Prof fired for daring to question?

Prof. Nicholas Drapela wasn't burned at the stake. I put this fella up there with Ward Churchill. Their opinions are counter to popular opinion and widely dispersed. Plenty of folks share that opinion. So? My understanding of employers rights is that they can fire an employee with no explanation what so ever. (I think this guy is an deluded fool, but that is besides the point). Here in the midwest we are suffering though a heat wave the likes I haven't seen in my 60 years. I feel for the guy, at least Oregon State could have had the backbone to declare their reasons for the dismissal. But besides whining here on the internet, there isn't a darned thing anyone can do about it.

Hello MaryL: Don't think we've met..

Ward Churchill lived in a rough and tumble field of opinion and political power players. A chemistry teacher --- not so much..

Lemme cop to something here.. Drapela made a mistake. He took aim thru his "dissent" presentations at the OSU Climate group. He made it personal and confused scientific dissent with whistle blowing.. I understand that he resented the political aspect of all that power and money being brought into academia. But he should have stuck to his duty to inform students of the "minority" report on the subject. You can see from the slides I posted how offended he was at this inquisition style of scientific bullying.. And he stooped to their level..

Plenty of scientists are able to keep their faith, their politics, and their work separate. A lot of us would like to keep it that way.. There actually are things that can be done about it..

One is to show the pattern of harrassment and deception that the AGW hierarchy relies on. When Al Gore's neck veins are sticking out -- you have a visual of that. We need to keep that and the ClimateGate scandal in the public record. Secondly, many professional "dissenters" are separating themselves from the professional organization who lie to the public about a UNIFIED, UNANIMOUS consent on AGW within their membership.. Professional orgs NEED members. But those orgs do little to protect them. (Just like AARP found out after schilling their own financial interests on ObamaCare.)

Science doesn't need martyrs. I'm not trying to create one. Only to spread the message about how the process has been perverted by politicians screaming about the "debate being over". And universities selectively silencing dissent for the benefit of research dollars and political prestige.

LOL. By God, Flats, you finally have a point. Yes, there has been a scientific society that was forced to change it's statement on global warming by the membership.

American Association of Petroleum Geologists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Global warming controversy

In 2006 the AAPG was criticized for selecting Michael Crichton for their Journalism Award "for his recent science-based thriller State of Fear", in which Crichton exposed his skeptical view of global warming, and for Jurassic Park.[2] Daniel P. Schrag, a geochemist who directs the Harvard University Center for the Environment, called the award "a total embarrassment" that he said "reflects the politics of the oil industry and a lack of professionalism" on the association's part.[3] The award has since been renamed the "Geosciences in the Media" Award.[4]

The criticism drew attention to the AAPG's 1999 position statement[5] formally rejecting the likelihood of human influence on recent climate. The Council of the American Quaternary Association wrote in a criticism of the award that the "AAPG stands alone among scientific societies in its denial of human-induced effects on global warming."[6]

As recently as March 2007, articles in the newsletter of the AAPG Division of Professional Affairs stated that "the data does not support human activity as the cause of global warming"[7] and characterize the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reports as "wildly distorted and politicized."[8]

[edit] 2007 AAPG revised position

Acknowledging that the association's previous policy statement on Climate Change was "not supported by a significant number of our members and prospective members",[9] AAPG's formal stance was reviewed and changed in July 2007.

The new statement formally accepts human activity as at least one contributor to carbon dioxide increase, but does not confirm its link to climate change, saying its members are "divided on the degree of influence that anthropogenic CO2 has" on climate. AAPG also stated support for "research to narrow probabilistic ranges on the effect of anthropogenic CO2 on global climate."[10]

AAPG also withdrew its earlier criticism of other scientific organizations and research stating, "Certain climate simulation models predict that the warming trend will continue, as reported through NAS, AGU, AAAS, and AMS. AAPG respects these scientific opinions but wants to add that the current climate warming projections could fall within well-documented natural variations in past climate and observed temperature data. These data do not necessarily support the maximum case scenarios forecast in some models."

Prof. Nicholas Drapela wasn't burned at the stake. I feel for the guy, at least Oregon State could have had the backbone to declare their reasons for the dismissal. But besides whining here on the internet, there isn't a darned thing anyone can do about it.

Never, ever say more than you have to. That is what Drapela did, see Fatass' (flacaltenn) downloaded media, relating to Drapela's presentation. He said too much, while communicating dementia.

If you communicate dementia, by being a chem prof, with 1. inability to grok greenhouse effect of three-atom or more molecules, and 2. tendency to rant, about skeptics (15 pages worth of idiots who don't have to understand chem), and 3. rant, about "Nazi" media, and 4. diss of OSU's GWI, HEY!

If you do all of the above, you should get fired, let go, not rehired, set free, shagged in the butt by the Huskies, fucked in the ass by the Ducks, bit on the ass by the Cougs, ignored by the rest of the conference, and nobody should tell you anything, lest you make a case, when you shouldn't.

