Profiles in wingnuttia

Really? Please explain.
I do not see that.
I see the pro life and pro choice groups with more violence. As a matrter of fact, I have yet to see any violence from the tea partyers. Yes, some anti HC people...but not yet from the tea partyers themselves that I know for sure of.
So I am all ears and open. I mean it. I am open to being wrong.
What violence are you referring to?
If you'd like to make the case that this man is not a Tea Partier, have at it.

I am enjoying this debate and would like to answer you but you have more information than I do. So beofre I answer the question, I need to know.

Did he say he was a tea partyer?
It's hard to tell. I read through some of his blog and didn't see him claim that he was one but that he did attend some of their events.

Chris Matthews made an interesting point last evening, when craziness is accepted or is the mood of the country, all the crazies come out of the woodwork. It gives them a stage on which to act out their lunacy. An interesting psychological phenomenon, but it seems there is a bit of truth to it. Think of Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan, McVeigh, Ray, or even Bremer.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Joyless-Economy-Psychology-Human-Satisfaction/dp/0195073479/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8[/ame] Interesting take on human nature.

"When this classic work was first published in 1976, its central tenet--more is not necessarily better--placed it in direct conflict with mainstream thought in economics. Within a few years, however, this apparently paradoxical claim was gaining wide acceptance. Scitovsky's ground-breaking book was the first to apply theories of behaviorist psychology to questions of consumer behavior and to do so in clear, non-technical language. Setting out to analyze the failures of our consumerist lifestyle, Scitovsky concluded that people's need for stimulation is so vital that it can lead to violence if not satisfied by novelty--whether in challenging work, art, fashion, gadgets, late-model cars, or scandal.

Last edited:
If you'd like to make the case that this man is not a Tea Partier, have at it.

I am enjoying this debate and would like to answer you but you have more information than I do. So beofre I answer the question, I need to know.

Did he say he was a tea partyer?
It's hard to tell. I read through some of his blog and didn't see him claim that he was one but that he did attend some of their events.

So he did not specifically state that he was a memeber of the tea party movement? I witnessed a tea party out of curiosity, but I am not a tea partyer. I went out of curiosity. Ran downstairs from my office to see it.

Well, anyway, based on what you said you read in his blogs, he has not identified himself as a tea partyer.

That was not fair Ravi. You asked me to make a case that he is not a tea partyer, yet you did that for me.

I guess I should thank you. But I really wanted to do it myself.

See? We can not only be civil on this forum, but we can also quickly see the err of our thinking.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Chris Matthews made an interesting point last evening, when craziness is accepted or is the mood of the country, all the crazies come out of the woodwork. It gives them a stage on which to act out their lunacy. An interesting psychological phenomenon, but it seems there is a bit of truth to it. Think of Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan, McVeigh, Ray, or even Bremer.

Amazon.com: The Joyless Economy: The Psychology of Human Satisfaction (9780195073478): Tibor Scitovsky: Books Interesting take on human nature.

"When this classic work was first published in 1976, its central tenet--more is not necessarily better--placed it in direct conflict with mainstream thought in economics. Within a few years, however, this apparently paradoxical claim was gaining wide acceptance. Scitovsky's ground-breaking book was the first to apply theories of behaviorist psychology to questions of consumer behavior and to do so in clear, non-technical language. Setting out to analyze the failures of our consumerist lifestyle, Scitovsky concluded that people's need for stimulation is so vital that it can lead to violence if not satisfied by novelty--whether in challenging work, art, fashion, gadgets, late-model cars, or scandal.

The need for stimulation is paramount; thus the man of action. And among the chattering classes note the use of bludgeoning language as a substitute.

BTW Chris Mathews is guilty of what he speaks.

Forum List

Back