Professor threatens students for use of the wrong words

2015 Washington State University syllabus, from page 4, my bolds:

Gross generalizations, stereotypes, and derogatory/oppressive language are not acceptable. Use of racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, classist, or generally offensive language in class or submission of such material will not be tolerated. (This includes “The Man,” “Colored People,”“Illegals/Illegal Aliens,”“Tranny” and so on or referring to women/men as females or males) If I see it or hear it, I will correct it in class since it can be a learning moment for many students. Repeated use of oppressive and hateful language will be handled accordingly - including but not limited to removal from the class without attendance or participation points, failure of the assignment, and - in extreme cases - failure for the semester.

https://ccgrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/48/2015/08/20153_Breikss.pdf

Watch what you say, or you will pay. America, 2015.

If I were a paying parent, I would sue the snot out of the guy and the school at the first twitch.

:lol:

What exactly would you sue over?

Wasting tuition on useless politically-correct nonsense instead of imparting the hard knowledge I'm paying for.

:lol:

Good luck with that. I'm not aware of anyone forcing students to be Gender Studies majors.

Forum List

Back