Promises Promises

"...but Hey, he got Bin Laden, didn't he???"

Without some of those efforts he "inherited" no one would have known then, where BL was. The search for him, in the caverns of mountainous terrain, would still be going on

Maybe. I do not totally believe that. The cover up scam on that never added up to me

Without some of those efforts he "inherited" no one would have known then, where BL was. The search for him, in the caverns of mountainous terrain, would still be going on
SEAL Team Six "got" bin Laden, not some politician in DC.

I think some are not aware of how politically risky it was to order a commando mission into Pakistan. Had it failed the fallout would have been like Carter's raid on Iran X100. He put his political career on the line to get that bastard and all the right can say is "You suck, you killed our favorite boogyman".

Obama has taken in almost $4 million from the banking and financial sector so far in this campaign. He declared receiving almost $26 million from them in 2008.

But be sure to run right out and vote for him again this time, because he's not like all the other politicians. :lmao:

and how much has romney taken? come on crackerjack....post both sides of the issue....not just one

bama has done nothing about banks, civil liberties etc....lets bring back free speech...period....lets not jail citizens with no trial...the list just goes on and on

I think some are not aware of how politically risky it was to order a commando mission into Pakistan. Had it failed the fallout would have been like Carter's raid on Iran X100. He put his political career on the line to get that bastard and all the right can say is "You suck, you killed our favorite boogyman".
True, but on the other hand, had it gotten out that bin Laden was within the reach of the military (and you know it would have) and he chose not to authorize the mission, he'd have gone down in flames over that, too.

Obama has taken in almost $4 million from the banking and financial sector so far in this campaign. He declared receiving almost $26 million from them in 2008.

But be sure to run right out and vote for him again this time, because he's not like all the other politicians. :lmao:

and how much has romney taken? come on crackerjack....post both sides of the issue....not just one

bama has done nothing about banks, civil liberties etc....lets bring back free speech...period....lets not jail citizens with no trial...the list just goes on and on
Don't come away with the impression that I think Romney is any less influenced by the massive amounts of money he's taken in from the very same people.

Don't come away with the impression that I think Romney is any less influenced by the massive amounts of money he's taken in from the very same people.

all sides are owned by the same handlers...simple as that

all sides are owned by the same handlers...simple as that

Not the Tea Party. Not yet anyway.

True, but on the other hand, had it gotten out that bin Laden was within the reach of the military (and you know it would have) and he chose not to authorize the mission, he'd have gone down in flames over that, too.

There was never any question of not authorizing the mission seeing as how he said that he would make Bin Laden a priority and get him no matter where he was hiding and who was protecting him. I have to wonder at the effort to minimize this honest achievement, it's clear that no republican would have the slightest problem with a republican president doing precisely the same thing.

Politics be damned. Was it the right thing to do?

I don't care about the politics when it comes to getting those who want to kill us.

Politics be damned. Was it the right thing to do?

I don't care about the politics when it comes to getting those who want to kill us.

Damned right it was the right thing to do, we have a military, it should be used to wipe-out monsters.

There was never any question of not authorizing the mission seeing as how he said that he would make Bin Laden a priority and get him no matter where he was hiding and who was protecting him. I have to wonder at the effort to minimize this honest achievement, it's clear that no republican would have the slightest problem with a republican president doing precisely the same thing.
I'm just trying to put this in its proper perspective. Yes, it was politically risky but at the same time it was also expected of him to do the right thing and authorize the mission.

I'm just trying to put this in its proper perspective. Yes, it was politically risky but at the same time it was also expected of him to do the right thing and authorize the mission.

The proper perspective would be to give the man some credit for a job well done on this and his other military objectives.

The proper perspective would be to give the man some credit for a job well done on this and his other military objectives.
From what I hear the man tried to be missing when it went down. He wanted to blame someone else if something went wrong. When it was a success he ran up to the mic and blabbed to the world "I GOT USAMA BIN LADEN!!!!!"

Then he started blabbing all kinds of fake details about how he personally decided how many troops would be involved so they could fight their way out of Pakistan on foot.

Total BS. He even gave details of the mission to a movie director who's making a movie to glorify him before the election.

i haven't lost touch with reality. Obama has been nothing but a failure for 4 yrs. why on earth would anyone re elect that???? I am voting out all incumbents and clean house on both sides of the fence. I am obligated to no party affliation, or groups and nor will their gift of gab convience me to vote for them. All incumbents are out of the question. This is the worst administration this country has ever had. And it couldn't be more obvious.

Blaming everyone for what this administration does is an emotional response and does nothing to improve the situation.

Blaming an administration, while ignoring the fact that there are other branches of government, is an emotional response and does nothing to improve the situation.

Voting for a lesser of two evils, just to get rid of an administration you don't like, is an emotional response and does nothing to improve the situation.

If you vote for the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for evil...

cartoon+obama+emmy.jpg

President Obama signed legislation aimed at curbing financial fraud in the mortgage industry including a provision that created an independent panel to investigate the root causes of the nation’s economic downturn back in May of 2009.

Obama also said in his 2012 State Of The Union Address that he would create a commission of 55 lawyers to look into the causes of the mortgage crisis.

So what has been done up to date?

Nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. He's had time to scout for vacation spots though.

Since May of 2009 nothing has been done, but it sure sounded great when he said it, didn't it????

Looks like the only thing Obama has done is accuse bankers of being greedy and give speeches about how the rich are screwing everyone.

He also promised to help people that were underwater on their mortgages calling it Cramdown. Looks like he didn't do that ether. As a matter of fact he was asked to take this on while the Dems had a majority, but instead Obama wanted to take that on later. Larry Summers, Obama's former economic adviser eventually said that he was not supportive of the idea.

But hey, it sure sounded great when he said it......didn't it?

When you think about it......nobody has really said exactly what caused the financial crisis. Nobody can say exactly what took place.....even though a paper-trail is out there. It should be something that has been investigated but it hasn't. All we know is that banks are bad and deserve to be punished but the actual guilty parties have never been investigated, punished, fined, whatever.

Why is that?

I know, but do you????

Seems all he does is promise this and promise that...

...but Hey, he got Bin Laden, didn't he???

5689113330_534cc0f82c_z.jpg

Links

Tell President Obama: Investigate the banks!
Dems: Obama Broke Pledge to Force Banks to Help Homeowners - ProPublica
Obama Signs Financial Bill, Creating Investigative Panel - NYTimes.com

Barry is all talk, no action with many of his various promises.

Posted in another thread the other day about Hannity playing 4-5 video clips of Obama, beginning during his campaign days and then in subsequent years, in which he said virtually the same thing about taking action against speculators whose actions are responsible for helping to drive up gas prices. He started telling folks what he was going to do back in '07, repeated it 3-4 more times over the years, and as of this week he'd done absolutely nothing about the "problem" other than talk about it again.

This bozo obviously thinks people don't have memories, which is probably right for most of his supporters, but his opposition is going to remind everyone very clearly about his failed promises. The list is long and the TV ads will be killers.

Forum List

Back