this country through no regulations and free trade nafta, war and tax breaks to themselves.

"For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of the liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."

Yeah, but the Rabbi is so out of touch with reality he thinks that didn't work out for the better.

P.S. This was one of the questions they found Fox viewers to be overwhelmingly unaware of:

True of False and they answer False!

In The Face Of Historically Low Taxes, O'Reilly Claims Taxation Is "Strangling The U.S. Economy" | Media Matters for America

Fox host Bill O'Reilly claimed that "rampant taxation" is "strangling the U.S. economy." But the total U.S. tax burden is "at [the] lowest level since [19]58," and the economy and employment grew at high levels under the Clinton administration, when federal income taxes were higher.

Taxes go up in Britain and Revenues go down as the wealth hide or leave.

This is exactly why liberals don’t get it. Taxing can go only so high before the overall impact is a negative.

So...the U.S. Constitution is a failure? (It was created by Liberals of that day)

The liberals of today are nowhere near the liberals of the post-enlightenment era. In fact, the liberals of yesteryear would be considered today's "right-wing extremists". Anyway, the fact that you can't generate the kinds of revenue you're expecting by taxing the top income bracket is nothing new.

Tax increases lead individuals, particularly those at the top of the income distribution, to decrease their taxable income either by cutting back on hours worked, by shifting income from taxable to non-taxable form or by spending more on tax-deductible items. While analysts disagree on the magnitude of the taxable income elasticity, there is consensus that high-income taxpayers, precisely the ones who are targeted in most reforms, are more sensitive than other taxpayers to increases in marginal tax rates.

Yeah, but the Rabbi is so out of touch with reality he thinks that didn't work out for the better.

That appears to be the view of today's "liberals"
» Fareed Zakaria: Dump the Constitution Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

You fail again.
What is this, 25 for 25?

Proof Liberal Ideas Don’t Work No Matter Where They Are Tried.

I guess we can conclude that Rightwing ideas do not work, since Republicans controlled all three branches until Jan. 2007, yet the national debt went through the roof during that time, they couldn't deal with Katrina, they fucked up the Iraq and Afghan wars, and gas went from $.99 to $4.00.

Non-sequitur of the day.
They had six years to not fuck it up. They failed miserably.

Rightwing ideas do not work.

What is this, 25 for 25?

I've knocked you silly at least that many times, but you're right about the record being unblemished. So take comfort in that at least.

Merely stating something is not the same thing as actually doing it. Maybe that's the Obama Principle.

You have failed to defend any statement you have made, merely repeating them as though that constitutes argument. And then you obfuscate, deflect and ad hom.

Do you think Romans invented roads? Or even their public funding? Do you think Romans were paragons of liberalism?

The United States was founded on liberal ideas dummy. :cuckoo:

No modern liberal believes in those ideas, dipshit.

The OP didn't qualify any 'era', dummy.

Don't play stupid. We all know what eras are being discussed. You were implying that modern liberals have the sames ideals as 18th Century liberals. Nothing could be further from the truth. Modern liberals are always calling the Founding Fathers racist, sexist, homophobic bigots.

No modern liberal believes in those ideas, dipshit.

Don't play stupid. We all know what eras are being discussed. You were implying that modern liberals have the sames ideals as 18th Century liberals. Nothing could be further from the truth. Modern liberals are always calling the Founding Fathers racist, sexist, homophobic bigots.

Your reading comprehension sucks, I implied no such thing.

Damn absolutists!

All liberal ideas do not work, some do.

Can you name 3? I mean, work in any sense other than helping Dems get elected.

40 hour work week
overtime pay
roads
bridges
sewage plants
unemployment insurance
snow clearing

just to name a few...

1. Henry Ford created the 40 hour work week. I think he also invented overtime pay.
  2. Liberals invented roads? I didn't know the Pharaoes of Egypt were liberals.
  3. Bridges? ditto
  4. Sewers have been around since ancient times, but treating it is a fairly new phenomenon, mostly a result of environmental regulations.
  5. Unemployment insurance is the one thing on your list that is truly a liberal idea, and it's a bad one.
  6. Snow clearing? This one is so trivial it's not worth debating.

Of course you did. Who do you think you're fooling?

Of course you did. Who do you think you're fooling?

I'm not trying to fool anyone. But with you lot it's hard not to I suppose.

Don't play stupid.

Mangy ain't playin....

I'm just sayin...

We all know what eras are being discussed. You were implying that modern liberals have the sames ideals as 18th Century liberals. Nothing could be further from the truth. Modern liberals are always calling the Founding Fathers racist, sexist, homophobic bigots.

"Liberal" refers to reforms of political or religious ideas and institutions. Infrastructure is neither liberal nor conservative.

Just because a marble rolls to the left, doesn't mean that it will vote for Obama. (Though a democrat will likely cast a vote for Obama in the marble's name!)

New Topics

Forum List

Back