Progressives continue to weaponize government

Not sure Walmart and Amazon are apples to apples either. A Walmart can put many local small businesses out of business by undercutting prices while amazon doesn’t have the same impact on the surround area as it sells to an online market.
That makes it exponentially more likely to put small local businesses out of business. Who wants to go out when you’ve the convenience of ordering from your phone while laying in bed? There is no “online market”. It’s all one market.
True but whether Amazon is located in NY or North Dakota it doesn’t make a difference for the local market except for the fact that it brings jobs. If America voted against allowing amazon to function in the US then they could do that. It will never happen as long as we hold our capitalistic principles, but that’s how our system works. Cities and States are a big part of the great experiment

You'd have to ask Bill but it probably has something to do with AMZN paying their employees a minimum of $15 per hour while Wal Mart does not; it probably has something to do with the NY State health department (like all state health departments) having to subsidize Wal Mart employees health care needs since they are paid so little they qualify for public assistance. It probably has something to do with the often repeated phenomenon of Wal Mart first rubbing out smaller competitors in neighborhoods and small towns only to abandon those towns and neighborhoods later on.

But you'd have to ask Bill.
Walmart sucks. A scam. Walton's huge conservative assholes have more money than the bottom 50% LOL. Good job. New York is so prosperous they don't need any help.

You'd have to ask Bill but it probably has something to do with AMZN paying their employees a minimum of $15 per hour while Wal Mart does not; it probably has something to do with the NY State health department (like all state health departments) having to subsidize Wal Mart employees health care needs since they are paid so little they qualify for public assistance. It probably has something to do with the often repeated phenomenon of Wal Mart first rubbing out smaller competitors in neighborhoods and small towns only to abandon those towns and neighborhoods later on.

Walmart sucks. A scam. Walton's huge conservative assholes have more money than the bottom 50% LOL. Good job. New York is so prosperous they don't need any help.

I'll shop there just to piss you off boi.

I always shop there it's the only place around here now in 73% Trump country....

I always shop there it's the only place around here now in 73% Trump country....
Cheap prices by screwing their workers and everybody else they get a chance to....

Wal*Mart is doing it legally. Ethically?

A disgrace like many companies with the same business model of paying the minimum wage which the GOP keeps low.with unions and the greatest generation basically gone, we need the government to regulate business ethically. Australia has a $19 minimum wage LOL. Where are we going wrong?

I grew up in a city that did and still does not allow fast food, billboards, or strip clubs in the city limits... isn’t that their right?
That was pretty much standard fare in the 50's, they were called community standards, but the 60's taught us that was cloaked racist language designed to keep out folks they did not want in their neighborhoods.

Cheap prices by screwing their workers and everybody else they get a chance to....

BS

A disgrace like many companies with the same business model of paying the minimum wage which the GOP keeps low.with unions and the greatest generation basically gone, we need the government to regulate business ethically. Australia has a $19 minimum wage LOL. Where are we going wrong?

Move

Move
A-you can't move to another country unless you are a millionaire a doctor or married to a citizen. B--I'm already in New York and they don't allow your GOP screw everyone but the rich total crap, brainwashed functional moron.

BS
of course as a GOP dupe and ignoramus you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yet another reason that rational people are small government, constitutional conservatives. When the left gets in government, they exploit the powers of office and then they weaponize government to expand their power and wealth.
“Walmart does not belong in New York City,” de Blasio declares, while defending the city’s generous tax breaks for Amazon.
Why would Bill de Blasio declare that any business doesn't belong in New York City? Why would he brag about turning away jobs and tax revenue for the city he is supposed to serve?

NYC Rolls Out the Red Carpet for Amazon, but Bans Walmart
As a conservative don’t you think a city has the right to decide what kind of businesses they license to operate in their borders?
I grew up in a city that did and still does not allow fast food, billboards, or strip clubs in the city limits... isn’t that their right?
so a city can determine what kinds of businesses they want in their town but a business owner cannot determine who they sell to.

we're getting really jacked up here in some strange effort to make 100% of the world happy.

