Prominent Democrat says GOP not waging 'war on women'

Diversions like the phony war on women is all the lefties have, so look for more of them as the race heats up. They can run on Barry's record, supported primarily by Dims, or try to invent issues to keep the focus anywhere but on reality.

Suck on THAT, Democrats :p

Prominent Democrat Says GOP Not Waging 'war On Women' | Fox News

The chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus said Sunday that "it's wrong" for Democrats to accuse Republicans of waging a "war on women."

"Yes, that is wrong. And I've never said it, not one time," Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., said, speaking on CNN's "State of the Union."

Cleaver made the statement when asked directly about Democratic claims that recent GOP legislation on abortion and other issues is tantamount to a campaign against women.

"I condemn it. If it's a Democrat, if it's my cousin, it's wrong," Cleaver said. "And I think we need to stop that. It is damaging the body politic and it's further separating the people in this country."

I'd like a link to hear his comments in context. If in fact, in context, this is an accurate representation of his opinion, it would be one more example of a Democrat expressing a personal opinion which is an acceptable practice within the culture of the Democratic Party.

Had a Republican condemened the GOP for the war on women, s/he would be called out as a RINO. Don't expect Democrats to call Rep. Cleaver a DINO. DINO's are extinct; they were the Dixiecrats who are now the proud members of the Republican Party.

The chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus said Sunday that "it's wrong" for Democrats to accuse Republicans of waging a "war on women."

"Yes, that is wrong. And I've never said it, not one time," Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., said, speaking on CNN's "State of the Union."

Cleaver made the statement when asked directly about Democratic claims that recent GOP legislation on abortion and other issues is tantamount to a campaign against women.

"I condemn it. If it's a Democrat, if it's my cousin, it's wrong," Cleaver said. "And I think we need to stop that. It is damaging the body politic and it's further separating the people in this country."

I'd like a link to hear his comments in context. If in fact, in context, this is an accurate representation of his opinion, it would be one more example of a Democrat expressing a personal opinion which is an acceptable practice within the culture of the Democratic Party.

Had a Republican condemened the GOP for the war on women, s/he would be called out as a RINO. Don't expect Democrats to call Rep. Cleaver a DINO. DINO's are extinct; they were the Dixiecrats who are now the proud members of the Republican Party.
Funny how liberals are suddenly so concerned about 'context', when they think it will help their position.

The sense some have there is a war on women is not just about Fluke controversy, as some purport. It has to do with the unprecedented number of provisions in the last few years to remove women's right to reproductive freedom.

gpr150114-f3.gif

Troubling Trend: More States Hostile to Abortion Rights as Middle Ground Shrinks

You fail to realize that as our health care industry moves forward babies that were once considered not viable are now able to survive at 20 weeks, thank God or my nephew wouldn't be here, he was born at 20 1/2 weeks and is doing fine. Those abortion laws that have been enacted have to do with partial birth abortions. A woman should not be able to abort a baby that could other wise live. Abortions are still legal BTW, just not at 24 weeks.

See, just like I said, the sheeple are falling in line behind the lies and rhetoric.

The sense some have there is a war on women is not just about Fluke controversy, as some purport. It has to do with the unprecedented number of provisions in the last few years to remove women's right to reproductive freedom.

Troubling Trend: More States Hostile to Abortion Rights as Middle Ground Shrinks

You fail to realize that as our health care industry moves forward babies that were once considered not viable are now able to survive at 20 weeks, thank God or my nephew wouldn't be here, he was born at 20 1/2 weeks and is doing fine. Those abortion laws that have been enacted have to do with partial birth abortions. A woman should not be able to abort a baby that could other wise live. Abortions are still legal BTW, just not at 24 weeks.

See, just like I said, the sheeple are falling in line behind the lies and rhetoric.
Born at 20 1/2 weeks??

Do the newspapers know about this?

I mean, seeing the Miracle baby made all the news last year, you would have thought we'd know about this new medical miracle./

A medical miracle: World's most premature baby, born at 21 weeks and five days, goes home to her delighted parents

By Claire Bates
UPDATED: 16:46 EST, 25 April 2011

A record-breaking baby girl who was born at just 21 weeks
and five days has spent Easter at home with her delighted parents after spending five months in neonatal care.

Last edited:

Born at 20 1/2 weeks??

Do the newspapers know about this?

You're right, he was born at 22 1/2 weeks, I apologize (for the misinformation).............I just checked with my sister. He weighed just over a pound and could fit in his daddy's hand. He just turned 21 in June. :)

It still doesn't negate the fact that many abortions are/were performed up to 24 weeks, what does that tell you.

Cleaver is a prominent Democrat? Why? Because FOX told you he is?

There's many more prominent Republicans that don't believe Rep. Cleaver, and have been kicking their party in the butt.

Last edited:
There is no war on women, period. Birth control is available, it will continue to be available but the Government cannot and should not force a religious institution to do something that goes against it's core values.

Democrats will use every reflective surface manufactured, and burn every cigarette made, in the past 100 years to throw up as much smoke and mirrors as it takes to deflect from and conceal this reality.

I'll take this comment with a grain of salt. Cleaver was our mayor for some time and I don't trust him much. His displays during the tea party rallies and his one sided approach to things here in KC show his true side. I will have to see his actions locally as he campaigns before I believe he has had a change of heart. Honestly it just sounds like pre election pandering to me.

But he feels the right has a war on Trayvon Martin.

I don't believe that for a second. You're seriously going to tell me that he thinks that Zimmerman (a Democrat) killing Trayvon (whether justified or not) is somehow indicitive of Republicans?

You do realize Republicans and Democrats have absolutely nothing to do with Trayvan's death, right?

Salt is simply reacting like any other African American, who hates all white people, would.

That may be so, but if that is the case he needs to repent and learn to love his "enemy" as himself

Cleaver is a prominent Democrat? Why? Because FOX told you he is?

There's many more prominent Republicans that don't believe Rep. Cleaver, and have been kicking their party in the butt.

He is Chairman of the Congressional black Caucus. If he hadn't supported Clinton in 2008 he would probably be vice king of the world.

Meanwhile Fox News was waging a war on women. First Roger Ailes and now Bill O'Reilly.

Forum List

Back