Product Alert

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Don't waste your money on COPPER CHEF (trademark) cooking pans. I already did. I have a round one and a square one. On both, the bottoms have distorted into a dome shape. This makes liquids and fried eggs migrate away from the center and collect new the edge of the pan.

Also, they do not work on induction cook tops.

Don't waste your money on COPPER CHEF (trademark) cooking pans. I already did. I have a round one and a square one. On both, the bottoms have distorted into a dome shape. This makes liquids and fried eggs migrate away from the center and collect new the edge of the pan.

you need 18/10 steel pans....

Cast iron although I have mostly Stainless steel from Sears 40 years ago . Most frying is cast iror , poaching is stainless as well as boiling and general cooking and heating , reheating leftovers plus a microwave .

what a pampered life we Americans and most Westerners live !!

you need 18/10 steel pans....
Oh, I have a lot of pans...different brands...NuWave, T-Fal...and my square COPPER CHEF deep pan/deep fryer/steamer is great. It has a steel core in the center and works well on induction eyes. It's the shallow CC skillets that are useless because they are all aluminum.

My favorite skillets are Lodge cast iron. You can't beat them if you insist on even heat over the entire surface. Even with them, you have to heat the pan for a while before you start cooking. Putting any cool pan on a cooking eye will cause a hot spot for a while. With cast iron, it becomes more uniform than with SS or aluminum...and if they're seasoned right (and never washed in a dish washer), they're almost non-stick.

I do a have a favorite aluminum skillet I bought through Waffle House. They are great for frying eggs...if you clean them by rubbing vigorously with salt under a pad of some sort. A folded paper towel or a piece of a thick, old leather belt will work, but you gotta keep the salt up under it while you rub.

Mauviel is the only proper copper cookware ... at least 2.5mm thick. Far superior to Williams-Sonoma. And never cook on conduction -- no decent heat control.

Life it too short to use inferior cookware or appliances.

/--- What did you expect from a cheesy Infomercial produced by a fat lady selling healthy cooking? You can see by the close ups that they are cheaply made. BTW the dishes she made looked like dog food.

Mauviel is the only proper copper cookware ... at least 2.5mm thick. Far superior to Williams-Sonoma. And never cook on conduction -- no decent heat control.

Life it too short to use inferior cookware or appliances.
With my NuWave Platinum Induction cook top, I can adjust the temperature in 5 degree increments. It works great.

If you're talking real solid copper cookware, you're right. It is rather expensive though.

Copper plated stainless steel is a rip off!

thanks for the heads up

Our Farberware lasted 42 years and they were still in great shape after heavy use. When we redid the kitchen, my wife tossed them and we bought more good quality cookware.

/--- What did you expect from a cheesy Infomercial produced by a fat lady selling healthy cooking? You can see by the close ups that they are cheaply made. BTW the dishes she made looked like dog food.
I'm not sure she represents COPPER CHEF. I seem to remember Red Copper or something like that in the ads.

Our Farberware lasted 42 years and they were still in great shape after heavy use. When we redid the kitchen, my wife tossed them and we bought more good quality cookware.

I still have the same farberware pot I bought whilst a student LONG LONG ago (a little more than 42 years ago

I was at my local K-Mart one time and I saw one of them Pocket Hoses being returned because it apparently wasn't durable enough, so that is another thing that isn't worth the money you pay to buy it.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I erred in Post 5 when I said that the faulty pans were all aluminum. They are in fact rated for induction heating. The reason they do not work right on induction cook tops is that the doming of the bottom surface lifts the center of the pan away from the flat surface of the induction eye.

All-Clad,Le Creuset and good old fashioned cast iron.

yeah------damned expensive----

But you'll never have to buy another pot or pan again.
In the long run you win.

I REALLY win when I find a cast iron pot or pan at a flea market-------a bit of rust so
LOWERS the price. I scrub, I oil I heat --------and celebrate. Have to admit---those SHINY NEWS UNMOLESTED creusets and staubs make me SALIVATE

All-Clad,Le Creuset and good old fashioned cast iron.

yeah------damned expensive----

But you'll never have to buy another pot or pan again.
In the long run you win.

I REALLY win when I find a cast iron pot or pan at a flea market-------a bit of rust so
LOWERS the price. I scrub, I oil I heat --------and celebrate. Have to admit---those SHINY NEWS UNMOLESTED creusets and staubs make me SALIVATE

Yeah...the large Le Creuset dutch oven was a bit of a hit at $300 bucks but you can fit two chickens in it and they come out amazing!!!
Get on the internet and find a place that sandblasts in your area and drop of your rusty finds along with your choice of oil.
They'll blast them and wipe them down with your oil and they come out beautiful!!!
It not only removes every speck of rust but it opens the pores of the cast iron allowing deep penetration of the oil.
They shouldnt charge more than ten bucks a pan.

This is one of my steel De Buyer pans from France after I sandblasted them(have my own sandblaster)and seasoned with flax seed oil.
The blasting leaves a rough surface for the polymerized oil to adhere to so you never have a problem with peeling glaze.
These were shiny steel when I started and they're almost as non stick as a non stick pan.
upload_2017-1-3_17-24-57.png

Forum List

Back