Suck Meat0, you were so busy sucking, you sucked, and you inhaled, and you sucked some more, but you didn't quote me, properly. So let's go over the Crapela affair.

IF you communicate dementia, and you think you are going to gather up a load of sucks, who aren't very smart, by pimping and pandering and proving you can't do science, for shit or for shinola, and you are a chem prof, who can't figure out atmospheric molecular tendencies, and then you try to take people off, with a list of your fellow idiots, who also don't understand chemistry or physics or geology or anything else worth knowing, and you make a damn rant about "Nazi" this and that, and you point the whole load, right through OSU's GWI, YOU DESERVE TO BE CRAPPED ON AND FLUSHED, like Crapela.

If you think you flat-earth assholes are going to keep pretending competence, for screwing with science and scientists, when you need to get your tardy selves out of traffic and TAKE YOUR TARD-MEDS, and go to bed, you flat-earth assholes have another guess, coming!

YOU ANTI-WARMING SKEPTICS ARE WAY TOO STUPID TO BE IN PUBLIC. Go home, take your meds, and go to bed. You are not only like flat-earth assholes, you are like the assholes, who shot speed and tricked their HIV, all the way through AIDS, to die! You need to FUCK OFF, Suck Meat0. You need to go home, or stay home, and don't come around, since you are very, very shitty. Take your tardy-league with you.

Prof. Nicholas Drapela wasn't burned at the stake. I feel for the guy, at least Oregon State could have had the backbone to declare their reasons for the dismissal. But besides whining here on the internet, there isn't a darned thing anyone can do about it.

Never, ever say more than you have to. That is what Drapela did, see Fatass' (flacaltenn) downloaded media, relating to Drapela's presentation. He said too much, while communicating dementia.

If you communicate dementia, by being a chem prof, with 1. inability to grok greenhouse effect of three-atom or more molecules, and 2. tendency to rant, about skeptics (15 pages worth of idiots who don't have to understand chem), and 3. rant, about "Nazi" media, and 4. diss of OSU's GWI, HEY!

If you do all of the above, you should get fired, let go, not rehired, set free, shagged in the butt by the Huskies, fucked in the ass by the Ducks, bit on the ass by the Cougs, ignored by the rest of the conference, and nobody should tell you anything, lest you make a case, when you shouldn't.

Suck Meat0, you were so busy sucking, you sucked, and you inhaled, and you sucked some more, but you didn't quote me, properly. So let's go over the Crapela affair.

IF you communicate dementia, and you think you are going to gather up a load of sucks, who aren't very smart, by pimping and pandering and proving you can't do science, for shit or for shinola, and you are a chem prof, who can't figure out atmospheric molecular tendencies, and then you try to take people off, with a list of your fellow idiots, who also don't understand chemistry or physics or geology or anything else worth knowing, and you make a damn rant about "Nazi" this and that, and you point the whole load, right through OSU's GWI, YOU DESERVE TO BE CRAPPED ON AND FLUSHED, like Crapela.

If you think you flat-earth assholes are going to keep pretending competence, for screwing with science and scientists, when you need to get your tardy selves out of traffic and TAKE YOUR TARD-MEDS, and go to bed, you flat-earth assholes have another guess, coming!

YOU ANTI-WARMING SKEPTICS ARE WAY TOO STUPID TO BE IN PUBLIC. Go home, take your meds, and go to bed. You are not only like flat-earth assholes, you are like the assholes, who shot speed and tricked their HIV, all the way through AIDS, to die! You need to FUCK OFF, Suck Meat0. You need to go home, or stay home, and don't come around, since you are very, very shitty. Take your tardy-league with you.
You really have mental issues. Seriously.

Who is tired of flat-earth assholes spamming up environment and science threads? I for one am tired of ranting, flat-earth assholes, which spam their crap all around!

Who is tired of lying sociopaths winding up as politicians, executives, professors, lawyers, and more? I am!

Who has mental issues? Sociopaths who pack up, to challenge science are fucktards!

Who tried to recruit skeptics, at OSU, with ridiculous power point propaganda? Nicky Drapela!

Who should get fired, or released, but not getting hired would be better? Anybody like Drapela!

Who should fuck off and take her meds? Suck Meat0!

Who is tired of flat-earth assholes spamming up environment and science threads? I for one am tired of ranting, flat-earth assholes, which spam their crap all around!

Who is tired of lying sociopaths winding up as politicians, executives, professors, lawyers, and more? I am!

Who has mental issues? Sociopaths who pack up, to challenge science are fucktards!

Who tried to recruit skeptics, at OSU, with ridiculous power point propaganda? Nicky Drapela!

Who should get fired, or released, but not getting hired would be better? Anybody like Drapela!

Who should fuck off and take her meds? Suck Meat0!
Take a break from your out-of-control anger and go to a happy place.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwe-pA6TaZk]Where the Hell is Matt? 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Breathe. Just breathe.

Because I didn't ignore you, Suck Meat0, doesn't mean I'm hysterical, you idiot with a vagina and trouble, right around the corner and in your shitty head.

