Proof Corporations & the GOP Scewed Labor/Middle Class

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Commerce Department data released today show that the share of national income going to wages and salaries in 2006 was at its lowest level on record with data going back to 1929.[1] The share of national income captured by corporate profits, in contrast, was at its highest level on record.[2]

Wages and salaries have grown at a 1.9 percent average annual rate, after adjusting for inflation. In previous post-World War II recoveries, wages and salaries grew at an average annual rate of 3.8 percent.
Corporate profits have grown at a 12.8 percent average annual rate, after adjusting for inflation, as compared with an average annual growth rate of 8.3 percent in the equivalent periods of past post-World War II business cycles. (See Appendix Table 1.)

Republicans can not argue this, can they?

Share of National Income Going To Wages and Salaries at Record Low in 2006 — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Can't blame this on unions.

Sealy when you blame it all on Republicans you are so full of shit. Just as many Dems have sold the people out for nothing more than thier own greed as Reps. There you go it is that simple.

Sealy when you blame it all on Republicans you are so full of shit. Just as many Dems have sold the people out for nothing more than thier own greed as Reps. There you go it is that simple.

These kinds of replies are so frustrating because I truly believe you believe the shit coming out of you mouth.

Sorry idiot, but the Corporations and the GOP did this, and YOU ASSHOLES defended it. Did you forget? You spit on labor and the middle class. First it was unions, then it was all American workers.

Now you want to take a different approach to this and spread the blame?

Then spread the wealth.

Which party is the party that thinks labor sucks and corporations/ceo's deserve all the profits?

So in 2005 and 2006 when I was telling ASSHOLES like you that we were making less and the corporations were making more, you ASSHOLES asked me, "why do I hate the rich", and you lied. YOu said wages were up. You said the fundamentals of our economy were strong.

You guys are trying desperately to get people to forget how fucking bad you were the last 8 years. And you're trying to blame the Dems??? :eusa_liar:

Just like Pelosi is now responsible for torture and iraq.

And Freddy mack is responsible for the economy.

Fine, you want to assess some blame to the Dems. How's 5% sound?

These kinds of replies are so frustrating because I truly believe you believe the shit coming out of you mouth.

Sorry idiot, but the Corporations and the GOP did this, and YOU ASSHOLES defended it. Did you forget? You spit on labor and the middle class. First it was unions, then it was all American workers.

Then spread the wealth.

Which party is the party that thinks labor sucks and corporations/ceo's deserve all the profits?

So in 2005 and 2006 when I was telling ASSHOLES like you that we were making less and the corporations were making more, you ASSHOLES asked me, "why do I hate the rich", and you lied. YOu said wages were up. You said the fundamentals of our economy were strong.

You guys are trying desperately to get people to forget how fucking bad you were the last 8 years. And you're trying to blame the Dems??? :eusa_liar:

characteristically stupid. thanks for asking.

Then spread the wealth.

You don't see a problem with this Del?

"Wages and salaries in 2006 was at its lowest level on record with data going back to 1929. The share of national income captured by corporate profits, in contrast, was at its highest level on record."

Then spread the wealth.

"Wages and salaries in 2006 was at its lowest level on record with data going back to 1929. The share of national income captured by corporate profits, in contrast, was at its highest level on record."

i don't see it being a one party problem.
deal with it.

deal with it.

Of course you don't because you lean right.

All I can tell you is that back then, I was complaining about this and people on the right were defending it. If you forgot their lame arguments, I'll remind you. "sealybobo, why do you hate the rich". :cuckoo:

Now that we know officially that I was right, you don't see this as being the fault of one party? This is exactly what the GOP wanted. Lower our wages and maximize their profits.

Do you even see this as being a problem?

I don't think I have ever read your opinion on anything.

Your replies always suggest you disagree with someone else's opinion, but you never actually give your own.

deal with it.

I didn't ask you that Del. I said, "do you see a problem with this"?

Wages and salaries in 2006 was at its lowest level on record with data going back to 1929. The share of national income captured by corporate profits, in contrast, was at its highest level on record.

deal with it.

All I can tell you is that back then, I was complaining about this and people on the right were defending it. If you forgot their lame arguments, I'll remind you. "sealybobo, why do you hate the rich". :cuckoo:

Now that we know officially that I was right, you don't see this as being the fault of one party? This is exactly what the GOP wanted. Lower our wages and maximize their profits.

