Professor spends $1,000 to challenge $45 speeding ticket

You guys need to get to the race track and Zoom-zoom until ya can't stand it anymore..The law is writen for many reasons..One is the weak link, the not so good driver..folks it's a fact, ya gotta share the road with them...Get over the "I can do it so why restrict me crap"..It's call Public..
As in Public highways. The rules/laws apply to ALL of us.

Mr. P said:
You guys need to get to the race track and Zoom-zoom until ya can't stand it anymore..The law is writen for many reasons..One is the weak link, the not so good driver..folks it's a fact, ya gotta share the road with them...Get over the "I can do it so why restrict me crap"..It's call Public..
As in Public highways. The rules/laws apply to ALL of us.

Nice play on words! Props to you!

Naw...I thinmk there should be different laws for every class of citizen in the US....If you are dark brown, one set of rules, if you wear glasses, another sub set of rules. If you have a green car another set of rules...It's all about keeping the cops honest, anyway!

They should be sharp enough to figure it all out, and know that a blue haired teenager has different rules than a blue haired senior citizen.

Why is that so hard to figure out?

(What a bunch of frigging idiots!!!!!)

GotZoom said:
I'm not going to jump on the "Government has no right telling it's people what to do" bandwagon, but I will say this: There needs to be something done about the speed limit situation. Much of the research simply does not back-up the reasoning behind those limits.

There are some people, from what I have read (and you should know who you are), who feel like that 'cannot' seem to control their car at speed.

Easy solution: Keep the hell out of the left lane, please.

So here is an idea: What about graduated licensing.

Those who don't feel confident with their driving; i.e. a couple of people who posted in this thread, would have a D-Class license. This would allow them to drive only during daylight, at speeds not exceeding 45mph. They would be forbidden to travel on interstate, mulitlane highways. They would be allowed passengers over the age of 18.

C-Class license: This would allow both night and day operation, at speeds upto 65mph, and only allowed to use the right-hand most lane of highways. Allowed passengers of any age. Only during heavy merging would this person be allowed into an 'other than right-hand' lane, and then only for a distance not to exceed 1/8 mile.

B-Class: The above but changed to allow for speeds of up to 130mph, and can use the center lane for travel, left-lane by exception.

A-Class: Up to 175mph, No lane or travel restrictions.

NR-Class: No speed restriction; Drivers are allowed to pass on any available piece of concrete - as long as it's to the LEFT of the person being passed. This includes shoulders and medians.

Obviously the people with the NR, A, and B class licenses will have the proper training and certification. This is easy achieved by taking classes and being graded on practical application.

If they can restrict your driving because of eye-sight, they certainly should be able to allow certain drivers a speed consideration due to ability and training.

that this is a joke....certification for high speed drivers...give me a break...I for one did receive certification in high speed pursuit courses both in local as well as federal law enforcement acadamies...the one thing stressed on these courses is to know when to drop your speed and when to break off a pursuit...namely when others were endangered...I could knock the socks off you and insein on high speed driving...yet I know better and follow the posted laws as they are there for a reason...end of story! :blah2:

archangel said:
that this is a joke....certification for high speed drivers...give me a break...I for one did receive certification in high speed pursuit courses both in local as well as federal law enforcement acadamies...the one thing stressed on these courses is to know when to drop your speed and when to break off a pursuit...namely when others were endangered...I could knock the socks off you and insein on high speed driving...yet I know better and follow the posted laws as they are there for a reason...end of story! :blah2:

bfd? Karate Folk are trained to use discipline when exercising THEIR training, too. How do you KNOW how 'good' you are compared to those two? In my experience, those who are afraid of 'speed' are often those who shouldn't be allowed to drive in the first place; moreover, they can't/refuse to accept the absolute truth that 'speed does NOT kill - Poor Decision-making Kills' (regardless of speed).

Next time we're all on a race track together (as-if), you'd get a chance to prove your 'm@d Sk|llz". Whichever car you drive, vs my 1.3L Mazda.

;)

-=d=- said:
bfd? Karate Folk are trained to use discipline when exercising THEIR training, too. How do you KNOW how 'good' you are compared to those two? In my experience, those who are afraid of 'speed' are often those who shouldn't be allowed to drive in the first place; moreover, they can't/refuse to accept the absolute truth that 'speed does NOT kill - Poor Decision-making Kills' (regardless of speed).

Next time we're all on a race track together (as-if), you'd get a chance to prove your 'm@d Sk|llz". Whichever car you drive, vs my 1.3L Mazda.

;)

1.3L mazda...like your sense of humor!and by the way I have had to put my skills to the test...both martial arts and pursuits at high rates of speed... :funnyface :bye1:

-=d=- said:
Depends on how you define 'traffic'... ;) A single car on a mountain road? Interstate 5 during rush hour?

Speeding in context is pretty safe. :)
Context, huh? Wish I'd have known that the night I tried to take a 90* curve at 20mph above the speed limit..No traffic, just me.
I was damn lucky, I only spun 270* and stayed on the road..
I was speeding..Context didn't matter, I just got real lucky.

Edit:In a cool car too...

:funnyface
Mr. P said:
Context, huh? Wish I'd have known that the night I tried to take a 90* curve at 20mph above the spped limit..No traffic, just me.
I was damn lucky, I only spun 270* and stayed on the road..
I was speeding..Context didn't matter, I just got real lucky.

That was a result of 'decision making' not 'speeding'.

:D

Or, perhaps you need a Mazda? :p

:flameth: :banana:

-=d=- said:
:funnyface

That was a result of 'decision making' not 'speeding'.

:D

Or, perhaps you need a Mazda? :p

:flameth: :banana:

Bingo (two both points). You saw the turn...THOUGHT you could make it.

Bad choice.

I see the turn; and based on what car I am in, I either know I can make it and go for it; or I think I can make it and don't go for it - because if I'm not sure, I dont' do it.

Choice.

Not speed.

GotZoom said:
.. You saw the turn...THOUGHT you could make it.

Bad choice.

No..I saw a sign...curves normally are not really 90* when they show they are on the sign...this one was..
Things are diff. now, traffic signs are more accurate now..that happened before you guys were out of diapers. :D

Mr. P said:
No..I saw a sign...curves normally are not really 90* when they show they are on the sign...this one was..
Things are diff. now, traffic signs are more accurate now..that happened before you guys were out of diapers. :D

...and likely before Independant rear suspensions! :D

I didn't think it'd be possible for a horse-drawn wagon to do that...

:D :fifty:

Mr. P said:

Maybe d....

but not me.

And...(sorry, I just can't resist)....apparently your reaction time was a bit slower too.

:laugh:

Forum List

Back