Prometheus = God of Stinky Hollwood Crappola

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
Warning: I'm about to save you the trouble

Apart from the fact that a squid saves the heroine, the movie SUCKS.

Typical Hollywood: Evil Old White Capitalist, his blond, blue-eyed robot, and his blonde, blue-eyed daughter played by Charliz Theron (who doesn't have a nude scene) try to destroy the world.

They are foiled by a woman who gives herself an abortion.

The black Captain of the Earth Ship destroys the Alien Ship which is flown by a Giant White Skinhead. Sadly Obama (opps...sorry) dies in a Huge Explosion whilst standing between his remaining, loyal crew, an Asian and a Hispanic.

Enough said.

Not enough said:

THE ENDING SPOILER:

The ALIEN, you know the one from the movie, THE ALIEN, pops from the abdomin of the dead Giant White Skinhead?

WTF????:cuckoo:

Not enough said:

THE ENDING SPOILER:

The ALIEN, you know the one from the movie, THE ALIEN, pops from the abdomin of the dead Giant White Skinhead?

I haven't seen Prometheus yet, but that sounds like exactly what should happen based on the first Alien....maybe when I see it I'll understand what you are bitching about. :)

Not enough said:

THE ENDING SPOILER:

I haven't seen Prometheus yet, but that sounds like exactly what should happen based on the first Alien....maybe when I see it I'll understand what you are bitching about. :)

Wait for the DVD rental.

I expect it will be out next week.

Yeah, the critics have been ripping this movie a new chest cavity. So much potential, only to turn out to be an astronomical letdown.

Every movie review I have read goes something like this, "This movie's script has enough plot holes to drive an intergalactic spaceship through, and the characters are as stupid as a bag of hammers, but see it anyway for the visual beauty of it."

That pisses me off, but should not surprise me any more, I guess. Movies have become so utterly dependent on special effects and technology that an actual story is seen as an inconvenience.

This is what passes for creativy in Hollywood these days: "It's been two minutes since the last craptacular explosion. That's way too long."

Yeah, the plot holes are what got me...very underwhelmed. Went with a friend, and his first words when it finished were "what a joke/load of shit"...

SFX were good. The most disappointing thing about it was there were a couple of directions it could have gone it, but failed to do so...

Maybe there will be a director's cut to explain it....

Yeah, the plot holes are what got me...very underwhelmed. Went with a friend, and his first words when it finished were "what a joke/load of shit"...

SFX were good. The most disappointing thing about it was there were a couple of directions it could have gone it, but failed to do so...

Indeed, the the number of "good directions it could have gone," only add to the tragedy.

Not enough said:

THE ENDING SPOILER:

The film started out being a "prequel" to Alien.

I've read several reviews..none were to good. Apparently it morphed into something else.

Not that you would follow anything more complex than a Pokemon cartoon anyway, Gump.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU0q45c2BSc]Presidential Candidate Herman Cain quotes pokemon - YouTube[/ame]

:dunno:

Typical Hollywood: Evil Old White Capitalist, his blond, blue-eyed robot, and his blonde, blue-eyed daughter played by Charliz Theron (who doesn't have a nude scene) try to destroy the world.

The black Captain of the Earth Ship destroys the Alien Ship which is flown by a Giant White Skinhead. Sadly Obama (opps...sorry) dies in a Huge Explosion whilst standing between his remaining, loyal crew, an Asian and a Hispanic.

Enough said.

So essentially, you can't even enjoy a movie without injecting your politics and hatred of Obama into it?

That's kind of sad, actually.

Yeah, the critics have been ripping this movie a new chest cavity. So much potential, only to turn out to be an astronomical letdown.

Every movie review I have read goes something like this, "This movie's script has enough plot holes to drive an intergalactic spaceship through, and the characters are as stupid as a bag of hammers, but see it anyway for the visual beauty of it."

That pisses me off, but should not surprise me any more, I guess. Movies have become so utterly dependent on special effects and technology that an actual story is seen as an inconvenience.

This is what passes for creativy in Hollywood these days: "It's been two minutes since the last craptacular explosion. That's way too long."

I think you make valid criticisms of a lot of movies, but I'm going to withhold judgement on Prometheus until I see it.

For what it's worth, Rottentomatoes.com gave it a 74% positive rating, so most critics liked it.

Enough said.

So essentially, you can't even enjoy a movie without injecting your politics and hatred of Obama into it?

That's kind of sad, actually.

You're weepy response made me feel better.

Forum List

Back