Promoting Islamophobia

Beta Israel practiced FGM. I hope that those that have gone to the U.S. and Israel have stopped.

Hmm, I wonder if Haniya (or the guy who popped in under her screen name who said his wife was born in Spain -- almost like playing musical chairs) can tell us if this is going to be a big practice among Muslims in the U.S. Already there have been cases of that here, as well as honor killings. It is sad enough that both are still taking place in the Muslim world, but I hope that is where they keep it.

Anyone interested in the details of the ancient Egyptian custom
of Female genital "modification"-----which spread to various parts of Africa and into Arabia in ancient times and is now almost entirely an Islamic custom------feel free to ask.
There are
many different techniques employed by both muslims and
by the few African non muslims who still engage in the
custom. Today there is some attempt to stop it-----
even amongst muslims------but there is also some resistence
to that trend-----it has been mandated in the HOLY CALIPHATE
for the sake of allah.

Anyone interested in confiscation of orphans under
Islamic law----feel free to ask-----my very own mother-in-law--
escaped that horror----way back in the 1930s. Historically
it is an interesting issue-----ATATURK had outlawed it-----
in his bid to rid the Ottoman empire of the filth of shariah----
but backwoods shariah shit holes even in the Ottoman
empire fought to preserve it. Shariah is growing in appeal
in Turkey------in fact it's Erdogan's election platform.

FGM is not prevalent in Turkey right now----but it does exist---when I find the article which I read regarding its
RESURGENCE-----I will let you guys know.

for Koran-------check it yourselves----if someone says "that's not Koran , that's Hadith"-----understand that such responses are BS--------no matter---it's what muslims
consider "holy". The allusion in the Koran(or hadiths)
is small----but definitely present
Based on some Archaeological finds
in the Middle east ----it seems to have been something
going on in Canaan----not surprising since it was started
in Egypt (or so they say)

You claimed it was in the Koran and it wasn't. It's in a few - very few Hadiths one of which is considered to be a poor source by Islamic scholars and the others are disputed by scholars as to their meaning. It should be stamped out, like Sati was but it's probably going to be harder in the rural/tribal areas and in Africa where it's culturally entrenched regardless of religion. What's sad is it is often women themselves demanding it for their daughters. Actually Rosie...I think we may be in agreement here.

You do know that all hadiths are said to be a poor source by Islamic clerics when they show the true nature of islam. Take the ones regarding Ayesha alone that the clerics claim

No. They are researched for authenticity by Islamic clerics and scholars - some are considered less accurate or authentic. Opinions can differ among schools of thought. The dispute about Ayesha's age uses a lot of historical events to track her age which lends credibility. Not all Hadith's are "equal" and everything was written after Mohammed's death was it not?

As was the Koran and the earliest known version was not written until 100 years after his death, does this make the Koran not also a poor source of anything ?
The Koran today is written in Arabic while the original was written in Kufic and is completely different to the original.

Beta Israel practiced FGM. I hope that those that have gone to the U.S. and Israel have stopped.

Hmm, I wonder if Haniya (or the guy who popped in under her screen name who said his wife was born in Spain -- almost like playing musical chairs) can tell us if this is going to be a big practice among Muslims in the U.S. Already there have been cases of that here, as well as honor killings. It is sad enough that both are still taking place in the Muslim world, but I hope that is where they keep it.

Lets call them what they are MURDERS and MUTILATIONS in the name of islam, that way no one is under any illusion that it is correct to carry them out.

Evidence from a non partisan source ?

Ethiopian Jewish Women Jewish Women s Archive
MASCULINITY AND FEMININITY
Among the Beta Israel in Ethiopia, masculinity was an ultimate value. The Amharic language is full of expressions praising men and degrading women. Shillele war songs, also sung at weddings and other ceremonious occasions, are designed to arouse male bravery before battle (cf. Herman 1999). A well-known Amharic proverb says:” It is good to beat donkeys and women.” Men’s sexual organs are, by definition, the source of their masculinity. Female genital surgery, or female circumcision (otherwise known as genital mutilation), was normative among Beta Israel women (Grisaru et al. 1997). In Beta Israel society, men had to gain sexual prowess. They were allowed to experiment during the stage of adolescence (goramsa), whereas females had to be virgins at marriage, which usually took place close after first menstruation. While males were expected to be sexually experienced, Beta Israel females could be excommunicated if they were not virgins at marriage. Although marriage is officially monogamous, in practice Beta Israel men sometimes entered polygamous unions with a second wife, or relations with a common-law wife, a concubine, a slave (barya), or simply a divorced woman (galamotta) who was searching for “protection” in Ethiopian terms (Weil 1991). A rich man could have several women, usually residing in different villages, so that there was little knowledge of the other women or contact between them. There are many cases of an older man marrying a younger bride, sometimes even a teenager or a virgin, thus proving his status and wealth to the society at large. Whereas masculinity was symbolized by the staff which every Beta Israel male carries in Ethiopia, femininity was symbolized by blood.

Evidence from a non partisan source ?

Is the Jewish Women's Archive non-partisan? By the way, why don't you never link to a non-partisan source yet require others to do so?

