Prometheus = God of Stinky Hollwood Crappola

Yeah, the critics have been ripping this movie a new chest cavity. So much potential, only to turn out to be an astronomical letdown.

Every movie review I have read goes something like this, "This movie's script has enough plot holes to drive an intergalactic spaceship through, and the characters are as stupid as a bag of hammers, but see it anyway for the visual beauty of it."

That pisses me off, but should not surprise me any more, I guess. Movies have become so utterly dependent on special effects and technology that an actual story is seen as an inconvenience.

This is what passes for creativy in Hollywood these days: "It's been two minutes since the last craptacular explosion. That's way too long."

I think you make valid criticisms of a lot of movies, but I'm going to withhold judgement on Prometheus until I see it.

For what it's worth, Rottentomatoes.com gave it a 74% positive rating, so most critics liked it.

Kinda torn of this one..I think Ridely Scott is a great director.

But not seeing a lot of love for this film.

I was happy when I read a few years back he was doing a prequel to Alien..but as I read reviews that seemed to have gotten lost in the translation.

Warning: I'm about to save you the trouble

Apart from the fact that a squid saves the heroine, the movie SUCKS.

Typical Hollywood: Evil Old White Capitalist, his blond, blue-eyed robot, and his blonde, blue-eyed daughter played by Charliz Theron (who doesn't have a nude scene) try to destroy the world.

They are foiled by a woman who gives herself an abortion.

The black Captain of the Earth Ship destroys the Alien Ship which is flown by a Giant White Skinhead. Sadly Obama (opps...sorry) dies in a Huge Explosion whilst standing between his remaining, loyal crew, an Asian and a Hispanic.

Enough said.

So essentially, you can't even enjoy a movie without injecting your politics and hatred of Obama into it?

That's kind of sad, actually.

You're weepy response made me feel better.

First, learn the difference between "you're" and "your". It's like third grade English.

Second, I ask the question, is this really how your brain works, where you see the main character as being "Obama", and the villians as metaphors for people you like?

Because, frankly, this is a prequel to the alien movies, where "The Company" was always the bad guy. Not sure what you are seeing here.

Has your obsession with Obama really so poisoned your mind that you can't even enjoy any simple escapism, which is the point of a movie?

I'm usually pretty easy to please when it comes to movies, especially sci fi but this movie was flat out boring.

It was not visually interesting and the characters were one dimensional. I didn't care if any of them lived in the end.

Yeah, the critics have been ripping this movie a new chest cavity. So much potential, only to turn out to be an astronomical letdown.

Every movie review I have read goes something like this, "This movie's script has enough plot holes to drive an intergalactic spaceship through, and the characters are as stupid as a bag of hammers, but see it anyway for the visual beauty of it."

That pisses me off, but should not surprise me any more, I guess. Movies have become so utterly dependent on special effects and technology that an actual story is seen as an inconvenience.

This is what passes for creativy in Hollywood these days: "It's been two minutes since the last craptacular explosion. That's way too long."

I think you make valid criticisms of a lot of movies, but I'm going to withhold judgement on Prometheus until I see it.

For what it's worth, Rottentomatoes.com gave it a 74% positive rating, so most critics liked it.

I was happy when I read a few years back he was doing a prequel to Alien..but as I read reviews that seemed to have gotten lost in the translation.

It does have the virtue of declaring the "Alien vs. Predator" movies as non-Canonical!

It does have the virtue of declaring the "Alien vs. Predator" movies as non-Canonical!

Oh gosh..that was just sad.

Worse even that Lance Henricksen lent his talents to such an awful project. I actually liked all 4 Alien films..it gave young directors a shot at the big time. Most of them did it well..even Jeunet's take was interesting..if uneven.

But the fact that Scott was picking it up again..sounded great.

I still might see the film.

So essentially, you can't even enjoy a movie without injecting your politics and hatred of Obama into it?

That's kind of sad, actually.

First, learn the difference between "you're" and "your". It's like third grade English.

Second, I ask the question, is this really how your brain works, where you see the main character as being "Obama", and the villians as metaphors for people you like?

Because, frankly, this is a prequel to the alien movies, where "The Company" was always the bad guy. Not sure what you are seeing here.

Has your obsession with Obama really so poisoned your mind that you can't even enjoy any simple escapism, which is the point of a movie?

Yep..

The classic military-industrial complex was set as the enemy from the start.

