Prominent Democrat says GOP not waging 'war on women'

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Suck on THAT, Democrats :p

Prominent Democrat Says GOP Not Waging 'war On Women' | Fox News

The chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus said Sunday that "it's wrong" for Democrats to accuse Republicans of waging a "war on women."

"Yes, that is wrong. And I've never said it, not one time," Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., said, speaking on CNN's "State of the Union."

Cleaver made the statement when asked directly about Democratic claims that recent GOP legislation on abortion and other issues is tantamount to a campaign against women.

"I condemn it. If it's a Democrat, if it's my cousin, it's wrong," Cleaver said. "And I think we need to stop that. It is damaging the body politic and it's further separating the people in this country."

The chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus said Sunday that "it's wrong" for Democrats to accuse Republicans of waging a "war on women."

"Yes, that is wrong. And I've never said it, not one time," Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., said, speaking on CNN's "State of the Union."

Cleaver made the statement when asked directly about Democratic claims that recent GOP legislation on abortion and other issues is tantamount to a campaign against women.

"I condemn it. If it's a Democrat, if it's my cousin, it's wrong," Cleaver said. "And I think we need to stop that. It is damaging the body politic and it's further separating the people in this country."

I’m inclined to agree – an accurate assessment indicates republicans jeopardize the civil liberties of all Americans, not only women, in their efforts to destroy the right to privacy, violate the equal protection rights of homosexuals, and ignore the due process rights of all persons in the United States.

Good to know some politicians still think for themselves instead of following the rest of the herd. I think the backlash this guy will receive from other Democrats is going to be a cake walk compared to the backlash the Dems will get from people fed up with these bullshit games. They must think the public is a bunch of idiots willing to believe anything politicians tell them. Granted, there are some useful idiots out there who will react the way they want, but not the majority.

I’m inclined to agree – an accurate assessment indicates republicans jeopardize the civil liberties of all Americans, not only women, in their efforts to destroy the right to privacy, violate the equal protection rights of homosexuals, and ignore the due process rights of all persons in the United States.

:clap2:

Suck on THAT, Democrats :p

Prominent Democrat Says GOP Not Waging 'war On Women' | Fox News

He is obviously deluded, and a racist, for contradicting Obama.

Talk about missing the point.

But he feels the right has a war on Trayvon Martin.

I don't believe that for a second. You're seriously going to tell me that he thinks that Zimmerman (a Democrat) killing Trayvon (whether justified or not) is somehow indicitive of Republicans?

You do realize Republicans and Democrats have absolutely nothing to do with Trayvan's death, right?

Talk about missing the point.

Unfortunately, for progressives to have any shot of winning, they have to be dishonest and lie, even to themselves.

But then they really think upholding the Constitution does that.

But he feels the right has a war on Trayvon Martin.

I don't believe that for a second. You're seriously going to tell me that he thinks that Zimmerman (a Democrat) killing Trayvon (whether justified or not) is somehow indicitive of Republicans?

You do realize Republicans and Democrats have absolutely nothing to do with Trayvan's death, right?

Salt is simply reacting like any other African American, who hates all white people, would.

You know I think there was a war about this some 150 years ago. While I agree slavery was a huge issue that needed to be abandoned, I hope you were also taught in History Class that the war between the states was spearheaded by a group that wanted the Federal government to tell people what they could and couldn't do.

Here we are again, 150 years later still growing government with lies from left and right about women's health issues and civil rights.

Our Divider-in-Chief is successfully tearing the American Citizens apart with lies and rhetoric that his "organized community" are following blindly.

There is no war on women, period. Birth control is available, it will continue to be available but the Government cannot and should not force a religious institution to do something that goes against it's core values.

Walking a fine line between separation of Church and State demanding Catholics provide birth control for it's private institution. Why are some OK with that? How can you seriously think the Feds have the right to tell religions what to do??

You're being led to slaughter and you don't even know it. The more power you give government, the less freedom you have. That's exactly what's happening, you're being told this is about women's rights when in fact it's government trouncing religion.

If only a prominent person on the right could have the guts to admit there's no war on religion.

Who said there was a war on religion?? As far as I can tell the MSM hasn't brought that to anyone's attention. It's doesn't fit in with their agenda.

Fluke's plea was for the Federal Government to tell a religious institution what it has to do, do you think they should??

Why the heck can't she just go to a school that's not religious based and get her free da*n birth control from that school.

Funny thing is birth control is free over at the county health dept. But no---------the Divider-in-Chief wants us to think they are "waging war" on women!

The sense some have there is a war on women is not just about Fluke controversy, as some purport. It has to do with the unprecedented number of provisions in the last few years to remove women's right to reproductive freedom.

gpr150114-f3.gif

Troubling Trend: More States Hostile to Abortion Rights as Middle Ground Shrinks

Your shit for brains president just signed NDAA, so shut the fuck up you lying bastard. You are who the rep speaks about dumbass.

Odd you only care about equal rights up until you get to look in a wallet. Then your envious greed kicks in.

Forum List

Back