Progessives Rationalizing Infanticide

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say

The article, published in the Journal of Medical Ethics, says newborn babies are not “actual persons” and do not have a “moral right to life”. The academics also argue that parents should be able to have their baby killed if it turns out to be disabled when it is born.

They also argued that parents should be able to have the baby killed if it turned out to be disabled without their knowing before birth, for example citing that “only the 64 per cent of Down’s syndrome cases” in Europe are diagnosed by prenatal testing.
Once such children were born there was “no choice for the parents but to keep the child”, they wrote.
“To bring up such children might be an unbearable burden on the family and on society as a whole, when the state economically provides for their care.”

This article is disturbing on many levels, it seems to go along with the progressive eugenics movement that Hitler embraced

Probably because it is monstrous to all but liberals that a culture could want to murder its children or find murdering infants moral and acceptable.

who has read the complete article?
I have L.K.; published by those associated with Oxford. In Great Britain, Labour is more "progressive" than the small remaining "liberal" party by the way, Papa. Still a disturbing debate.

Was there another one? Sorry,

At least two. I started one a couple of days ago and later KG started one.

You deserve to be forced to listen to George Bush speeches for 24 hours followed up by 24 hours of Barack Obama speeches... non stop and should you doze off, the entire process will be started over when you wake up.

Immie

Last edited:
i have read it, and the money shot is this:

Second, we do not claim that after-birth abortions are good alternatives to abortion. Abortions at an early stage are the best option, for both psychological and physical reasons. However, if a disease has not been detected during the pregnancy, if something went wrong during the delivery, or if economical, social or psychological circumstances change such that taking care of the offspring becomes an unbearable burden on someone, then people should be given the chance of not being forced to do something they cannot afford.

i had hope that those "philosophers" were just playing devil's advocate, but they seem to seriously try to make a case for "post birth abortion".

You deserve to be forced to listen to George Bush speeches for 24 hours followed up by 24 hours of Barack Obama speeches... non stop and should you doze off, the entire process will be started over when you wake up.

Immie
That IS cruel Immanuel; I hope this post appear as I intend.

i have read it, and the money shot is this:

Second, we do not claim that after-birth abortions are good alternatives to abortion. Abortions at an early stage are the best option, for both psychological and physical reasons. However, if a disease has not been detected during the pregnancy, if something went wrong during the delivery, or if economical, social or psychological circumstances change such that taking care of the offspring becomes an unbearable burden on someone, then people should be given the chance of not being forced to do something they cannot afford.

i had hope that those "philosophers" were just playing devil's advocate, but they seem to seriously try to make a case for "post birth abortion".
I also read only what was available online. The researchers were not actually ADVOCATING, but it remains disturbing.

Immie

It took a moment to sink in, but now I can't stop laughing.

Immie

who has read the complete article?

I didn't read this one, but I read the one in the thread I started. Appears to be basically the same.

Immie

huh, aren't we talking about the same thing?

i tried to read it, when you posted about it. it was not available then, only the abstract.

now the full text can be read.

After-birth abortion: why should the baby live? -- Giubilini and Minerva -- Journal of Medical Ethics

No, I don't think they are. I mean much of the same information is presented, but not exact. I didn't compare the two, so it is possible. I made sure this was the same "ethicists" and I use that lightly and then came back to the thread.

Immie

Immie

It took a moment to sink in, but now I can't stop laughing.

Immie
You are watching the speeches I gather? ; )

Forum List

Back