Problems with illegal immigration.

I believe that all men are created equal sure, but you need to know alot of countries don't believe in that and they wouldn't piss on our bill of rights if it were on fire. I believe America is a special country and we need to protect it and not let any Tom, Dick and Harry into our country.

I've understood from the start that not every country sees eye to eye with us. But how can you say that you believe all men are created equal, yet you don't have a problem with an immigration system that favors Canadians over Mexicans? If I am equal to a foreigner, why do I believe I can keep them out when my family was allowed in? Actions speak louder than words. My 4th great grandparents spent an afternoon on Ellis Island and never had to learn English. Now, in order to immigrate legally, you have to learn English (which is funny because the US has no official language, just a majority language) and pass a US history test. It's a bogus system that has strayed from the principles that made our nation great.

I don't have a problem with limiting immigration, but it should be done fairly. We shouldn't set quotas and allow more Asians than Hispanics. That's racist.

I don't believe illegal immigrants are doing the right thing, but if you were on the other side of the border and couldn't make enough for your family, would you hold the same opinions on immigration? 99% of us are immigrants to this nation, why do we have the right to deny someone something that was given to our ancestors?

I believe that all men are created equal sure, but you need to know alot of countries don't believe in that and they wouldn't piss on our bill of rights if it were on fire. I believe America is a special country and we need to protect it and not let any Tom, Dick and Harry into our country.

I've understood from the start that not every country sees eye to eye with us. But how can you say that you believe all men are created equal, yet you don't have a problem with an immigration system that favors Canadians over Mexicans? If I am equal to a foreigner, why do I believe I can keep them out when my family was allowed in? Actions speak louder than words. My 4th great grandparents spent an afternoon on Ellis Island and never had to learn English. Now, in order to immigrate legally, you have to learn English (which is funny because the US has no official language, just a majority language) and pass a US history test. It's a bogus system that has strayed from the principles that made our nation great.

I don't have a problem with limiting immigration, but it should be done fairly. We shouldn't set quotas and allow more Asians than Hispanics. That's racist.

I don't believe illegal immigrants are doing the right thing, but if you were on the other side of the border and couldn't make enough for your family, would you hold the same opinions on immigration? 99% of us are immigrants to this nation, why do we have the right to deny someone something that was given to our ancestors?

So your solution to this is to just let any Tom, Dick and Harry into the US? do you know how many poor people there in this world? we would be over run, if all you had to do was buy a plane ticket to the US and come on over this country would be flooded with people from third world countries.

The main issue about illegal immigration is that it is, well ... illegal and thus a crime. Illegal immigrants violate the law and should be treated accordingly. Period.

I won't try to act as if illegals haven't broken an established law. But I will argue that the law is corrupt and unjust. For a poor Mexican citizen with no resources, legal immigration is far too difficult to figure out. The US favors educated immigrants from Europe, Canada, and Asia when allowing immigration. What happened to the American Dream? What about the idea that American Rights are given by God and not by any government?

When it all boils down to it, unless you served in the military (or have a loved one who is doing so) or personally went through the legal immigration process, you have done nothing to be more deserving of citizenship than any Mexican.

It is illegal to break into any country and it is not your private perogative to decide which law to obey and disobey. Vote to have them changed but don't break them. If I busted out a window and moved my family into your house I bet you would call the police.

Your concept is absurd.

It is illegal to break into any country and it is not your private perogative to decide which law to obey and disobey. Vote to have them changed but don't break them. If I busted out a window and moved my family into your house I bet you would call the police.

Your concept is absurd.

Did I not just say that I don't support illegal immigration? Your example is more of a representation of what Europeans did to Native Americans.

I'm not supporting the breaking of the law, I'm pointing out how unjust a law is toward a group of people who are powerless to change it. It's easier to understand if you compress the situation. If a group of immigrants came to America and were GIVEN freedom and liberty, how can they then decide that they are the only ones who should be given that gift? I understand that it has to end somewhere, but our immigrant ancestors aren't any better than people who want to immigrate today. Why do we make todays immigrants jump through so many hoops?

So your solution to this is to just let any Tom, Dick and Harry into the US? do you know how many poor people there in this world? we would be over run, if all you had to do was buy a plane ticket to the US and come on over this country would be flooded with people from third world countries.

Well, any Tom, Dick, and Harry can come to the US. It's the Juans and Joses that have a harder time becoming citizens. If we cut back on welfare, there are only so many jobs for unskilled workers. An equilibrium would be met and people would stop coming. If there aren't any jobs available for immigrants and they know they won't get welfare, they won't come.

