Progessives Rationalizing Infanticide

I didn't read this one, but I read the one in the thread I started. Appears to be basically the same.

Immie

huh, aren't we talking about the same thing?

i tried to read it, when you posted about it. it was not available then, only the abstract.

now the full text can be read.

After-birth abortion: why should the baby live? -- Giubilini and Minerva -- Journal of Medical Ethics

No, I don't think they are. I mean much of the same information is presented, but not exact. I didn't compare the two, so it is possible. I made sure this was the same "ethicists" and I use that lightly and then came back to the thread.

Immie

i checked it, this is the exact same publication we are talking about.

when you posted your thread, it was behind a subscription wall.

now it can be read by everyone. which is good, because the presentation by "the blaze" was not helpful at all.

Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say

The article, published in the Journal of Medical Ethics, says newborn babies are not “actual persons” and do not have a “moral right to life”. The academics also argue that parents should be able to have their baby killed if it turns out to be disabled when it is born.

They also argued that parents should be able to have the baby killed if it turned out to be disabled without their knowing before birth, for example citing that “only the 64 per cent of Down’s syndrome cases” in Europe are diagnosed by prenatal testing.
Once such children were born there was “no choice for the parents but to keep the child”, they wrote.
“To bring up such children might be an unbearable burden on the family and on society as a whole, when the state economically provides for their care.”

This article is disturbing on many levels, it seems to go along with the progressive eugenics movement that Hitler embraced

Before they are actually born, they are a fetus.

What I don't understand is why Republicans care about the fetus and not about the baby.

The article, published in the Journal of Medical Ethics, says newborn babies are not “actual persons” and do not have a “moral right to life”. The academics also argue that parents should be able to have their baby killed if it turns out to be disabled when it is born.

They also argued that parents should be able to have the baby killed if it turned out to be disabled without their knowing before birth, for example citing that “only the 64 per cent of Down’s syndrome cases” in Europe are diagnosed by prenatal testing.
Once such children were born there was “no choice for the parents but to keep the child”, they wrote.
“To bring up such children might be an unbearable burden on the family and on society as a whole, when the state economically provides for their care.”

This article is disturbing on many levels, it seems to go along with the progressive eugenics movement that Hitler embraced

What I don't understand is why Republicans care about the fetus and not about the baby.

that is probably not a good topic for your stick, rdean.

read the article, and tell me what you think.

huh, aren't we talking about the same thing?

i tried to read it, when you posted about it. it was not available then, only the abstract.

now the full text can be read.

After-birth abortion: why should the baby live? -- Giubilini and Minerva -- Journal of Medical Ethics

No, I don't think they are. I mean much of the same information is presented, but not exact. I didn't compare the two, so it is possible. I made sure this was the same "ethicists" and I use that lightly and then came back to the thread.

Immie

now it can be read by everyone. which is good, because the presentation by "the blaze" was not helpful at all.

Strange because I don't have a subscription to "the blaze" and I got in from a link from one of the rightwinger's on this site. I don't remember who it was. It was one of those who are over the top in their, well, I'll call it dislike of liberals. I followed their link and after reading the story they discussed I went to the home page and saw that headline.

Well, you probably know I am not a big fan of abortion so I just had to read the article. I won't mention some of the names I thought of about these two ethicists while I was reading it.

Immie

Immie

Strange because I don't have a subscription to "the blaze" and I got in from a link from one of the rightwinger's on this site. I don't remember who it was. It was one of those who are over the top in their, well, I'll call it dislike of liberals. I followed their link and after reading the story they discussed I went to the home page and saw that headline.

Well, you probably know I am not a big fan of abortion so I just had to read the article. I won't mention some of the names I thought of about these two ethicists while I was reading it.

Immie

are you winding me up?

Immie

are you winding me up?

What does that mean?

Immie

I was removed EARLY at birth. Glad my mother didn't THINK I wasn't a PERSON, she risked her life to have me.

Immie

are you winding me up?

What does that mean?

Immie

that i am not sure if you are messing with me.

you posted a thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...-step-for-planned-parenthood.html#post4879489

linking to the blaze it now has an update

the link still goes to the abstract, but you can now get the full text, and the pdf, and the Editors Defend Decision to Publish in Face of Storm of Opposition -- -- Journal of Medical Ethics

are you winding me up?

What does that mean?

Immie

you posted a thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...-step-for-planned-parenthood.html#post4879489

the link still goes to the abstract, but you can now get the full text, and the pdf, and the Editors Defend Decision to Publish in Face of Storm of Opposition -- -- Journal of Medical Ethics

No, I was not "winding you up". I was mentioning that I had gotten in without a subscription. Unless I had signed up a long time ago and it follows a person's email to a new computer which doesn't make sense.

Somehow I got in and you didn't. I guess they just like me better than you... and yes, I am winding you up with that comment. :D

Immie

What does that mean?

Immie

No, I was not "winding you up". I was mentioning that I had gotten in without a subscription. Unless I had signed up a long time ago and it follows a person's email to a new computer which doesn't make sense.

Somehow I got in and you didn't. I guess they just like me better than you... and yes, I am winding you up with that comment. :D

Immie

i got that, but you still do NOT get that pubmed has scientific publications with or without a subscription wall.

the blaze does not have a subscription wall.

if you are reading the updates i linked to you will see that they opened the wall because of hate mail sent because of the "the blaze" "info".

i should not have to explain this, this is exhausting.

You mean "shtick".

I read the article. Doesn't change my opinion. The right wing only cares about the baby before it's born.

In the words of Andre Baur:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDr4oQ7KyFw]Lt Gov Andre Bauer: Don't Feed the Poor They'll Breed - YouTube[/ame]

You mean "shtick".

I read the article. Doesn't change my opinion. The right wing only cares about the baby before it's born.

In the words of Andre Baur:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDr4oQ7KyFw]Lt Gov Andre Bauer: Don't Feed the Poor They'll Breed - YouTube[/ame]

really, choose your battles.

it is stück. or schtick, or whatever, it is german.

Was there another one? Sorry,

At least two. I started one a couple of days ago and later KG started one.

You deserve to be forced to listen to George Bush speeches for 24 hours followed up by 24 hours of Barack Obama speeches... non stop and should you doze off, the entire process will be started over when you wake up.

Immie

You can't do this, it falls under cruel and unusual punishment!

Was there another one? Sorry,

At least two. I started one a couple of days ago and later KG started one.

You deserve to be forced to listen to George Bush speeches for 24 hours followed up by 24 hours of Barack Obama speeches... non stop and should you doze off, the entire process will be started over when you wake up.

Immie

You can't do this, it falls under cruel and unusual punishment!

So sue, in the meantime you may begin your sentence now. Wake me when you have finished the first 24 hours. You never know you might even be paroled at that point.

Immie

Forum List

Back