Proof just how out of touch Obama is and why he must go in 2012

• Banned
you dont get to deside that.

Income dispairity caused this whole mess.

The talk coming from EVERYONE everywhere is jobs and economy. The only people I hear whining about how much someone else makes are extremists like you. I never hear it from my clients or suppliers. Never.

The income gap is at the root to a lot of problems. I find the statement factually correct.

There wasn't so much talk about income disparity before the housing bubble crashed and people were buying houses without down payments and jobs. Or they were overextending themselves.

People have to take responsibility for their own messes.

There wasn't so much talk about income disparity before the housing bubble crashed and people were buying houses without down payments and jobs. Or they were overextending themselves.

Might as well just say that the Financial sector must be protected at all costs.

I disagree with you on a number of points:

1) So far as I can tell from reading your post and internet searches, Obama has never said in any manner of phrasing that "the most important issue of our time is income despairity [sic]". He gave a fairly long speech (Full text of President Obama’s economic speech in Osawatomie, Kans. - The Washington Post) in which he referred to income disparity explicitly twice, calling it bad for the economy and distortive of our democracy (he was correct on both counts). He never said that it was the most important issue of our time, and if he gives a speech tomorrow praising the Boy Scouts it won't mean he thinks they are the greatest organization of our time.

2) You may feel that the three most important issues are as you stated (it depends of course on how one splits up discrete issues-- jobs, recovery, and income disparity are all quite related). However, were Obama to believe otherwise, he would hardly be out of touch-- in particular very few people seem to cite terrorism as a top concern these days (Priorities).

3) Whether Obama agrees with your clients and suppliers has very little to do with whether he is in touch. I can assure you that people I know personally overwhelmingly support Obama for reelection, but that doesn't mean I expect him to earn 90% of the vote. Any group of mutual acquaintances will fail to comprise an accurate statistical representation of a country as large and diverse as ours.

• Banned
Obama says the most important issue of our time is income despairity.

When so clearly the 3 top issues are....

Jobs
Economic recovery
Terrorism

ok you can link it to jobs, and economic recovery, Terrorism not really.

See if people are working they are less likely to bitch about income despairity.
See if the economy is going strong then you have less bitching about Income despairity.

Terrorism is just terrorism...

But you also have a shrinking middleclass, you have no real growth in manufacturing jobs, or anything to replace that. You have more people becoming poorer, and richer people becoming richer. ( dont get me wrong, make money and if you earn it keep it)

So it becomes much harder to rise above income dispairity when the lack of quality jobs are there, and the economy is stale.

shrug

I threw terrorism in because it has defined our national direction for the last decade. It can't simply be ignored. It is still a threat despite what we hope.

As far as our economy goes Obama has the reins. The ability to make bold moves to spark innovation and manufacturing. Why doesn't he offer a 10 year tax holiday to corporations that have moved offshore to come back? It would create untold jobs which would increase revenue despite the break for the company. He could stop bullshiting about the pipeline.

I mean he has options that would make a difference he just chooses not to exercise them for political reasons.

Here is another,while campaigning recently in Scranton pa,he missed a chance at the little guys,he should have taken the 1/2 trip north to Binghamton NY,a place struggling to rcover from devastating floods,but not a word. Pa is a swing state NY isn't just shows where he is really at,himself!

I disagree with you on a number of points:

1) So far as I can tell from reading your post and internet searches, Obama has never said in any manner of phrasing that "the most important issue of our time is income despairity [sic]". He gave a fairly long speech (Full text of President Obama’s economic speech in Osawatomie, Kans. - The Washington Post) in which he referred to income disparity explicitly twice, calling it bad for the economy and distortive of our democracy (he was correct on both counts). He never said that it was the most important issue of our time, and if he gives a speech tomorrow praising the Boy Scouts it won't mean he thinks they are the greatest organization of our time.

2) You may feel that the three most important issues are as you stated (it depends of course on how one splits up discrete issues-- jobs, recovery, and income disparity are all quite related). However, were Obama to believe otherwise, he would hardly be out of touch-- in particular very few people seem to cite terrorism as a top concern these days (Priorities).

3) Whether Obama agrees with your clients and suppliers has very little to do with whether he is in touch. I can assure you that people I know personally overwhelmingly support Obama for reelection, but that doesn't mean I expect him to earn 90% of the vote. Any group of mutual acquaintances will fail to comprise an accurate statistical representation of a country as large and diverse as ours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH635t1mYoM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Moral of the story is just because you didn't hear or see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I threw terrorism in because it has defined our national direction for the last decade. It can't simply be ignored. It is still a threat despite what we hope.

That’s the problem, you’ve bought into the ‘terrorism’ myth. The greatest threat posed by ‘terrorism’ comes from within, our fear, and the threat to our civil liberties consequently.

Otherwise, post #8 sums up my response; for you and others on the right, the only reason why Obama ‘must go’ is because he’s a democrat, no other reason.

everyone but the bank CEOs huh?

why is it the right pretends the banks did not flat out cheat people all through this mess?

ok you can link it to jobs, and economic recovery, Terrorism not really.

See if people are working they are less likely to bitch about income despairity.
See if the economy is going strong then you have less bitching about Income despairity.

Terrorism is just terrorism...

But you also have a shrinking middleclass, you have no real growth in manufacturing jobs, or anything to replace that. You have more people becoming poorer, and richer people becoming richer. ( dont get me wrong, make money and if you earn it keep it)

So it becomes much harder to rise above income dispairity when the lack of quality jobs are there, and the economy is stale.

shrug

As far as our economy goes Obama has the reins. The ability to make bold moves to spark innovation and manufacturing. Why doesn't he offer a 10 year tax holiday to corporations that have moved offshore to come back? It would create untold jobs which would increase revenue despite the break for the company. He could stop bullshiting about the pipeline.

I mean he has options that would make a difference he just chooses not to exercise them for political reasons.

yeah but while terrorism can affect ones economy. i dont think it has a place here.

So you think the president ( any sitting in office ) is directly responsible for our economy?

Because those companies dont want to comeback here. They dont need to anymore. You have cheap labor, and loose laws whereever they land.
Tax breaks will do nothing.

Im sorry for everyone in america but those jobs are gone and we need something to replace it. Some new tech we can make. I dont think solar panels is that answer. Yeah it will create jobs, but not nearly enough in my opinion.

They all have options gramps, and just because he decides to not do what you want, doesnt make him bad.

I dont play Madden, does that make me a bad videogame player?

Yes, I believe a presidents agenda and policies have a very direct impact on our economy.

As far as your assertion that companies won't come back I have a thought. If your right we have NOTHING to lose by offering the carrot to begin with. Only gains could be made. So why not try? Remember the Wright brothers?

The president's moratorium on oil and gas drilling in the Gulf Of Mexico was a fine example on how out of touch he was. That move hurt many oilfield related business's in one of my colleagues district.

Forum List

Back