Your replies always suggest you disagree with someone else's opinion, but you never actually give your own.

you want an opinion from me?

i think you're borderline certifiable.

okay?

It is also important to point out that a lot of the corporate profits that year were fake. They came from the housing bubble. Predatory lending.

And it seems now that they did it on purpose. They gave anyone/everyone a loan and didn't even check to verify incomes.

So they knew all these defaulted loans were going to come eventually.

But they didn't care. They made their money.

deal with it.

okay?

For you, that's as good as you admitting you are wrong. You can't answer because you know I'm right. Thanks Del.

Then spread the wealth.

Listen dumbass. I have always supported labor. What I do not support is corruption. If the unions had not let corrupt values hit their doors so heavy and buy-in then those who tried to crush the unions would not have gotten anywhere, comphrende! My family is union. I am small business. As far as I see it big unions and corporations are speaking from both sides of their mouth. Corporations make money most unions make money, see how that works. It is the little guy that no ones stands up for left out in the cold.

If Pelosi was not so stupid she would have realized she would be caught in her lies!

"ASSHOLES" like me would not sell out like "ASSHOLES" like you. Therefore ASSHOLE DEMS took us out. How is that for news for you. I hold both parties responsible for this failure that they have created. You wish to play the partisan. While you were going to work everyday collecting your petty paycheck I was fighting these corporate pricks and these crooked banks that make up paper like it's no big deal. You already knew that though as I have said it at least a hundred times here. I'll say it once more, "It was DEMS who helped take me out of business when I refused to sell out". It was DEMS that were raiding my home here under the color of law when I refused to sign off for the bank fraud. Be the "ASSHOLE" you have already proven that you are. Just keep selling yourself and your future out for nothing more than the security you think you will have. It is nothing more than thin air and blind promises to keep you enslaved to thinking you really have something "special". Remember this part though when you can't feed yourself or your family, I'll be able to feed mine becuase I already faced the beast. It is your turn very soon. It's coming! Get ready!

Last edited:

okay?

For you, that's as good as you admitting you are wrong. You can't answer because you know I'm right. Thanks Del.

no, for me that's admitting that i think you're a taco short of the full combo platter. you're welcome.

Then spread the wealth.

Listen dumbass. I have always supported labor. What I do not support is corruption. If the unions had not let corrupt values hit their doors so heavy and buy-in then those who tried to crush the unions would not have gotten anywhere, comphrende! My family is union. I am small business. As far as I see it big unions and corporations are speaking from both sides of their mouth. Corporations make money most unions make money, see how that works. It is the little guy that no ones stands up for left out in the cold.

If Pelosi was not so stupid she would have realized she would be caught in her lies!

"ASSHOLES" like me would not sell out like "ASSHOLES" like you. Therefore ASSHOLE DEMS took us out. How is that for news for you. I hold both parties responsible for this failure that they have created. You wish to play the partisan. While you were going to work everyday collecting your petty paycheck I was fighting these corporate pricks and these crooked banks that make up paper like it's no big deal. You already knew that though as I have said it at least a hundred times here. I'll say it once more, "It was DEMS who helped take me out of business when I refused to sell out". It was DEMS that were raiding my home here under the color of law when I refused to sign off for the bank fraud. Be the "ASSHOLE" you have already proven that you are. Just keep selling yourself and your future out for nothing more than the security you think you will have. It is nothing more than thin air and blind promises to keep you enslaved to thinking you really have something "special". Remember this part though when you can feed yourself or your family, I'll be able to feed mine becuase I already faced the beast. It is your turn very soon. It's coming! Get ready!

Before I read the rest of your reply, it doesn't say "union wages are down", its all of our wages.

See, this is why it is hard to argue with right wingers. I was complaining that labor was taking a hit these last few years while corporations and ceo's were making more and you guys said "quit whining" or you said, "go out and start your own business". How can I take that any other way than you meaning you don't value labor?

You guys defended it. Now you are going to change your stance and say you aren't anti labor? Everything you guys say is anti labor.

I'm going to go find some old posts that prove my point.

Look all you want. You keep saying you guys. You act like such an idiot sealy. Your like speaking to a broken record that has a badly written song on it.

