Professors Face Off With College Republicans

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Former call latter racist, naturally.

http://palousitics.blogspot.com/2006/11/simmering-wsu-riff-may-become-national.html

Check out the prof who demands that the Republican stop filiming. So much for liberal free speech, eh?

Dan Ryder, a College Republicans executive, plans to file a complaint against John Streamas for allegedly calling Ryder a “white s--tbag.”

Streamas, assistant professor of comparative ethnic studies, admits to using the phrase, but said he wasn’t directing it at any one student.

Free speech is only protected by liberals when liberals speak.

That smirk by the prof asking for the students ID should have gotten him a bloody nose. If he had asked for mine and told me to stop filming I would have told him to show me where in the student handbook where he has the right to tell me to do that.

That smirk by the prof asking for the students ID should have gotten him a bloody nose.

He's the one in the wrong. Bullying a student whose beliefs you disagree with using your professor status is WRONG. But nothing will happen to this a-hole. After all, he's going after a white Republican. He'll be given a civil rights award by the dean!

Would have liked to have heard the entire conversation. The professor was definitely using the ID card thing as a power play. But, it wasn't clear to me whether or not the kids' free speech was being stifled.

No. HE was clearly using his status as a professor to intimidate when he realized he was an idiotic loser.

A person has a right to privacy, believe it or not! He didn't want to be on camera and he knew that the student didn't have a permit to film.

If ya don't like the rules then don't play the game.

A person has a right to privacy, believe it or not! He didn't want to be on camera and he knew that the student didn't have a permit to film.

But this was only his concern after he realized he looked like a fool.

LOLOLOLOL...IDIOT..How long did this Prof. MORON stand there before he saw a fucking video camera in his face? And since when do you need a permit to film in public?:rolleyes:

Er, "rules," Chad? Somehow I doubt this is how you'd react to your hero Michael Moore getting in trouble. I love how liberals get all sniffy and uptight about "rules" when the "rules" benefit THEM... but when conservatives insist on rules, we're just boring, repressive, unoriginal fascists.

rgwngAvngr is right... it was only AFTER he started looking like an idiot that he decided to un-film himself. What a goddamn BABY. Liberal professors in a situation like that are like cops without guns: they're so used to being GOD all the time, they go to pieces when they're actually challenged.

Another story on it:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420AP_WA_Professor_College_Republicans.html

But this was only his concern after he realized he looked like a fool.

I'm not defending professors, liberals, or anything like that. I think the guy is an idiot for making that comment about whites. BUT he was able to take advantage of the law to stop from making himself look like an idiot on camera.

LOLOLOLOL...IDIOT..How long did this Prof. MORON stand there before he saw a fucking video camera in his face? And since when do you need a permit to film in public?:rolleyes:

Don't you need permission to videotape a person?

Honestly here guys, would ya'll be acting out like this if it were a liberal cameraman while a neocon makes an ass of himself? I doubt it.

I'm not defending professors, liberals, or anything like that. I think the guy is an idiot for making that comment about whites. BUT he was able to take advantage of the law to stop from making himself look like an idiot on camera.

Yes, he used his status to intimidate.

Since when is it against the "rules" to film a liberal bellowing their hate filled and Blame America First, liberalism in public?

CC. conservatives welcome open public debate, because we're usually right.
Liberals stifle it, because after their simplistic slogans and personal attacks, they got nothing.

Forum List

Back