Progressive Muslims Launch Gay-Friendly, Women-Led Mosques

That part doesn't make sense, as liberalism gave birth to Atheism.

On a board with Truth Matters, Decepticon and Pale Warrior, it's amazing that you've managed to say the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.
Do you actually know what liberalism is, or was your brain lobotomized as a child? You realize that there are huge differences between American liberalism, and that arguing all liberalism is the same, is like equating all capitalists with corporatism. :cuckoo:

iberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and the free exercise of religion.[3][4][5][6][7]
Liberalism first became a powerful force in the Age of Enlightenment, rejecting several foundational assumptions that dominated most earlier theories of government, such as nobility, established religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings. The early liberal thinker John Locke, who is often credited for the creation of liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition, employed the concept of natural rights and the social contract to argue that the rule of law should replace absolutism in government, that rulers were subject to the consent of the governed, and that private individuals had a fundamental right to life, liberty, and property.
The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule. The nineteenth century saw liberal governments established in nations across Europe, Latin America, and North America. Liberal ideas spread even further in the twentieth century, when liberal democracies triumphed in two world wars and survived major ideological challenges from fascism and communism. Today, liberalism in its many forms remains as a political force to varying degrees of power and influence on all major continents.
A twenty-first century development is an emerging new liberalism that is centred on the concept of timeless freedom (ensuring the freedom of future generations through proactive action taken today).[8] This is an idea that has been endorsed by the President of Liberal International Hans van Baalen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

I am sorry, but some of us on this board don't view liberalism as solely the modern variety, but instead as a political, social and economic movement that spans many centuries. You make me sick.
:puke:

I am not even going to respond to you, any further, I hope you are not representative of America. Some of the people on this board also, know little about American liberalism as they have NOT BEEN BORN IN AMERICA or LIVED IN AMERICA FOR VERY LONG. When was the term 'liberalism' changed to 'Democrat'? :cuckoo:

What does any of that have to do with the idea that liberalism spawned atheism? Do you think that before the existence of liberalism, every single human being believed in some sort of god(s)?

(SARCASM)

So the spirit of America is now undermining Islam!

The Great Satan(American individualism) has turned another religion inside out by allowing women to lead and accepting Homosexuals!

I am sure God will not stand for it! When will the liberalization of religion cease?

We have Liberalized Jews!
Liberalized Christians
And now, Liberalized Muslims???!?!??!

What is next? Liberalized Atheists? Liberalized Buddhists? Liberalized Global Warming Experts? Liberalized Non-religious affiliated Mystics?

Liberalization must stop! If not, then soon Women and Homosexuals will have the right to perform marriages! Sacrilege, I say! Sacrilege!
That part doesn't make sense, as liberalism gave birth to Atheism.

Liberal, Missouri was not the birthplace of atheism, idiot.

Forum List

Back