Profiles

iagainsti

Jun 10, 2009
I think it would be kinda cool if we had more categories to fill out in our profiles. Not sure if that's even something that can be done, I don't know how the message board software works or anything, but thought it wouldn't hurt to make the suggestion!

For example, gender could be a good one...I've been called "dude" and "bro" a few times now, which is all well and good, but since nobody has their gender displayed anywhere I think a lot of people might have just assumed I'm a dude...and, SURPRISE, I'm a girl. :lol:

Anyway, yeah...just throwin' it out there, feel free to throw it right back!

I think it would be kinda cool if we had more categories to fill out in our profiles. Not sure if that's even something that can be done, I don't know how the message board software works or anything, but thought it wouldn't hurt to make the suggestion!

For example, gender could be a good one...I've been called "dude" and "bro" a few times now, which is all well and good, but since nobody has their gender displayed anywhere I think a lot of people might have just assumed I'm a dude...and, SURPRISE, I'm a girl. :lol:

Not to belittle your suggestion, it's not a bad one, but you can use your "tag line" for that if it helps for the time being.

Post a hot picture. Then you can have the board idiots claim you are really a 60 year old fat nerd living in his mother's basement.

Or adopt an ideological position that John Walsh and Oprah's America thinks would be of interest only to a 60 year old fat nerd living in his mother's basement. That'll do the trick too.

Not to belittle your suggestion, it's not a bad one, but you can use your "tag line" for that if it helps for the time being.

Yeah, I noticed a few girls on this board have used their taglines for that purpose...not a bad idea, but I'm not really THAT concerned with whether or not people know my gender! :lol: just thought more profile information might come in handy for some. Good suggestion though, thanks!

Or adopt an ideological position that John Walsh and Oprah's America thinks would be of interest only to a 60 year old fat nerd living in his mother's basement. That'll do the trick too.

You mean like how the board figured out you are not a young man at all? Worked real well for you now didn't it? And here you are supporting mob opinion.

You mean like how the board figured out you are not a young man at all? Worked real well for you now didn't it? And here you are supporting mob opinion.

Actually, "the board" didn't "figure out" anything of the sort. Several idiots on this board chose to claim that I wasn't (not that there would really be any interest in me claiming that I was if I wasn't), so I responded by posting a scanned and uploaded image of my Certificate of Proficiency (my equivalency degree), that could only be earned while taking a test that one is only eligible for between the ages of 15 to 18. That should have ended matters not there, but some chose to keep running their mouths, even though I'd revealed more about my identity than anyone else ever had.

I responded by posting a scanned and uploaded image of my Certificate of Proficiency (my equivalency degree), that could only be earned while taking a test that one is only eligible for between the ages of 15 to 18. That should have ended matters not there, but some chose to keep running their mouths, even though I'd revealed more about my identity than anyone else ever had.

Wow, that's intense. I hope I don't end up having to scan a copy of my birth certificate or anything to prove I'm not a 60-year-old fat man.

Wow, that's intense. I hope I don't end up having to scan a copy of my birth certificate or anything to prove I'm not a 60-year-old fat man.

You shouldn't have any problems. I was only willing to do it because my identity isn't a great secret on the Internet anyway and it's not difficult to discover much about me. I'm not a "public figure" by any stretch of the examination, but my volunteer nonprofit work requires me to write articles and pieces for various websites and be prepared to give quotations to the print media if we're ever called upon.

You would need to review his ignorant post history to see why people would believe that of him.

Lets just say that after claiming he was 17 he bragged about voting. Ohh and he believes 13 year old's should be able to have sex with anyone they want to.

Lets just say that after claiming he was 17 he bragged about voting.

I registered to vote when I was 15, and mentioned it here more than a year later, when I was 16, not 17. People of course thought it a "slip of the tongue" at the time, so I responded by posting a link to a thread I'd made more than a year prior. So if you think the scenario of me being 60 but racking up more than 9,000 posts over 2 years on another forum (including the one about registering to vote while underage) so that I can have an alibi if I ever "slip up" is plausible, feel free to do so. Or, or, you could believe that I said what was true. Crazy shit, I know. ;)

Ohh and he believes 13 year old's should be able to have sex with anyone they want to.

Disingenuous. I'm merely with the school of the educator John Holt, who remarked, "I propose...that the rights, privileges, duties, responsibilities, of adult citizens be made available to any young person, of whatever age, who wants to make use of them." I don't believe that there should be minimum age restrictions, and advocate that those capable of doing so assume control over entire lives, since I believe that youth are excessively infantilized. I don't support a minimum working age, voting age, etc. You merely focus on the age of consent as a form of crude tabloidism.

Oh, and incidentally, the other person here who's thought to be a 60 year old man despite claims of being young believes the same thing.

he still thinks anarchy can work on the large scale... most people forget such idealism before they hit 30... or 25...

Nope. Those who have conducted in-depth analyses into anarchist political theory rather than embraced the popular misconception of anarchism involving "chaos" or "disorder" typically retain these sound ideological views until the end of their lives. For example, consider Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn, who are 80 and 86 respectively, and still committed to anarchist principles.

Agna, the fatal flaw in your system is the same as Democracy: you require that most people be inherently good and that the good will act to prevent evil

However, if that were true- we would need no system at all in the first place, and true anarchy would be ideal

Agna, the fatal flaw in your system is the same as Democracy: you require that most people be inherently good and that the good will act to prevent evil

Nope. People's inherent qualities span a widely ranging spectrum of morality. People are inherently self-interested; this promotes behaviors that will maximize self-interest and possess varying degrees of moral or immoral elements.

Nope. People's inherent qualities span a widely ranging spectrum of morality. People are inherently self-interested; this promotes behaviors that will maximize self-interest and possess varying degrees of moral or immoral elements.

I have to agree with that...and because of my inherent self-interest, I demand that the conversation revert back to my awesome suggestion. :lol:

exactly- that self-interest places the self above society. Most people will not actively work to stop or prevent evil if it 'does not directly effect them', even those who would not commit such acts themselves. Every great society has realized that man cannot be trusted. This is why we have law and punitive systems to control people and keep peoples' urges in line. It is also why we use representational systems, in the hope that mob rule and waves of passion can be stemmed, before emotion overrides reason and the surging will of the masses- no matter how short lived- drive society to commit heinous acts or destroy itself with a brilliant display of gross stupidity. It has been long recognized that the group is less inhibited and less intelligent than the individuals comprising it. If Man were a perfect creature, the Natural State would be just fine. However, human history has shown us that there are evil men- and that good nmen tend to do nothing to stop them. Thus, socuial contracts arise out of self-interest and mutual defense of common interests. Democracy failed because it cannot regulate or control the mob. This is why representative systems, which offer some protection against mob rule and both the tyranny of the masses (the 51% oppressing the 49%) and the stupidity of humanity as a whole, are superior to directly democtratic systems, which are little more than a mass rally of persons with no real leadership- for once such leader arise, it is natural for them to each speak for those around and amongst them, forming the basis for a representational system, regardless of whther it is codified or remains informal

Forum List

Back