Professor Obama keeps quoting on Romneys tax plan says O is wrong

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Princeton Economist: Obama Distorted My Romney Tax Plan StudyRead more on Newsmax.com

A Princeton professor said the Obama campaign is misrepresenting his work in a campaign email it sent out, the Weekly Standard reported, and that Mitt Romney's tax plan does not require raising taxes on the lower and middle class.Read more on Newsmax.com:*News & Current Events, Breaking News, Analysis, Political Commentary – Newsmax.com*Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election?*Vote Here Now!

Despite the next debate being on foreign policy, obama may bring up Romney's tax plan and Romney will absolutely CLOBBER him with his misrepresentation of yet another person's position. I doubt obama will be so foolish as to bring it up.

Meantime, while obama is going around the country avoiding the issues, Romney just laid the foundation for the next debate.

where are all the liberals to claim the economist is wrong, and that his analysis does show Roney's tax plan will increase the taxes on the middle class? After all, doesn't the average libtard know more about the economy and taxes than the economist in question??? :rolleyes:

I like this link better, with a second link to the math:

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan | The Weekly Standard

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan
8:45 AM, Oct 8, 2012 • By JOHN MCCORMACK

Last night, the Obama campaign blasted out another email claiming that Mitt Romney's tax plan would either require raising taxes on the middle class or blowing a hole in the deficit. "Even the studies that Romney has cited to claim his plan adds up still show he would need to raise middle-class taxes," said the Obama campaign press release. "In fact, Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000."

But that's not true. Princeton professor Harvey Rosen tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email that the Obama campaign is misrepresenting his paper on Romney's tax plan:

I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal. The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral.​

You can check the math that shows Romney's plan is mathematically possible here.

where are all the liberals to claim the economist is wrong, and that his analysis does show Roney's tax plan will increase the taxes on the middle class? After all, doesn't the average libtard know more about the economy and taxes than the economist in question??? :rolleyes:

oh.. they are in the other thread, claiming the economist is wrong about what his analysis doesn't show :rofl:

New Topics

Forum List

Back