Prometheus = God of Stinky Hollwood Crappola

Whew... glad I read this thread... almost took my wife to see this tonight.

Think we will see Avengers instead.

I hate going to the theatre so it had better be a good movie :eusa_eh:

It does have the virtue of declaring the "Alien vs. Predator" movies as non-Canonical!

Oh gosh..that was just sad.

Worse even that Lance Henricksen lent his talents to such an awful project. I actually liked all 4 Alien films..it gave young directors a shot at the big time. Most of them did it well..even Jeunet's take was interesting..if uneven.

But the fact that Scott was picking it up again..sounded great.

I still might see the film.

I spent over $200.00 to see Roger Waters at Wrigley last week, so I'm kind of tapped out on movies.

Meh, no Gilmore, no Pink Floyd.

First, learn the difference between "you're" and "your". It's like third grade English.

Second, I ask the question, is this really how your brain works, where you see the main character as being "Obama", and the villians as metaphors for people you like?

Because, frankly, this is a prequel to the alien movies, where "The Company" was always the bad guy. Not sure what you are seeing here.

Has your obsession with Obama really so poisoned your mind that you can't even enjoy any simple escapism, which is the point of a movie?

Yep..

The classic military-industrial complex was set as the enemy from the start.

Ian Holm's, Ash, the cyborg is a company plant..and admits that the crew was expendable in the pursuit of obtaining the Alien for the military.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZxKGxNmWz4]Ash burns! Alien Re-edited - YouTube[/ame]

NOt a big fan of corporatism, but this plot line never made any sense. If you are going to send people out to catch the alien, you actually send them out to catch the alien and tell them what they are up against. You don't send out a loose cannon like Ripley. And then when you are doing the second try, you send her again?

Leave her at home the second time!

In the first one, no one knew what the situation was. The Company had known about the warning, but they didn't know exactly what the warning was about. They sent Ash with general instructions and yes the crew was expendable if necessary.

In the 2nd, the ship and the evidence and info was destroyed from the first, Ripley's report to them 60 years later was all that the company had to go on. Again, they had instructions given to Burke and they sent some marines with them. Ripley was there to brief them and let them know what they were up against. The company didn't really believe Ripley's story 100% so they felt that a small group of marines was all that would be necessary.

I'm not an enemy or corporations but I can see a corporation, or a government, doing this.

Yep..

The classic military-industrial complex was set as the enemy from the start.

Ian Holm's, Ash, the cyborg is a company plant..and admits that the crew was expendable in the pursuit of obtaining the Alien for the military.

Ash burns! Alien Re-edited - YouTube

NOt a big fan of corporatism, but this plot line never made any sense. If you are going to send people out to catch the alien, you actually send them out to catch the alien and tell them what they are up against. You don't send out a loose cannon like Ripley. And then when you are doing the second try, you send her again?

Leave her at home the second time!

In the first one, no one knew what the situation was. The Company had known about the warning, but they didn't know exactly what the warning was about. They sent Ash with general instructions and yes the crew was expendable if necessary.

In the 2nd, the ship and the evidence and info was destroyed from the first, Ripley's report to them 60 years later was all that the company had to go on. Again, they had instructions given to Burke and they sent some marines with them. Ripley was there to brief them and let them know what they were up against. The company didn't really believe Ripley's story 100% so they felt that a small group of marines was all that would be necessary.

I'm not an enemy or corporations but I can see a corporation, or a government, doing this.

In both cases..once the corporation knew about the Alien..they wanted it.

I saw this film Samson.

Dunno what you are talking about..it was great..fits right into the Alien "universe" very nicely.

If you are a fan of the series, you should see it. If not, well then don't.

Oh I will watch it on redbox or something... my wife hates scary movies anyways.

I do love the Alien movies though.. loved the Alien vs "__" comic books too.

Im a nerd :eusa_shhh:

If you are a fan of the series, you should see it. If not, well then don't.

Oh I will watch it on redbox or something... my wife hates scary movies anyways.

I do love the Alien movies though.. loved the Alien vs "__" comic books too.

Im a nerd :eusa_shhh:

Cool. Hope you didn't read the spoilers here.

Well, I saw it in 3-D today.

I didn't think it was that bad. There were some serious flaws in the logic. (Like when the Scientist babe gets the alien removed from her, why doesn't she let everyone else know it is there and kill it? )

I think it's the problem with prequels. this is a prequel to Alien, and whatever you imagined in your own head is much cooler than what they did.

Forum List

Back