"Female genital surgery, or female circumcision (otherwise known as genital mutilation), was normative among Beta Israel women (Grisaru et al. 1997). "

Ethiopian Jewish Women Jewish Women s Archive

It's not. Neither is honor killings. There will always be the odd case that people will try to use as an example. FGM CAN be eliminated - the practice among Ethiopian Jews (once they moved to Israel) and Beduoin Israeli' was successfully ended for example: http://doctorsonly.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Successful-Cultural-Change.pdf

Anyone interested in the details of the ancient Egyptian custom
of Female genital "modification"-----which spread to various parts of Africa and into Arabia in ancient times and is now almost entirely an Islamic custom------feel free to ask.
There are
many different techniques employed by both muslims and
by the few African non muslims who still engage in the
custom. Today there is some attempt to stop it-----
even amongst muslims------but there is also some resistence
to that trend-----it has been mandated in the HOLY CALIPHATE
for the sake of allah.

Anyone interested in confiscation of orphans under
Islamic law----feel free to ask-----my very own mother-in-law--
escaped that horror----way back in the 1930s. Historically
it is an interesting issue-----ATATURK had outlawed it-----
in his bid to rid the Ottoman empire of the filth of shariah----
but backwoods shariah shit holes even in the Ottoman
empire fought to preserve it. Shariah is growing in appeal
in Turkey------in fact it's Erdogan's election platform.

FGM is not prevalent in Turkey right now----but it does exist---when I find the article which I read regarding its
RESURGENCE-----I will let you guys know.

for Koran-------check it yourselves----if someone says "that's not Koran , that's Hadith"-----understand that such responses are BS--------no matter---it's what muslims
consider "holy". The allusion in the Koran(or hadiths)
is small----but definitely present
Based on some Archaeological finds
in the Middle east ----it seems to have been something
going on in Canaan----not surprising since it was started
in Egypt (or so they say)

You claimed it was in the Koran and it wasn't. It's in a few - very few Hadiths one of which is considered to be a poor source by Islamic scholars and the others are disputed by scholars as to their meaning. It should be stamped out, like Sati was but it's probably going to be harder in the rural/tribal areas and in Africa where it's culturally entrenched regardless of religion. What's sad is it is often women themselves demanding it for their daughters. Actually Rosie...I think we may be in agreement here.

You do know that all hadiths are said to be a poor source by Islamic clerics when they show the true nature of islam. Take the ones regarding Ayesha alone that the clerics claim

No. They are researched for authenticity by Islamic clerics and scholars - some are considered less accurate or authentic. Opinions can differ among schools of thought. The dispute about Ayesha's age uses a lot of historical events to track her age which lends credibility. Not all Hadith's are "equal" and everything was written after Mohammed's death was it not?

As was the Koran and the earliest known version was not written until 100 years after his death, does this make the Koran not also a poor source of anything ?
The Koran today is written in Arabic while the original was written in Kufic and is completely different to the original.

It makes the sources all open to criticism - much like the NT, all of which was written after Christ's death and amended, deleted, etc by numerous Churches. Biblical scholars reject some as not well supported and others as legitimate. The Hadith's are no different.

It's not. Neither is honor killings. There will always be the odd case that people will try to use as an example. FGM CAN be eliminated - the practice among Ethiopian Jews (once they moved to Israel) and Beduoin Israeli' was successfully ended for example: http://doctorsonly.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Successful-Cultural-Change.pdf

you should read your own citations-----those Ethiopian jews
who had engaged in FGM-----stated that no longer wished to
so engage------many of the Bedouin who engaged----stated that they would continue to do so------

so engage------many of the Bedouin who engaged----stated that they would continue to do so------

Regardless of their wish to carry this tradition on elsewhere, I do hope that it eventually stops here in the United States.

America s Underground Female Genital Mutilation Crisis - The Daily Beast

Summary

Our three studies taken together suggest that belief
systems and group identity are the key determinants
for efforts to eradicate FGM. Ethiopian Jews, who
practiced a major form of FGM in Ethiopia, give up
the custom upon arrival in Israel and no reports exist
among pediatricians, gynecologists or the press of
FGM among Jews of Ethiopian origin in Israel. Some
Muslim Bedouin tribes in Israel in 1995 saw FGM
as an important part of their culture, but in practice
performed only a symbolic operation
. By 2008 it had
effectively disappeared
(21).

Yes, trying to claim that a certain people are genetically "bad" or somehow less worthy, smacks of racism.

Yes, trying to claim that a certain people are genetically "bad" or somehow less worthy, smacks of racism.

Really, that is certainly strange then that an Egytian Muslim acquaintance of an old friend of mine told her that she believes that there were many physical disabilities in her own famility because of cousin marriages. Was this Muslim woman racist?

Promoting Islamophobia
The Main Purveyors of Islamophobia

Written by Hillary Smith
The Roots

The roots of Islamophobia in America can be traced to a small, well-funded and well-connected network of “misinformation experts” who use Islamophobia as a tool to promote the Israeli agenda here within the United States.
According to a research study conducted by the Center for American Progress entitled Fear, Inc., there are five key purveyors who manipulate Islamophobia to further the US’s support of Israel: Frank Gaffney of the Center for Security Policy, David Yerushalmi of the Society of Americans for National Existence, Daniel Pipes of the Middle East Forum, Robert Spencer of both Jihad Watch and Stop Islamization of America and Steven Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism. American billionaire Sheldon Gary Adelson, terrorism “expert” Evan Kohlmann, journalist Jennifer Rubin, and Emergency Committee for Israel’s founding member, Rachel Abrams additionally contribute to this network.

Promoting Islamophobia Council for the National Interest
Would you like to meet the real purveyors of Islamophobia?

islam-jihad-army1.jpg

Forum List

Back