Proof is in the job resume

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jimnyc, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    The people on the list above have proved their uneducated not by having an opinion, but because their opinion is not based in fact and being hypocritical. Since you don't know with whom I've agreed or boycotted you have no basis for your opinion that I am afraid of anything. Indeed, if you were somewhat educated yourself you would note that I fully support their (and your) right to express their views. You seem to be the only one who is claiming that people don't have the same right because they don't agree with you or they choose not to support causes in which they don't believe.

Which brings me to my point about money. I am advocating that people, instead of trying to silence others (which would be contrary to the Constitution), should just not participate in activities which are contrary to their own beliefs. Why do you have a problem with my references to money? Keep in mind that I have the right to express my views too. And I think it's a better tact to minimize the effect of these so-called celebrities by showing that I don't agree with them rather than denying them their Constitutional right to open their mouths. Isn't it my Constitutional right NOT to support them?

If you choose to support people whom you believe espouse views harmful to society that is your right. I choose to try to make the world a better place through legitimate actions rather than sitting in my room and complaining.

I find it amusing that you seem to think the legitimate response of not spending money on activities I don't agree with is wrong. Boycotting by the government or censorship may in fact be wrong (and unConstitutional) but that clearly doesn't apply to my spending habits.

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    I could ask the same question of the celebrities listed above. Their opinions were "uneducated", although they have the right to speak them.

Their opinions have no impact on my life, but boycotting their services will have an impact on their wallet. I'm not helping them get rich so I can hear their views, if that's what I get for my money I'll spend it elsewhere.

3. Keebs

Keebs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The people on the list above have proved their uneducated not by having an opinion, but because their opinion is not based in fact and being hypocritical.

Fact? When are opinions fact? Sooooo, if I don't agree with someone, and use my fame as a springboard up onto my soapbox, it isn't fact?

Why are we picking these celebs apart? I think you are missing my point being that I DON'T CARE. *laughs*

And I think it's a better tact to minimize the effect of these so-called celebrities by showing that I don't agree with them rather than denying them their Constitutional right to open their mouths.

Great, if you are too good to abuse them with one way, we'll abuse them another way. *shrugs* All they give me is entertainment. You can do whatever you want. All I'm saying is that I don't agree with you. Is that ok?

I choose to try to make the world a better place through legitimate actions rather than sitting in my room and complaining.

Good for you. I'm glad people aren't sitting on their lazy duffs.

Since you don't know with whom I've agreed or boycotted you have no basis for your opinion that I am afraid of anything.

Well, the fact that you advocate boycotting, in my eyes.. shows fear. I don't care if you are on my side, the other side. blah blah. Do what you want, but I'm still not going to agree with you. Just like you still aren't going to agree with me.

Why do you have a problem with my references to money?

Because, money isn't everything?

I find it amusing that you seem to think the legitimate response of not spending money on activities I don't agree with is wrong.

I'm happy to serve as your entertainment.

4. Keebs

Keebs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I could ask the same question of the celebrities listed above. Their opinions were "uneducated", although they have the right to speak them.

Am I just so out there I don't understand what you are trying to say? How is "I'm ashamed of my president" uneducated? Because they didn't finish school? Because they are famous? I don't understand this "uneducated" logic.

I'm seriously not trying to be an ass, someone explain it to me.

5. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    You voluntarily entered this thread and now you keep claiming you don't care, that's a bit odd. You must care about some portion of it if you felt compelled to reply.

You are a source of entertainment, just like a B rated movie that lasts less than a week in theaters.

6. Keebs

Keebs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You are a source of entertainment, just like a B rated movie that lasts less than a week in theaters.

Yes, more abuse. Well, excuse me for trying to educate each other on how we disagree and why we feel that way.

Jim.. if you want me to leave, just ask me to leave.

7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    You are using different words that I stated, the wording was "stupid". You may not agree with George Bush, but he isn't "stupid". Stupid is reserved for people that lack intelligence. He's got quite a resume there for a "stupid" man.

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Look, you're being condescending in 90% of your posts. Rather than replying with "I don't care" how about you just stick to topics you DO care about? It makes no sense to argue something you don't care about, unless your goal is to just be disruptive.

As far as you leaving, do what you wish, I won't lose an ounce of sleep either way.

9. Keebs

Keebs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Look, you're being condescending in 90% of your posts. Rather than replying with "I don't care" how about you just stick to topics you DO care about? It makes no sense to argue something you don't care about, unless your goal is to just be disruptive.

Condescending? To who? Because I want to discuss why we feel differently? Oh get off of it. I want to try and understand why people have different beliefs from me. SOmeone says something, and I want them to explain more.. so all of a sudden im condesending? Screw that.

Your not trying to be logical, you're trying to be abusive.

As far as you leaving, do what you wish, I won't lose an ounce of sleep either way.

Thank you for making me feel so welcome, I really apreciate that. I thought we got passed this last night. But you just sit here and be a bigotted asshole, with no explanation other than "because I can"

10. Keebs

Keebs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, you conviced me to leave. I don't go where I'm not wanted.

I had hoped I could maybe disscuss different views with people, but that just wasn't the case here.

Have fun, and I wish you guys luck in your adventure to make the world a worse place.