Prof fired for daring to question?

Ah. When a person like Drapela gets high-profile, as a stupid idiot, the rest of his work gets a look.

Maybe if you can't grok cumulative human impact, you can't grok what three-atom molecules do, in the atmosphere, and if you can't do that, as a chem prof, hey, goodbye, good riddance, seeyawouldn'twantabeya.

Well, a representative of the Red Guard has now been heard from...

Professor fired after expressing climate change skepticism | Fox News

Was the prof eliminated for the modern-day version of heresy?
A news report from southern Oregon interviews Nicholas Drapela, the OSU chemistry instructor whose contract was not renewed. It also quotes the OSU Vice President of University Relations as saying Drapela's views on global warming had nothing whatsoever to do with the decision. He added, "The University really doesn't care about individual's personal views or their personal activities."

Quark Soup by David Appell: Drapela Decision Unrelated to AGW Views, Says University

So why wouldn't they tell him what the reasons were then?

Professor fired after expressing climate change skepticism | Fox News

Was the prof eliminated for the modern-day version of heresy?
A news report from southern Oregon interviews Nicholas Drapela, the OSU chemistry instructor whose contract was not renewed. It also quotes the OSU Vice President of University Relations as saying Drapela's views on global warming had nothing whatsoever to do with the decision. He added, "The University really doesn't care about individual's personal views or their personal activities."

Quark Soup by David Appell: Drapela Decision Unrelated to AGW Views, Says University

What a well crafted lie that is.. Must have read the Billy Jeff Clinton notes on "parsing" statements. Drapella's demise was NOT DUE to statements on GW or AGW.. They were due to studies he confirmed he confirmed on the health thresholds for atmospheric particulates. Thus the OSU VP could confidently say "he was not fired for his views on Global Warming".. A million laughs these inquistors are...

Yu seem to have a history of needing to defend the indefensible. Are you a defense trial attorney?

An employer is not required to tell someone why they are being fired. Sometimes you don't disclose that information because it can be harm to others or to the organization.

He was not being dismissed. His contract was not renewed.

Last edited:
An employer is not required to tell someone why they are being fired. Sometimes you don't disclose that information because it can be harm to others or to the organization.

You're avoiding the question. I wonder why?

"Well, you see, try not to look at it as being unemployed. You simply don't work here anymore."

Don't know Drapela, but have had a personal run in with Dr. Fulks. If Drapela is as obtuse as Fulks, he should have been fired.

Now there's a definate endorsement.. I'm behind ANYONE who has a run-in with Roxy..

Jogging is a "definate(sp)" advantage, to keeping ahead, in the game, to avoid growing your very own big, fat ass. Who wants YOU, behind them, Fatass?

Don't know Drapela, but have had a personal run in with Dr. Fulks. If Drapela is as obtuse as Fulks, he should have been fired.

Now there's a definate endorsement.. I'm behind ANYONE who has a run-in with Roxy..

Jogging is a "definate(sp)" advantage, to keeping ahead, in the game, to avoid growing your very own big, fat ass. Who wants YOU, behind them, Fatass?

I'm not the one chronically BEHIND here.. How damaged are you really? Can you even get a date?

It's annoying now -- it really truely is.. We had a good time.. Let's just be friends..

Phony government grants keep university programs running these days. If a professor dares to challenge the junk science that the government pays for what do you think is likely to happen?

Wonder away, but that's the business of the employer, not the public. Don't you realize this is pure propaganda. There is nothing there to support the innuendo that he was fired because of his belief. In fact there is so little information, Fox can't even claim he was fired because of his beliefs, just suggest it as possibility.

I doubt Fox News would be putting out the story if the professor was fired from a Christian college and had expressed views about his belief in evolution.

So, Whitey, every government on Earth is in on this scam? There is not one Academy of Science that does not state that AGW is a reality. I have issued this challenge before. Find me just one National Academy of Science that states that AGW is not real. From any nation, even Outer Slobovia. No one has come up with one yet.

This being the case, you claims of fraud because of government control is indictutive of the little tinfoil hat you are wearing.

Wonder away, but that's the business of the employer, not the public. .

So you don't have shit to say but felt compelled to reply anyway.

Wonder away, but that's the business of the employer, not the public. Don't you realize this is pure propaganda. There is nothing there to support the innuendo that he was fired because of his belief. In fact there is so little information, Fox can't even claim he was fired because of his beliefs, just suggest it as possibility.

I doubt Fox News would be putting out the story if the professor was fired from a Christian college and had expressed views about his belief in evolution.

Don't need to wonder -- don't care what Fox News Reported.. Here's the facts that you need to ignore in order to just brush this off as unrelated to the Ministry and Religion of Global Warming..

From the Letter that Gordon Fulks circulated in support of Drapela..

Five years ago, Oregon State Climatologist George Taylor went around quietly saying that he was not a believer. Then Governor Ted Kulongoski and many faculty at OSU including Dr. Jane Lubchenco made life impossible for Taylor, and he retired. (Lubchenco is now head of NOAA in the Obama administration.) Under those currently in charge, OSU climate research has grown to be a huge business, reportedly $90 million per year with no real deliverables beyond solid academic support for climate hysteria.

We can only speculate as to how the decision to fire Drapela was made. Unlike the decision to force Taylor out (which came from the governor’s office), this decision was likely internal to OSU with the implicit backing of Governor Kitzhaber and NOAA administrator Lubchenco. I would suspect that Dr. Phil Mote (Director of their Climate Change Research Institute) had a hand in the decision, because he has previously been highly intolerant of those who oppose his ideas and could potentially threaten his business empire.

HUGE economic business at OSU.. Political pressure to fire George Taylor (who IS going to court) and REWARDS of being named Director of NOAA for harassing the heretics.. What other evidence do you need? They did it before. And they got rewarded for it..

Drapela had an excellent teaching record at OSU -- just like Taylor did.. In Drapela's words..

It’s just a sad, sad state of affairs that an institution like OSU would fire a good employee for (ostensibly) no reason and then run around and hide from the person they fired. I had stellar teaching evaluations, I won College of Science awards for teaching, and published textbooks. My class sections were always full and I was well-liked by students (see ratemyprofessors.com). I was doing my job very well. But I guess I didn’t march in step with their philosophies.

Really isn't a stretch to establish a pattern of harrassment and bias on the part of OSU Science Dept.. Not at all.... It's obvious...

Last edited:
Headlines: Retard chemist didn't notice molecules of three atoms or more contribute to greenhouse effect, but these molecules are proliferating, in the atmosphere, and temperatures are RISING.

In other news, a retard scamming OSU for a chair was released, from his post, as in, "If you hire a little D, don't keep paying the goddamn D, 'cause if you pay that goddamn D, your students can turn out D-D-Deee!" Not Andros, either. ref: Professor Carlos.

Is anybody having REAL trouble, with all this? Three atoms or more in atmospheric molecules leads to the greenhouse effect, CO2, CH4, and H2O will all go way up, accelerated by higher emissions and out-gassing, warming is evidently accelerating, and three Ds in a row means YOU ARE TOO STUPID, TO BE A PROFESSOR, AT A MAJOR UNIVERSITY, such as OSU.

Hey, Beavs play in the PAC-12, so keep up the community standards.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back