problems with elections.

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
DOn't you think that some system of votations are not so good as people think ?
like the computers, the automatical machines.

There is no papers, so people can not check the votes if there is a problem.
And they can be pirated.

And sometimes, there is big problem : the 11/9 2003, in Virginia, 144,000 polls were calculated, but only 5,352 people voted.....big problem, isn't it ?

some states - California, Washington, Illinois.. - want that from now to 2006, the votations machines will be ready to have a print-machine to print the poll, for the elector.
So, it would be better.

read in : "the Economist", London.

another problem :

the Blacks : in some places, people want to hinder the black population to vote : like in Detroit (80% black population). the republican representant John Pappageorge, said twice that he have to reduce the participation in Detroit.
Because the majority of the blacks votes democrate. So, for Kerry.

in Florida, some old black people receive the visit of cops of the federal police, with guns, to panic them.
In Texas, in the Prairie View A&M University - where there is a lot of blacks - a local republican attorney said to the students that they can't vote in the county of the university, and if they do it, they would be arrested. it is wrong : they can, of they are domicilated in the university.

So, lot of problems with the blacks, because some people want to hinder them, for the elections. it is ugly !

if people has this problem : 1-866-OURVOTE

read in the "New York Times"

padisha emperor said:

And they can be pirated.

And sometimes, there is big problem : the 11/9 2003, in Virginia, 144,000 polls were calculated, but only 5,352 people voted.....big problem, isn't it ?

some states - California, Washington, Illinois.. - want that from now to 2006, the votations machines will be ready to have a print-machine to print the poll, for the elector.
So, it would be better.

another problem :

the Blacks : in some places, people want to hinder the black population to vote : like in Detroit (80% black population). the republican representant John Pappageorge, said twice that he have to reduce the participation in Detroit.

in Florida, some old black people receive the visit of cops of the federal police, with guns, to panic them.
In Texas, in the Prairie View A&M University - where there is a lot of blacks - a local republican attorney said to the students that they can't vote in the county of the university, and if they do it, they would be arrested. it is wrong : they can, of they are domicilated in the university.

So, lot of problems with the blacks, because some people want to hinder them, for the elections. it is ugly !

I would prefer paper ballots but don't worry your litle head about the US election. It will be fair and you need to quit reading propaganda. We even have international observers this year. Does that sastisfy you?

padisha emperor said:

And they can be pirated.

Au contraire, reciepts can be printed!

What do you mean by polls?

So, it would be better.

I agree.

another problem :

And how exactly do you get 80% of the population to suppress themselves in the local voting booths ran by blacks?

And imagine a candidate openly saying that he would 'reduce' blacks in some fundamental way they'd be enraged by! That's just a ridiculous thing to say. I'm sure your quote in flawed... link?

Florida, some old black people receive the visit of cops of the federal police, with guns, to panic them.

Really??? Maybe they were selling crack? Who knows? Got a link?

Are you sure you know our laws enough to say what is and what is not legal by State?

Let me clarify first this is not about voting, but following fair guidelines set out by each state among their permanent residents.

It's simple really. If you don't declare your domicile in the state you don't get to vote there. And naturally they can vote in absentee in their own state. But to demand voting rights for 'temporary' residents would get you two votes, with no one the wiser. Elections are, after all, determined state-by-state w/o cooperation.

So there you have it... no one gets what is effectively two votes. Not even self-entitled out-of-state college students.

You really don't know much about all the problems with Blacks in America, really!

Is that a direct line to Jesse Jackson? :laugh:

Zhukov said:
Guess how many people complained to the FEC or to other authorities that they were disenfranchised in 2000 in Florida and cited their race as the reason.

three

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/08092004.shtml

Indeed, and trust me comrade Zhukov, they'll be no more of that!

I trust now that all of their friends and family 'disappeared' along with themselves, any traitors left in Florida will think twice about voting Kerry if they even vote at all!

Our plan is almost complete, tovarish! Bwwaaaahaha! :laugh:

MtnBiker said:
Why do people use ATMs on a daily basis with confidence on their money transactions?

ATMs give you a receipt.

I have a definite problem with voting machines which do not produce some kind of a paper trail. If there is no hard copy for verification, I wouldn't trust it.

Would you trust an ATM that never gave you any kind of verifiable feedback?

Ok, have those voting machines print receipts.

