Proof just how out of touch Obama is and why he must go in 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,927
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    you dont get to deside that.

Income dispairity caused this whole mess.

3. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,927
    The talk coming from EVERYONE everywhere is jobs and economy. The only people I hear whining about how much someone else makes are extremists like you. I never hear it from my clients or suppliers. Never.

4. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,767
    The income gap is at the root to a lot of problems. I find the statement factually correct.

5. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,685
    There wasn't so much talk about income disparity before the housing bubble crashed and people were buying houses without down payments and jobs. Or they were overextending themselves.

People have to take responsibility for their own messes.

6. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,767
    Might as well just say that the Financial sector must be protected at all costs.

7. ladyliberal

ladyliberal Progressive Princess

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +291
    I disagree with you on a number of points:

1) So far as I can tell from reading your post and internet searches, Obama has never said in any manner of phrasing that "the most important issue of our time is income despairity [sic]". He gave a fairly long speech (Full text of President Obama’s economic speech in Osawatomie, Kans. - The Washington Post) in which he referred to income disparity explicitly twice, calling it bad for the economy and distortive of our democracy (he was correct on both counts). He never said that it was the most important issue of our time, and if he gives a speech tomorrow praising the Boy Scouts it won't mean he thinks they are the greatest organization of our time.

2) You may feel that the three most important issues are as you stated (it depends of course on how one splits up discrete issues-- jobs, recovery, and income disparity are all quite related). However, were Obama to believe otherwise, he would hardly be out of touch-- in particular very few people seem to cite terrorism as a top concern these days (Priorities).

3) Whether Obama agrees with your clients and suppliers has very little to do with whether he is in touch. I can assure you that people I know personally overwhelmingly support Obama for reelection, but that doesn't mean I expect him to earn 90% of the vote. Any group of mutual acquaintances will fail to comprise an accurate statistical representation of a country as large and diverse as ours.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,927
    I threw terrorism in because it has defined our national direction for the last decade. It can't simply be ignored. It is still a threat despite what we hope.

As far as our economy goes Obama has the reins. The ability to make bold moves to spark innovation and manufacturing. Why doesn't he offer a 10 year tax holiday to corporations that have moved offshore to come back? It would create untold jobs which would increase revenue despite the break for the company. He could stop bullshiting about the pipeline.

I mean he has options that would make a difference he just chooses not to exercise them for political reasons.

9. chikenwing

chikenwing Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,960
    Here is another,while campaigning recently in Scranton pa,he missed a chance at the little guys,he should have taken the 1/2 trip north to Binghamton NY,a place struggling to rcover from devastating floods,but not a word. Pa is a swing state NY isn't just shows where he is really at,himself!

10. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,411