Eliminate the magnet of free everything courtesy of the government

I don't know were most of you are coming from here, from a practical or moral standpoint. I have been harassed, bullied, beat up, and otherwise made to feel like I don't belong in the country of my fathers' birth. By these poor poor Mexicans of unascertainable immigration status. Pssttt: Immigrants aren't SUPPOSED to DO THAT. Illegal Mexican immigrants think they are the freekin bomb, they suppose they are god's gift to man kind. I don't know what they THINK. They sure act like it. I don't know how many of you people actually live with these assholes, if you did, you would understand WHAT the bloody problem is here. Do yourselves favor here: don't defend illegal aliens. Don't hire them. Don't pretend it's a humanitarian issue or that only racists attack illegal immigrants. Because it isn't that simple. It never was.

Last edited:
But how can you say that you believe all men are created equal, yet you don't have a problem with an immigration system that favors Canadians over Mexicans?

Where on earth is there such a system?

Permanent residence (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"No more than 7 percent of the visas may be issued to natives of any one country. Currently, individuals from China (mainland), India, Mexico and the Philippines are subject to per-country quotas in most of the categories, and the waiting time may take longer"

Unkotare, we have that system right here? A maximum of 7% of green cards are allowed to be distributed to Mexicans, even though they make up a much larger percentage of those that apply. The line to get into America is essentially "longer" in Mexico, China, India, and the Philippines than it is in Canada.

Let me see here, the difference between Illegal Canuks and Wetbacks? Oh Gosh, 11 million folk or so. Good lord. Canadians fought in WWII. Mexicans? Nada tomada. WWI? The Kaiser wanted to get Mexico on his side...He promised to get their lands back if they fought America. Mexicans just astound me sometimes. Shouting Osama (the terrorist) at a soccer match they are losing against the US... That corrupt country, who's side are they on? They are colonizing this country. They aren't immigrating.

But how can you say that you believe all men are created equal, yet you don't have a problem with an immigration system that favors Canadians over Mexicans?

"No more than 7 percent of the visas may be issued to natives of any one country. Currently, individuals from China (mainland), India, Mexico and the Philippines are subject to per-country quotas in most of the categories, and the waiting time may take longer"

Unkotare, we have that system right here? A maximum of 7% of green cards are allowed to be distributed to Mexicans, even though they make up a much larger percentage of those that apply. The line to get into America is essentially "longer" in Mexico, China, India, and the Philippines than it is in Canada.

You would do better if you understood what you were talking about.

Would you like to guess the country of origin of the greatest number of persons naturalized to the US in 2011? Hmmm?

Would you like to guess the country of origin of the greatest number of persons naturalized to the US in 2011? Hmmm?

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/natz_fr_2011.pdf

Oh, I know that Mexicans make up the largest percentage of those naturalized, but the percentages aren't equal. If immigrants from Mexico make up 14% of naturalizations but make up more like 40% of the demand, that's favoring people from other nations.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/natz_fr_2011.pdf

Oh, I know that Mexicans make up the largest percentage of those naturalized.

Look who just discovered google! And guess who rounded out the rest of the top 5? Go ahead, I'll let you google again to find out.

If immigrants from Mexico make up 14% of naturalizations but make up more like 40% of the demand, that's favoring people from other nations.

Execution of spin - fail

LOL!!! It would be a lot easier to just admit you were talking out your ass than to continue to make a fool of yourself like this.

That is not the case.

I believe you're supposed to supply evidence to prove me wrong.

Sure. Congressional approval for the use of force against saddam, and the fact that our forces have already withdrawn from that country.

You mean it was legal because your people said it was.
I disagree.
It would have been legal if it hadn't been based on lies. Please tell me where the WMDs were found.
The whole war was based on the claim Saddam had such weapons and was able to deploy in 45 minutes.
I believe the common US term is "What a crock of shit".

US forces in Iraq today.
Not so many troops but lots of advisers. Just like in Vietnam.
Get real.

I believe you're supposed to supply evidence to prove me wrong.

Sure. Congressional approval for the use of force against saddam, and the fact that our forces have already withdrawn from that country.

You mean it was legal because your people said it was.
I disagree.
It would have been legal if it hadn't been based on lies. Please tell me where the WMDs were found.
The whole war was based on the claim Saddam had such weapons and was able to deploy in 45 minutes.
I believe the common US term is "What a crock of shit".

US forces in Iraq today.
Not so many troops but lots of advisers. Just like in Vietnam.
Get real.

That is apparently why we ended up in Iraq - the WMD, which didn't exist. Maybe no one knew they didn't exist until afterward, but I doubt it. How do you make such a huge mistake and then try and justify it after the fact?

Forum List

Back