As a conservative don’t you think a city has the right to decide what kind of businesses they license to operate in their borders?
And if that city allowed fast food, billboards, and strip clubs within city limits so long as they were run by devout conservatives who promised to line the pockets of your city councilmen - would you be ok with that?

You’ve desperately trying to compare apples and oranges here. If Bill de Blasio and the New York city council decided that no businesses were welcome in New York, then that would be one thing. But to give sweetheart tax deals to Amazon while blocking Walmart is an egregious abuse of power. It’s weaponizing government to ensure winners and losers in what is supposed to be the free market.
That may be a valid argument, there is a ton of corruption in our government so it should be rooted out went it fails to represent the will of the people. Not sure Walmart and Amazon are apples to apples either. A Walmart can put many local small businesses out of business by undercutting prices while amazon doesn’t have the same impact on the surround area as it sells to an online market.
but why should i go to walmart and spend $ when i can just as easily order it on amazon and it gets brought to me?

shopping styles have morphed quite a bit. i don't even go into the grocery store anymore, i order what i want online, pull up to the side of walmart and they put it in my trunk and i leave.

business change as markets dictate or they go under. to have the gov try to control that to me is strange. for any city to say "no" to any legitimate business, i have to wonder why.

Yet another reason that rational people are small government, constitutional conservatives. When the left gets in government, they exploit the powers of office and then they weaponize government to expand their power and wealth.
“Walmart does not belong in New York City,” de Blasio declares, while defending the city’s generous tax breaks for Amazon.
Why would Bill de Blasio declare that any business doesn't belong in New York City? Why would he brag about turning away jobs and tax revenue for the city he is supposed to serve?

NYC Rolls Out the Red Carpet for Amazon, but Bans Walmart
so a city can determine what kinds of businesses they want in their town but a business owner cannot determine who they sell to.

we're getting really jacked up here in some strange effort to make 100% of the world happy.
You are right there is a grey area there but I think the line is drawn at racial targeting and discrimination.

And if that city allowed fast food, billboards, and strip clubs within city limits so long as they were run by devout conservatives who promised to line the pockets of your city councilmen - would you be ok with that?

You’ve desperately trying to compare apples and oranges here. If Bill de Blasio and the New York city council decided that no businesses were welcome in New York, then that would be one thing. But to give sweetheart tax deals to Amazon while blocking Walmart is an egregious abuse of power. It’s weaponizing government to ensure winners and losers in what is supposed to be the free market.
That may be a valid argument, there is a ton of corruption in our government so it should be rooted out went it fails to represent the will of the people. Not sure Walmart and Amazon are apples to apples either. A Walmart can put many local small businesses out of business by undercutting prices while amazon doesn’t have the same impact on the surround area as it sells to an online market.
but why should i go to walmart and spend $ when i can just as easily order it on amazon and it gets brought to me?

shopping styles have morphed quite a bit. i don't even go into the grocery store anymore, i order what i want online, pull up to the side of walmart and they put it in my trunk and i leave.

business change as markets dictate or they go under. to have the gov try to control that to me is strange. for any city to say "no" to any legitimate business, i have to wonder why.
All that you say is true. I’ve lived in many cities but grew up in a small country town. Small towns operate differently. Family businesses, mom and pop shops, relationship driven etc. many communities value this and want to preserve it. A Walmart or strip mall could wipe out many small businesses so I understand why some communities have a tighter hold than others

All that you say is true. I’ve lived in many cities but grew up in a small country town. Small towns operate differently. Family businesses, mom and pop shops, relationship driven etc. many communities value this and want to preserve it. A Walmart or strip mall could wipe out many small businesses so I understand why some communities have a tighter hold than others
same. in the 8th to 9th grade i was in avery texas. high school paris, tx. college, clinton/weatherford ok.

dallas now.

NYC would not really qualify as having to worry about small businesses so the dude to me is just lip flappin.

Forum List

Back