Promote Romney

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Tell me why you will be voting for him You can even be honest, and say "because he's not Obama," - but I'm still going to want to know what you think he will accomplish. Because frankly? He's not saying. He's talking in sound bites.

And I'm not sure he shook his Etch-a-Sketch yet.

Tell me why you will be voting for him You can even be honest, and say "because he's not Obama," - but I'm still going to want to know what you think he will accomplish. Because frankly? He's not saying. He's talking in sound bites.

First tell me what Obama's plans are. He damn sure ain't saying.

I was going to offer a serious answer till I saw that the thread was for the kiddies.

Hope and Change, you got a problem with that?

• Banned

I was going to offer a serious answer till I saw that the thread was for the kiddies.

Following in your footsteps, boss. :thup:

Hope and Change, you got a problem with that?

Yes I do.

Romney camp still light on the specifics - First Read

The specifics are still lacking.

Mitt Romney promises to balance the budget by 2020, after his eight years in office, if elected. But a Romney surrogate went on MSNBC’s The Daily Rundown this morning and had a difficult time defending the candidate’s lack of specifics.

“I’m not an economist, and I’m not going to play an economist,” Romney adviser Tara Wall told NBC’s Luke Russert, guest-hosting for Chuck Todd, after Russert pressed for details on how Romney would close the nation’s deficits. “Mitt Romney has a proven record,” she added.

Wall noted that Romney would give tax breaks, “replace ObamaCare,” and make spending cuts and streamline government.

Russert pointed out that Romney proposes to increase defense spending and cut taxes even more, which would increase spending and reduce revenue. So, what are the offsets? Russert asked.

Wall deflected.

"There's plenty of time to learn and hear more from the candidates,” Wall said, adding that Romney would get rid of “new regulations, overzealous regulations.”

And then she wanted to talk about the campaign’s latest attack on President Obama as being “anti-business.”

“Look at where our growth comes from,” she said, adding that Romney would not be “maligning our small businesses, not demonizing small businesses.”

Pressed for specifics on Afghanistan, given Romney’s upcoming trip abroad, Wall again deflected, contending these aren’t the issues that are most important to the election.

Mitt Romney promises to balance the budget by 2020, after his eight years in office, if elected. But a Romney surrogate went on MSNBC’s The Daily Rundown this morning and had a difficult time defending the candidate’s lack of specifics.

“I’m not an economist, and I’m not going to play an economist,” Romney adviser Tara Wall told NBC’s Luke Russert, guest-hosting for Chuck Todd, after Russert pressed for details on how Romney would close the nation’s deficits. “Mitt Romney has a proven record,” she added.

Wall noted that Romney would give tax breaks, “replace ObamaCare,” and make spending cuts and streamline government.

Russert pointed out that Romney proposes to increase defense spending and cut taxes even more, which would increase spending and reduce revenue. So, what are the offsets? Russert asked.

Wall deflected.

"There's plenty of time to learn and hear more from the candidates,” Wall said, adding that Romney would get rid of “new regulations, overzealous regulations.”

And then she wanted to talk about the campaign’s latest attack on President Obama as being “anti-business.”

“Look at where our growth comes from,” she said, adding that Romney would not be “maligning our small businesses, not demonizing small businesses.”

Pressed for specifics on Afghanistan, given Romney’s upcoming trip abroad, Wall again deflected, contending these aren’t the issues that are most important to the election.

I stopped reading once I reached that bold-red thing...

Oh hell yes he is. You're just not listening.

And Obama "Hope and Change" sound biter teleprompter didn't talk in sound bites?

I like many people voted for McCain holding my nose but did it as the lesser of two evils!
Romney is a little better in that
A) HE is an executive knows how to EXECUTE!
1) In 1971, he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Brigham Young University and, in 1975, a joint Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration from Harvard University as a Baker Scholar.
So he has an MBA & Law degree which totally trumps Obama!
2) Extremely successful in advising people how to grow their companies:
AND YES FAR MORE people were hired and WORK for Staples, etc. then were fired!
B) He was a governor and ran the state of Mass from 2003 to 2007.. during which he
started ROMNEYCARE which may be working or not but it is a STATE not Federal program and everyone knows STATES should be the laboratories of government!

So when you compare Obama's totally liteweight credentials against Romney forgot everything else Romney totally obliterates Obama!

So Obama has also SHOWN his ineptness and now we know he wants to destroy not build!
BIG difference as Obama believes there is a finite pie that we all must like animals tear our share!

Romney like many of us see an infinite PIE! NO limits to where we all can grow!
Proof Romney is right as many of us also are:
Tell me which number is bigger? $476 million or $12.9 Trillion?
Stupid question but then tell me..

IF the pie is finite then how did the USA gross domestic product grow from

GDP in GDP in 2005 dollars Population GDP per capita in 2005 dollars.
1800 $ 476,000,000 5,297,000 $ 90
1900 $ 20,567,000,000 76,094,000 $ 5,556
2009 $12,987,400,000,000 307,483,000 $42,247
Measuring Worth - Measures of worth, inflation rates, saving calculator, relative value, worth of a dollar, worth of a pound, purchasing power, gold prices, GDP, history of wages, average wage

Why if the PIE is finite as Obama thinks do we have cell phones? cars? Internet?
NOT because of people thinking the pie is finite but many of us that ask let's grow the pie!

I don't think he is the best person for the job but since we have only two choices I am chosing to vote against Obama. We have to get someone in the White House that understands America and how we go here

Wall deflected.

I think we'll be waiting a long time before we get clarity from that camp. My guess is he's banking (HA!~ Too funny) on "Anybody but Obama" being enough to carry him to the White House.

I think we'll be waiting a long time before we get clarity from that camp. My guess is he's banking (HA!~ Too funny) on "Anybody but Obama" being enough to carry him to the White House.

He's a nothing candidate. There's literally nothing he brings to the table. His policy "proposals" are vague rhetorical throwbacks to Republican dogma of the last 30 years; his team has no idea how they can be made to work but, hey, "there's plenty of time to learn and hear more from the candidates" [three and a half months out from the election].

His vaunted business background is now a net liability that he's struggling to slither away from. Don't even get started on his tenure as the universal health care governor of Taxachussetts, which has, rhetorically at least, made him virulently anti-universal health care.

There's no dimension along which the public actually thinks he's a better fit for the presidency than Obama:

6-21-12-30.png

Romney is a nothing candidate.

But I defer to the storm of praise and arguments in his favor offered by conservatives in this thread. Whoops, there hasn't been any.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back