problems with elections.

for no1vote4 :

I fyou have some critics to my message, keep them for the New York Times and The Economist (from London).

The onlt thing I did was to read these articles, and put here some parts of them.

So, don't be angry angaint me, I 'm not at the origin of these texts.

For Comrade :

same things.

All comes from articles of NYT and The Economist.

By "polls", i meant : 144,000 voices for the result, but only 5,352 persons voted ... so, 138,648 voices were not allowed....it was unfair.

for the Detroit's problem, I only said what the NYT said. same thing for the rest of the message...

padisha emperor said:
for no1vote4 :

I fyou have some critics to my message, keep them for the New York Times and The Economist (from London).

The onlt thing I did was to read these articles, and put here some parts of them.

So, don't be angry angaint me, I 'm not at the origin of these texts.

For Comrade :

same things.

All comes from articles of NYT and The Economist.

By "polls", i meant : 144,000 voices for the result, but only 5,352 persons voted ... so, 138,648 voices were not allowed....it was unfair.

for the Detroit's problem, I only said what the NYT said. same thing for the rest of the message...

I am not angry with you, I simply told you that you didn't need to worry. I then asked you questions about your elections and how they insure that they are valid elections. There was no anger in my post at all.

It's amazing how much different this sounds when you get the ENTIRE story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/06/e...&en=112c0f9cbbd3ecf5&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND

HOUSTON, Feb. 5 — Civil rights groups and students at Prairie View A&M University filed a federal suit on Thursday in response to what they say were threats by the local district attorney to prevent students from voting.

The district attorney, Oliver S. Kitzman of Waller County, has said students at Prairie View, a predominantly black university, are not necessarily entitled to vote where they attend school. Students and other voters like military personnel must meet state-mandated residency standards, he said.

Hundreds of students marched last month to protest his position.

On Thursday, the state attorney general, Greg Abbott, issued an opinion that students could vote in their university towns if they designated their campus addresses as residences.

On Wednesday, Mr. Kitzman said that no discrimination had been intended and that he agreed with Mr. Abbott. He repeated that students must meet residency standards.

Yolanda Smith, executive director of the N.A.A.C.P. branch in Houston, 40 miles southeast of Prairie View, said the suit was filed because students feared that Mr. Kitzman would not adhere to the ruling and would prosecute students after they voted.

"That's a fear no student should have to go through," Ms. Smith said.

So, in other words, this was a simple statement about a simple, common law blown out of proportion by some students. Oh yeah, really something to worry about.

Jimmyeatworld said:
It's amazing how much different this sounds when you get the ENTIRE story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/06/e...&en=112c0f9cbbd3ecf5&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND

So, in other words, this was a simple statement about a simple, common law blown out of proportion by some students. Oh yeah, really something to worry about.

You really think that matters? The Democrats are up to something. There is a reason they are trying to pretend these are serious civil rights issues. they are looking to challenge the election results when they lose.

You really think that matters? The Democrats are up to something. There is a reason they are trying to pretend these are serious civil rights issues. they are looking to challenge the election results when they lose.

Well, yeah, I didn't need this to happen to know that. Still, painting the Republican as a racist is nothing new, and it's certainly not what frenchy was making it out to be.

allright no1vote4, no problem ;)

in France, the elctions are sure, because the "Conseil Constitutionnel" insures them (quite like your US Suprem Court, it check that nothing violate the Constitution, all is clear. One of the highest institution of France).
In all the votation office, several persons insure the election's good way.

If there is problems - it is rare - the Conseil Constitutionnel can cancel the results of some votation ofices, or all the full election.

The persons vote with this way :
all the voting-papers of each party are on a table, the person takes all the papers (i'll explain why after) and takes also an envelope (blue, with "République Française" wrote upon), and goes to the polling-booth.
then, the person puts in the envelope the voting-paper of the party she wishes, or nothing, if she doesn't want to vote for somebody (called a "vote blanc", "white vote" ). and then, go to put the envelope with the voting paper into a special box, which is watched by some persons, to "protect" it.

