Professor's Theory of Religion: If you're a thinking man, and really think about religion, you...

...only have two choices (1) Roman Catholicism; or (2) Agnosticism.

Does that seem strange to you?

The professor is my father, a devout Catholic with two Ph.d's in mathematics and computer science. He knows everything there is to know about the Catholic religion and he knows almost everything there is to know about science. He sees no contradiction between the Catholic faith and Darwin's Theory of Evolution.

The first thing to rule out is Atheism. A thinking man who thinks about religion can't be an atheist because the atheist belief is that one should only believe in a proposition that can be proven, and yet, atheists believe there is definitely no God. So the atheist, who criticizes faith in Christians, is a man of faith himself.

The Agnostic on the other hand believes there is no proof of God so he takes the stand that without proof either way, he cannot form an intellectual defensible position and therefore refuses to decide. A perfectly legitimate approach to life's biggest question.

My father believes that the Roman Catholic faith can be defended by an intellectual, once it is accepted that the laws of science that usually define our universe can occasionally be broken, for example a man walking on the surface of water. If you accept that miracles are possible, then it is possible to defend the Catholic faith.
The professor is my father ... He knows everything there is to know about the Catholic religion

upload_2019-9-6_22-45-23.jpeg

there are plenty of hollow PhD's walking around - good luck.

Forum List

Back