My homestate uses paper ballots in for elections, I don't get a receipt with that system. I have to trust the poll workers and the county clerk to conduct the election and count properly.

dilloduck said:
I would prefer paper ballots but don't worry your litle head about the US election. It will be fair and you need to quit reading propaganda. We even have international observers this year. Does that sastisfy you?

Bush was the first president to deny international observers in the 2002 elections. =P

:laugh:

Hey but give them credit, they can walk and chew gum though !

Mr. P said:
So? And do ya have a link for that claim?
I wouldn't give a shit if he was the first to deny international observers. What business is it of theirs anyway? They have no authority. I'd also be interested to hear which nations were sending observers because if any are from nations like Cuba or China, they should be the last ones to complain about US elections.

tim_duncan2000 said:
I wouldn't give a shit if he was the first to deny international observers. What business is it of theirs anyway? They have no authority. I'd also be interested to hear which nations were sending observers because if any are from nations like Cuba or China, they should be the last ones to complain about US elections.

I agree, Tim.

padisha emperor said:

And they can be pirated.

So, it would be better.

another problem :

This mostly shows a primary lack of understanding of how our system works. Not only do you have to print a zero receipt at the beginning of polling, that same sheet stays there until the end of voting, therefore one single receipt for all of the voting unbroken is created, each person that comes must sign the voter registration after they have shown ID, they vote and leave there is no way for the election judges to change their results or to even know what their vote was, simply they will not know the results of the votes until the end when polls are closed. If the vote count doesn't match the signatures in the registration book, there would be some serious issues and an investigation would begin, people would be in serious trouble. Signatures are checked against signatures on record, and ID is required by Federal law.

Also, each voting district is run by judges that are from that district, if anybody is denied their vote it is by somebody from their district. If you have a primarily black area 80%, it is almost assured the election judges are black as well and mostly Democratic Party members with some Representation from the other Party when they can find them. You cannot think that Bush would have any power over the Districts in Detroit, as they would primarily be run by Democrats as well.

The elections will be fair. You don't need to worry your French head about our elections at all, unless you are one of the foreign observers at the polls.

Now, what about France, are their elections fair and how do you insure that?

Considering that I am currenty retired (working hard at not working) I have voluntered to work the upcoming elections in Sumner County, Tn. Have not voted here before so this should be really intresting to say the least. Will provide all with an update if I get to work it.

BTW: I don't care what race, color, creed, male, female, old or young just get you butts out there and vote! You don't vote keep your mouth shut.

Semper Fi
THE TOP

In general, I think the only state that Bush can fix is Florida with a partisan governor and election commission.

However, the Diebold machines with their lack of paper balloting worry me. Experts have testified that they can be fixed thru a back door. I think it should be illegal to have an electronic machine that does not provide a receipt of the vote.

vision1 said:
In general, I think the only state that Bush can fix is Florida with a partisan governor and election commission.

I really like the way you pass your prejudices off as objective fact. If you say that the KKK supports Bush or that the election was rigged casually enough, it might just fly - is that the gist of it?

And what about Justice Sandra Day O'Connor - was she partisan, too? When she was trying to determine standards for the clarity of the election process, she asked, "How about the instructions on the BALLOT, for heavens sake?" Wow - what a party hack!

vision1 said:

So how do these officials control the bipartisan observed count, exactly?

If you can clear your head for a moment, you can recall the recounts in Florida were demanded by Democrats after Gore's own concession speech was followed a day later by his demand for legal action to conduct multiple recounts.

The judiciary of Florida weighed in and while it was appealed up the ladder the recounts continued to show Bush winning.

Finally, the Supreme Court of the USA (not in Florida), handed down the ruling that this Democratic legal suit will end based on the state ruling and finally the crisis Gore and the Dems instigated on our Republic was ended, thank God! Media recounts also led to Bush's victory but seriously then, what is it with you people and Florida?

And how could Bush's brother fix it, seriously?

However, the Diebold machines with their lack of paper balloting worry me. Experts have testified that they can be fixed thru a back door. I think it should be illegal to have an electronic machine that does not provide a receipt of the vote.

You know what bothers me, is that the only two states two use these machines so far are California and Maryland, both solidly Democratic states who elected to use such devises by their overly Democratic represented Congresses.

And you're scared of Repulicans?

Forum List

Back