All is respected : the secrecy : nobody can know for who the person votes : all the voting papers were taken, there is an envelope, a polling-booth....

I think that in some US states there is a system with voting-papers, but I believe - I've read - that people check his choice on the paper, all the choices are on the paper.
In France, one paper = one choice.

The copunting is made by persons.
All is made for the protection of the good election.
No problems, it seems to be old for a system, but it is really good, without problems.

that's it ;)

padisha emperor said:
allright no1vote4, no problem ;)

in France, the elctions are sure, because the "Conseil Constitutionnel" insures them (quite like your US Suprem Court, it check that nothing violate the Constitution, all is clear. One of the highest institution of France).
In all the votation office, several persons insure the election's good way.

If there is problems - it is rare - the Conseil Constitutionnel can cancel the results of some votation ofices, or all the full election.

That's an extremely disconcerting power!

The persons vote with this way :
all the voting-papers of each party are on a table, the person takes all the papers (i'll explain why after) and takes also an envelope (blue, with "République Française" wrote upon), and goes to the polling-booth.
then, the person puts in the envelope the voting-paper of the party she wishes, or nothing, if she doesn't want to vote for somebody (called a "vote blanc", "white vote" ). and then, go to put the envelope with the voting paper into a special box, which is watched by some persons, to "protect" it.

So people actually go to the polls to not vote? What's the point of that?

All is respected : the secrecy : nobody can know for who the person votes : all the voting papers were taken, there is an envelope, a polling-booth....

I think that in some US states there is a system with voting-papers, but I believe - I've read - that people check his choice on the paper, all the choices are on the paper.
In France, one paper = one choice.

So one vote for all offices under one party in France?

Seems limited compared to the options available for US voter!

Said1 said:
Yeah, I'll have a conseil constitutionnel with fries, and my friend here will have a burger royal with a coke. :happy2:

I usually have the burger and fries first, then take the constitutional afterwards, meself. :mm:

SAid1, dein Witz war so so lustig !!!! Ich habe so viel lachen, dass jetzt ich bauchschmerzen habe....

But i will not continue to speak in German, even if I like really this language,
I don't want that my post would be erased.

Comrade : in fact, the Conseil Constitutionnel (CC is shorter) can cancel a part of the election, but only when there was a big problem : the sec(recy of the votes was not respect, some people voted under the pressure...all the things who make that the election was not in the regumar forms...
But the CC is also the watcher of the elections' regularities...so, the problems are rare.

It is not a so enormous power, I can not really explain it in english...

So one vote for all offices under one party in France?

Seems limited compared to the options available for US voter!
i have not understand what it means....sorry, can you explain to me ? thanks

So people actually go to the polls to not vote? What's the point of that?

it is not so easy in fact...
When you don't wxant to vote for a candidate, you use this techinc. It is often in the 2nd round, when only 2 (pr 3 it depends of the kind ofelections) persons are in the race.

Because there is a differnece between two situation, even if the result SEEMS be the same : when people don't go to vote, and when people vote, but without poll inside the envelope.IF the person don't go to the office to vote, he doesn't his civic job. if if go to vote, nbut vote for nobody, it is a political choice : it is to express his disagreement.
Another situation : the person take a poll and write on, or put two polls in the envelope : it is not a "white vote", like I've explain, but a worthless vote.
The wortheless votes, the "white votes" and the normal votes are counted to see how many people come to vote. the rest : the abstentionnists

So, a white vote is too express the disagreement with the persons in the race, all the same the people vote and does his job of citizen.

And before, there were an other difference : the white votes were counted for the majority : so, to have more of 50%, it was harder, because it was not only more of 50% of the correct votes, with a poll of a party, but more of 50% of this kind of polls and ALSo the white votes.

the white votes have importance.

;)

padisha emperor said:
SAid1, dein Witz war so so lustig !!!! Ich habe so viel lachen, dass jetzt ich bauchschmerzen habe....

You're not being sarcasic? I was gonna say "Entsprechend Ihrem profil sind sie ausgestattetes nr.? But I thought he might be serious, so I decided not to.:D

Ok, no more German.:)

Forum List

Back