Profiles

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by iagainsti, Jun 19, 2009.

1. iagainsti

iagainsti Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I think it would be kinda cool if we had more categories to fill out in our profiles. Not sure if that's even something that can be done, I don't know how the message board software works or anything, but thought it wouldn't hurt to make the suggestion!

For example, gender could be a good one...I've been called "dude" and "bro" a few times now, which is all well and good, but since nobody has their gender displayed anywhere I think a lot of people might have just assumed I'm a dude...and, SURPRISE, I'm a girl. :lol:

Anyway, yeah...just throwin' it out there, feel free to throw it right back!

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Not to belittle your suggestion, it's not a bad one, but you can use your "tag line" for that if it helps for the time being.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,972
    Post a hot picture. Then you can have the board idiots claim you are really a 60 year old fat nerd living in his mother's basement.

4. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Or adopt an ideological position that John Walsh and Oprah's America thinks would be of interest only to a 60 year old fat nerd living in his mother's basement. That'll do the trick too.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. iagainsti

iagainsti Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yeah, I noticed a few girls on this board have used their taglines for that purpose...not a bad idea, but I'm not really THAT concerned with whether or not people know my gender! :lol: just thought more profile information might come in handy for some. Good suggestion though, thanks!

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,972
    You mean like how the board figured out you are not a young man at all? Worked real well for you now didn't it? And here you are supporting mob opinion.

7. iagainsti

iagainsti Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Ha, wouldn't want anyone figuring THAT out...I mean, thinking that. :eusa_whistle:

8. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Actually, "the board" didn't "figure out" anything of the sort. Several idiots on this board chose to claim that I wasn't (not that there would really be any interest in me claiming that I was if I wasn't), so I responded by posting a scanned and uploaded image of my Certificate of Proficiency (my equivalency degree), that could only be earned while taking a test that one is only eligible for between the ages of 15 to 18. That should have ended matters not there, but some chose to keep running their mouths, even though I'd revealed more about my identity than anyone else ever had.

9. iagainsti

iagainsti Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Wow, that's intense. I hope I don't end up having to scan a copy of my birth certificate or anything to prove I'm not a 60-year-old fat man.

10. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    You shouldn't have any problems. I was only willing to do it because my identity isn't a great secret on the Internet anyway and it's not difficult to discover much about me. I'm not a "public figure" by any stretch of the examination, but my volunteer nonprofit work requires me to write articles and pieces for various websites and be prepared to give quotations to the print media if we're ever called upon.