You are retarded. When you non-Latin retards figure out somebody had to let a load of Mexicans into the US illegally because you retards proved the white-affected gene pool failed, you short out. Eat a burrito, DD.

DDDrapela needs to move to North Calinkey and help the redstate retards over there keep the rats, from drafting legislation, with the words "sea level rise," in it.

Drapela apparently has a PhD in Criminology. So what's a prison guard doing, getting a "hotness" rating, while teaching chem? Good riddance, to all retards, getting over, wherever you do that.

Because I didn't ignore you, Suck Meat0, doesn't mean I'm hysterical, you idiot with a vagina and trouble, right around the corner and in your shitty head.

You are retarded. When you non-Latin retards figure out somebody had to let a load of Mexicans into the US illegally because you retards proved the white-affected gene pool failed, you short out. Eat a burrito, DD.

DDDrapela needs to move to North Calinkey and help the redstate retards over there keep the rats, from drafting legislation, with the words "sea level rise," in it.

Drapela apparently has a PhD in Criminology. So what's a prison guard doing, getting a "hotness" rating, while teaching chem? Good riddance, to all retards, getting over, wherever you do that.
Happy place didn't help much, I see.

Well, back to chemistry:

180px-Diazepam_structure_2.svg.png

Well, I guessed vagina, from Virginia, but I see you may be a Qua-si-modo, which makes sense, given Q-bag and pussyshithead and bigretardedqueenofcalinkey all like to cruise, here.

So...have you always been batshit crazy, or is this something you have been trying out recently?

I'm thinking I'd rather take a 500 mile drive with a busload of trolls than read another bobbyonenote post..

See why we don't want to hire assholes, to instruct? Look at all the asshole-traffic, at the Crapela thread. You punks can't stay home and fuck each other. That'd be too simple. So one of you got hired, by mistake, at OSU, and now, your fellow punk is walking.

Skeptic-punks are like flesh-eating zombies. Once somebody lets your infection spread, you have to be set on fire, to get rid of you.

I am sorry the Beavs couldn't say why they didn't rehire their idiot. But the reason is obvious. He was an anti-warming skeptic, trying to sell his propaganda, against established scientific theory, in a way, which was punk. Skeptics are like flat-earth assholes, playing at an inquisition. You bitches are NO GOOD, so eat shit, and die!

Go suck Quasi-mo dick, in a shitstorm, Fatass. There's ALWAYS something, you queers would rather do, than each other, since we all know, you don't get along with me, but you don't get along with each other, so the best you can do is getting together, to vainly celebrate how an idiot skeptic USED TO GET A PAYCHECK, at OSU.

If there's somewhere you queers would rather punk in traffic, get on your scooters and ride!

I'm thinking I'd rather take a 500 mile drive with a busload of trolls than read another bobbyonenote post..

See why we don't want to hire assholes, to instruct? Look at all the asshole-traffic, at the Crapela thread. You punks can't stay home and fuck each other. That'd be too simple. So one of you got hired, by mistake, at OSU, and now, your fellow punk is walking.

Skeptic-punks are like flesh-eating zombies. Once somebody lets your infection spread, you have to be set on fire, to get rid of you.

I am sorry the Beavs couldn't say why they didn't rehire their idiot. But the reason is obvious. He was an anti-warming skeptic, trying to sell his propaganda, against established scientific theory, in a way, which was punk. Skeptics are like flat-earth assholes, playing at an inquisition. You bitches are NO GOOD, so eat shit, and die!

Go suck Quasi-mo dick, in a shitstorm, Fatass. There's ALWAYS something, you queers would rather do, than each other, since we all know, you don't get along with me, but you don't get along with each other, so the best you can do is getting together, to vainly celebrate how an idiot skeptic USED TO GET A PAYCHECK, at OSU.

If there's somewhere you queers would rather punk in traffic, get on your scooters and ride!
^^^ Angry poster is angry.

(Just HAS to be a KerryWonOhio sock.....or relative.)

DrugItem_7207.jpg

You piece of shit queer, just because I piss all over you doesn't get your ass over.

Since you are a queer, with a med fixation, go ahead and put some shit in your stupid mouth, chew, and swallow.

A better outcome would be no idiots EVER get jobs, anywhere. Crapela needs to go out and turn tricks, with his fans, if he's so goddamn hot.

You piece of shit queer, just because I piss all over you doesn't get your ass over.

Since you are a queer, with a med fixation, go ahead and put some shit in your stupid mouth, chew, and swallow.

A better outcome would be no idiots EVER get jobs, anywhere. Crapela needs to go out and turn tricks, with his fans, if he's so goddamn hot.
Angry poster is still angry.

Breathe.

Angry poster is still angry. Breathe.

I've been breathing the whole time, queen of hounddog-cross-dressers.

Give your boyfriend the Heimlich maneuver and some mouth-to-mouth, if you are so into breathing. You happen to be into sucking, too, so don't scare him off.

Forum List

Back