Sep 15, 2008
I think the obamalama has already broken two promises of "change"

1.. taking all the clintonistas on board

2. he's backing away from taxing the rich! lol

oh my my my oh my! :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
1.. taking all the clintonistas on board

Bull puckey. They can still bring about some of the progressive changes he has been pushing

2. he's backing away from taxing the rich! lol

More bull. He is still talking about repealing the trickle down/getting pissed on taxes for the rich.

Almost feel sorry for the guy. The left wing hate media is going to eat him alive in six months or sooner.
You obamabots are going to be watching a lot more FOX News, Just to get some of that fair and balanced you said wasn't there.

More bull. He is still talking about repealing the trickle down/getting pissed on taxes for the rich.

no he's not, he's thinking of holding off til the economy stabalizes and he's thinking of not repealing the Bush tax cuts but rather just letting them expire..

no he's not, he's thinking of holding off til the economy stabalizes and he's thinking of not repealing the Bush tax cuts but rather just letting them expire..

sure beats what McCain would've done, which is make them permanent. :eusa_whistle:

sure beats what McCain would've done, which is make them permanent. :eusa_whistle:

Hard to tell Silence. If you judge by who he's appointing and what he's saying, it may be Bush 3. So, same as McLame. But, if it's any consolation, I don't believe him. I think he really is a Marxist. So, we'll get our share of real Hugo Chavez type change sooner rather than later.

If he does a really good job, maybe next election we can just vote "yes" or "no".

While I certainly do think that desperate times call for desperate measures, it is still alarming that after so convincingly asserting a new political era Obama has done an awful lot of back pedaling. From campaign finance and lobbyists to contemplating abandoning his repeal of elitist tax cuts, it's unsettling that a democrat so bent on being the independent democrat is looking more and more like another cog in the political machine.

While I certainly do think that desperate times call for desperate measures, it is still alarming that after so convincingly asserting a new political era Obama has done an awful lot of back pedaling. From campaign finance and lobbyists to contemplating abandoning his repeal of elitist tax cuts, it's unsettling that a democrat so bent on being the independent democrat is looking more and more like another cog in the political machine.

Why are you surprised?

I have presumed, ever since the economic meltdown, that the tax structure isn't going to change significantly as Obama had promised back before this meltdown happened.

I operate under the assumption that the tax breaks for billionaires MIGHT be allowed to go back to the tax scheme it had been, but now?

I am doubtful that even that will happen.

Now is NOT the time to try to balance the budget.

That is exactly what hoover tried which turned the economic meltdown on Wall street into the economic meltdown of the entire economy.

We are suffering from a dirth of money right now.

The last thing we need to do is make that worse.

I guess it's never really occured to anyone that Obama might be "playing nice" until he takes office?

He knows the economy is in trouble, if he tries to play hardball before he even takes the oath of office what kind of cooperation do you think the Bush administration is going to give him? NONE, nada, zip!

So far his appointments have all been people wholly qualified for the positions they've been slated to inhabit. I see no reason to bitch and moan about tapping into the talents of people who obviously knew what they were doing in the past.

oh trust us,, it's occurred to us that he's only "playing nice" aka lying until he got into office,, trust us.. :lol::lol::lol:

I guess it's never really occured to anyone that Obama might be "playing nice" until he takes office?

He knows the economy is in trouble, if he tries to play hardball before he even takes the oath of office what kind of cooperation do you think the Bush administration is going to give him? NONE, nada, zip!

So far his appointments have all been people wholly qualified for the positions they've been slated to inhabit. I see no reason to bitch and moan about tapping into the talents of people who obviously knew what they were doing in the past.

At least one of the points people have been making is that while the appointees are "qualified" by traditional standards, there is no real difference between these guys and the last guys or the guys before them. And, those are the guys that got us here. So, if you are happy with the way things are running now, economically, then you will continue to be happy next year.

I mean look at really, these same guys are going in and out of power in government in different positions. Then, they go in and out of power in various high power Wall Street banks. When you take a broad look at the last 20 years these jokers have been running the banks and the economy, do you really like what you see? This, unfortunately, isn't even a Repub/Dem thing. I see the same guys no matter what party is in office.

At least one of the points people have been making is that while the appointees are "qualified" by traditional standards, there is no real difference between these guys and the last guys or the guys before them. And, those are the guys that got us here. So, if you are happy with the way things are running now, economically, then you will continue to be happy next year.

I mean look at really, these same guys are going in and out of power in government in different positions. Then, they go in and out of power in various high power Wall Street banks. When you take a broad look at the last 20 years these jokers have been running the banks and the economy, do you really like what you see? This, unfortunately, isn't even a Repub/Dem thing. I see the same guys no matter what party is in office.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91JG1Qpq8P8]YouTube - The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - Synchronized[/ame]

How long before the current sack of shit that Bush is leaving will be all blamed on Obama? All you folks who already lost your jobs, that's Obama's fault.

You obamabots are going to be watching a lot more FOX News, Just to get some of that fair and balanced you said wasn't there.

No the Foxobots will continue to drink their kool aid the Ruperts' Well.:lol:

They have never been fair and balanced. It's the right wing nooze machine.:cuckoo:

How long before the current sack of shit that Bush is leaving will be all blamed on Obama? All you folks who already lost your jobs, that's Obama's fault.

No the Foxobots will continue to drink their kool aid the Ruperts' Well.:lol:

They have never been fair and balanced. It's the right wing nooze machine.:cuckoo:

yes, and we just got colme's azz gone.. whoooopeeee! :clap2:

ohhh no new health care for all, we're just gonna make health care more proficient by updating modern technology! :confused: doggone where is my health care just like his?

Forum List

Back