Ian Holm's, Ash, the cyborg is a company plant..and admits that the crew was expendable in the pursuit of obtaining the Alien for the military.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZxKGxNmWz4]Ash burns! Alien Re-edited - YouTube[/ame]

Worse even that Lance Henricksen lent his talents to such an awful project. I actually liked all 4 Alien films..it gave young directors a shot at the big time. Most of them did it well..even Jeunet's take was interesting..if uneven.

I spent over $200.00 to see Roger Waters at Wrigley last week, so I'm kind of tapped out on movies.

I spent over $200.00 to see Roger Waters at Wrigley last week, so I'm kind of tapped out on movies.

How was that?

Yep..

Ian Holm's, Ash, the cyborg is a company plant..and admits that the crew was expendable in the pursuit of obtaining the Alien for the military.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZxKGxNmWz4]Ash burns! Alien Re-edited - YouTube[/ame]

NOt a big fan of corporatism, but this plot line never made any sense. If you are going to send people out to catch the alien, you actually send them out to catch the alien and tell them what they are up against. You don't send out a loose cannon like Ripley. And then when you are doing the second try, you send her again?

Leave her at home the second time!

How was that?

COmpletely awesome... I started a thread on it.

Yep..

NOt a big fan of corporatism, but this plot line never made any sense. If you are going to send people out to catch the alien, you actually send them out to catch the alien and tell them what they are up against. You don't send out a loose cannon like Ripley. And then when you are doing the second try, you send her again?

That's from the first film.

The second film she was sent out..because she understood the biology of the Alien. It was a thin plot device..but heck..how would you get her into the second film?

:razz:

Yep..

Ash burns! Alien Re-edited - YouTube

That's from the first film.

The second film she was sent out..because she understood the biology of the Alien. It was a thin plot device..but heck..how would you get her into the second film?

:razz:

I'd like to see Wynona Rider show up again: Surely, they could produce another android brounette spinner....:eusa_drool:

yep... "Prometheus" was a mess...

you know the movie's in trouble when you realize, mid-way through, that you've stopped caring whether the good guys live or die...

I'm a conservative, I saw the movie, I loved it.

Warning: I'm about to save you the trouble

Apart from the fact that a squid saves the heroine, the movie SUCKS.

Your opinion, I think is was well done.

Typical Hollywood: Evil Old White Capitalist, his blond, blue-eyed robot, and his blonde, blue-eyed daughter played by Charliz Theron (who doesn't have a nude scene) try to destroy the world.

Never even noticed. I think you are making too much of this.

They are foiled by a woman who gives herself an abortion.

Not really. She wasn't prgnant. She had an alien inside her. Have you seen the previous Alien movies at all?

The black Captain of the Earth Ship destroys the Alien Ship which is flown by a Giant White Skinhead.

He wasn't exactly a skinhead, he was an alien from another world. He has no hair at all. Have you ever seen an alien depicted in a movie that actually had hair?

Sadly Obama (opps...sorry) dies in a Huge Explosion whilst standing between his remaining, loyal crew, an Asian and a Hispanic.

Neither of them were the hero of the movie.

Enough said.

Yeah, too much said.

Not enough said:

THE ENDING SPOILER:

The ALIEN, you know the one from the movie, THE ALIEN, pops from the abdomin of the dead Giant White Skinhead?

WTF????:cuckoo:

Makes perfect sense.

SPOILER

The alien that we know and love, came from an attempt by the "skinheads" to eliminate the human race. As fans of the movie series know, when an alien is hosted, it borrows from the DNA of the host. Remember the dog from the third alien?

It all ties together very well. The worms in Prometheus, and the squid are precursers to the face huggers. The only time in Prometyheus that we see the end result of the gestation is with the "skinhead" at the end.

The alien that we are familiar with is a result of that incubation at the end of this movie. It has some of the DNA of the "skinhead".

Not enough said:

THE ENDING SPOILER:

The ALIEN, you know the one from the movie, THE ALIEN, pops from the abdomin of the dead Giant White Skinhead?

I haven't seen Prometheus yet, but that sounds like exactly what should happen based on the first Alien....maybe when I see it I'll understand what you are bitching about. :)

Yes, it ties in nicely.

Not enough said:

THE ENDING SPOILER:

The film started out being a "prequel" to Alien.

I've read several reviews..none were to good. Apparently it morphed into something else.

It's a pretty good prequel, imo.

Are there plot holes? Perhaps, but it didn't ruin it for me.

This Conservative Obama-hater thought it was well done actually.

If you are a fan of the series, you will be able to recognise whow this fits together. I am, and it does.

I didn't care much for the 4th one, but if you like the series definately go see it.

Forum List

Back