You want to push something by putting me into some category you have envisioned in your own mind. Let me tell you this again. I am fairly sure I did already once but just in case I repeat it. In 1985 I was blacklisted for being an uppity woman who did not take kindly to sexual discrimination. I "rocked the boat". In 1987 I decided that I was not going to let them do that to me because if they did it to me they were surely doing it to others. No doubt they were. Worse than that though they were endorsing a company that paid slave wages (2.70 an hour). That 2.70 an hour was the part that riled me up enough to make a difference. By 1989 the state changed their minimum wage laws to match the federal minimum wage standard. It was a massive struggle for me with my limited education and being a single mother of two to make those meeting with officials and people who could make a difference. Those twenty dollar bills were damn hard to come by and I would have to spend a whole one of those twenty dollar bills to just to drive to the capital to be heard. Long distance calls cost a small fortune yet I made those calls whenever I knew I could make a difference. My children still remember eating a lot of beans back in those days. They wore hand me downs and I wore whatever I could find at thrift stores or garage sales that would fit. We have never lived in a fully finished house as we lived in what we could afford at the time.

Now, tell me what you have personally accomplished to make a difference in other peoples lives so they could make enough to live?

Then spread the wealth.

"ASSHOLES" like me would not sell out like "ASSHOLES" like you. Therefore ASSHOLE DEMS took us out. How is that for news for you. I hold both parties responsible for this failure that they have created. You wish to play the partisan. While you were going to work everyday collecting your petty paycheck I was fighting these corporate pricks and these crooked banks that make up paper like it's no big deal. You already knew that though as I have said it at least a hundred times here. I'll say it once more, "It was DEMS who helped take me out of business when I refused to sell out". It was DEMS that were raiding my home here under the color of law when I refused to sign off for the bank fraud. Be the "ASSHOLE" you have already proven that you are. Just keep selling yourself and your future out for nothing more than the security you think you will have. It is nothing more than thin air and blind promises to keep you enslaved to thinking you really have something "special". Remember this part though when you can't feed yourself or your family, I'll be able to feed mine becuase I already faced the beast. It is your turn very soon. It's coming! Get ready!

Bottom line, corporations were enjoying record profits when we were struggling. And Republicans were saying everything was just fine.

They said, "just go retrain yourself" or, "my wages are up". Well now we see overall, corporations broke profit records and we took a step back.

The people who argued with me were all Republicans.

Mitt Romney was saying Michigan was in a one state recession.

McCain said the fundamentals of our economy were strong.

And Democrats were disagreeing with them.

You guys can argue all you want, but this is why you lost the election.

I'm not surprised you were denying it back then, but still? Or making excuses?

Just say, "sealybobo, you were right and we were wrong".

Or is this another case where we all have to share the blame. :lol:

It floats both ways. I have already said there are DEMS and REPS to place the blame on. Why even go that far though. Put the ones who have been corrupt in jail or out of office regardless of their party affiliation.

Commerce Department data released today show that the share of national income going to wages and salaries in 2006 was at its lowest level on record with data going back to 1929.[1] The share of national income captured by corporate profits, in contrast, was at its highest level on record.[2]

Wages and salaries have grown at a 1.9 percent average annual rate, after adjusting for inflation. In previous post-World War II recoveries, wages and salaries grew at an average annual rate of 3.8 percent.
Corporate profits have grown at a 12.8 percent average annual rate, after adjusting for inflation, as compared with an average annual growth rate of 8.3 percent in the equivalent periods of past post-World War II business cycles. (See Appendix Table 1.)

Share of National Income Going To Wages and Salaries at Record Low in 2006 — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

I really like corporate profits. Makes for nice, fat, dividend checks.....

I really like corporate profits. Makes for nice, fat, dividend checks.....

Do you work for a living? How much did you make? How much have your wages been lowered?

Roach, back at Morgan Stanley, listed four factors that are working to keep worker's wages depressed-- foreign competition, outsourcing of jobs, worries about future demand, and labor saving devices to replace the need for workers.

Political Affairs Magazine - Workers' Wages Down, Corporate Profits Up

You can be smug, but with proof like this, I don't see my liberal democrats losing any elections anytime soon.

I hope Obama makes the companies you invest in pay their employees more so your dividends are shit.

You probably don't even get dividend checks.

How many years has it been since you got one? What company? I'm going to expose you for lying.

What are you, some leftist socialist?

WHAT makes you think the GOP is out to screw labor????????

"We're going to crush labor as a political entity"
Grover Norquist - Republican economic guru

Forum List

Back