Proof for the pro abortion crowd

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by sitarro, Jan 16, 2007.

1. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    More proof for the pro abortion crowd proving that before actual birth those fetuses just aren't human(sarcasm). Go to this site to see the most amazing ultrasound images ever created!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...n_page_id=1799&ct=5&expand=true#StartComments

A crowded womb
    By NATASHA PEARLMAN - More by this author »Last updated at 16:12pm on 16th January 2007

A silicone model of fraternal twins - who have their own placenta and amniotic sac

Twins appear to kiss in the womb
    Health news
    Climate change is making hayfever season arrive early
    British scientists find 'superbug cure'
    Fertility watchdog accused of 'playing to cameras'
    Common cold virus could destroy cancer tumours
    Fertility watchdog to rule on chimeras
    Read Diane Payne's breast cancer blog
    Have your say
    Do you think organic food is better for your health?
    Yes
    No
    More polls »
    Boards & chat
    I can't stop blushing!
    Join the debate »
    A twin leans over and kisses the cheek of her sister in a heart-warming picture that would not be out of place in any family home.

Yet these siblings are a not even born and the astonishing images have been captured on a new 'four-dimensional' ultrasound scan of the womb.

Gallery
    • See the stunning 4D scans
    • More Good Health features

The scans are a highly developed form of traditional ultrasound where very high frequency sound waves are used to produce images of what is inside the body.

As with older forms of ultra-sound, sound waves a emitted from a transducer, or probe, which is placed on the mother's abdomen and then moved to 'look at' areas in the uterus. These sound waves bounce back off the foetus, helping to create a 'picture' of the child on a screen.

The new 4D scan us ses the same frequency of sound waves w as in a normal ultrasound. But the sound waves are directed from many more angles, producing a 'real-time' video of the foetus as it moves and allowing scientists to say the images are in four dimensions.

This advanced technology has allowed scientists to capture the development of foetuses like never before, including twins and triplets jostling for space in the womb while grasping each other's hands and even faces.

The images have also allowed scientists to create life-size silicone models and astonishing computer-generated images of the multiple foetuses, some of which are seen in the pictures shown here.

For the first time, it has also been possible to see detailed pictures of 'vanishing twin syndrome' - where a foetus dies and is re-absorbed into the womb, often in the early stages of pregnancy.

Doctors estimate this occurs in 11 per cent of pregnancies. Some scientists have suggested that 'vanishing twin syndrome' occurs because of a lack of nutrients, so the mother's body naturally 'loses' one or more foetus in order to boost the survival of the others.

Scientists have also been able to examine a variety of twin called a 'mirror' twin, which occasionally occurs when embryos split. This means that while one twin is left-handed, the other is right-handed. But in extreme cases it can lead to one twin having its heart on the left, while the sibling has their heart on the right.

London-based obstetrician Professor Stuart Campbell, who is the pioneer of 4D scans in Britain, performed the scans for a National Geographic documentary.

He says: 'It was fascinating to see the babies in more detail than ever before. I was amazed at the detail in the faces - smiles, blinking - and the interaction between multiple foetuses.'

The scans were used to particular effect when charting the progress of the naturally conceived, identical quadruplets of Julie Carles, 38, whose story was revealed exclusively in the Mail last year.

The scans showed the four fetal bodies developing in minute detail - it is even possible to see their eyelids opening - as well as their developmental patterns as they jostle for space in the womb.

2. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    I predicted before that new ultrasound tech will decimate the pro-abortionists. When I saw my kids on regular ultra sound years ago it brought the whole issue to light for me.

3. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Living cells? Yes, definitely. But no more important than a living cell in a wart. (Yet)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Puddles

Puddles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Pro-abortion?? Talk about spinning, manipulating and being just plain irrational and illogical....I don't think anyone is pro-abortion, try pro-choice or it-doesn't-concern-me-so-I'll-mind-my-own-business spin.

What a woman (especially a woman you have no connection to whatsoever) does with HER body, is not anyone else's business but her's and her partner's...even then, the ultimate decision should be HERS.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    What about the guy who owns 1/2 of the baby? What about the baby? You conveniently forgot them.

6. wiggles

wiggles Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +137
    [​IMG]

Can't get enough of 'em.

7. Puddles

Puddles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Owns??? So now people are property? I didn't realize we can own each other. :rofl:

Well if you want to use that draconian mentality, then:
    a) it's not baby, it's a fetus
    b) while the fetus is in the mother's womb it's HER property, therefore SHE owns it fully
    c) when the man can carry a fetus to term and give birth then he owns it

8. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    First you claim a fetus is not a human, so I call it property for you (what else would it be). Now to you its a person again.

At least you are consistently inconsistent.

9. Puddles

Puddles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Nice try but you know that's not true. I made the fetus remark AFTER you said "What about the guy who owns 1/2 of the baby?" to which I then replied how do you own a baby. Want to try another way to spin it?

10. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Hey puddle,
    Did you bother to look at the ultrasound picture on the site? Are those triplets not babys? Don't they have everything you have? How inconvenient to actually have the technology to see inside the womb to get a better understanding of what the woman has the choice of getting rid of in a way that kills that life. These triplets are not a cancerous growth or a wart, they are little humans. It's the year 2007, when women and soon hopefully men, have a huge variety of ways to prevent a pregnancy from happening and yet you want to continue the draconian act of killing little humans for convenience..... how very caring of you.

Oh by the way, Glock has a very good point.... if the woman decides to have the child the father, whether ever allowed to see the child, will be legally responsible for the cost until said child turns 18.....how very fair of you.

Your arguments are weak at best.