problems with elections.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by padisha emperor, Oct 2, 2004.

1. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    DOn't you think that some system of votations are not so good as people think ?
    like the computers, the automatical machines.

There is no papers, so people can not check the votes if there is a problem.
    And they can be pirated.

And sometimes, there is big problem : the 11/9 2003, in Virginia, 144,000 polls were calculated, but only 5,352 people voted.....big problem, isn't it ?

some states - California, Washington, Illinois.. - want that from now to 2006, the votations machines will be ready to have a print-machine to print the poll, for the elector.
    So, it would be better.

read in : "the Economist", London.

another problem :

the Blacks : in some places, people want to hinder the black population to vote : like in Detroit (80% black population). the republican representant John Pappageorge, said twice that he have to reduce the participation in Detroit.
    Because the majority of the blacks votes democrate. So, for Kerry.

in Florida, some old black people receive the visit of cops of the federal police, with guns, to panic them.
    In Texas, in the Prairie View A&M University - where there is a lot of blacks - a local republican attorney said to the students that they can't vote in the county of the university, and if they do it, they would be arrested. it is wrong : they can, of they are domicilated in the university.

So, lot of problems with the blacks, because some people want to hinder them, for the elections. it is ugly !

if people has this problem : 1-866-OURVOTE

read in the "New York Times"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I would prefer paper ballots but don't worry your litle head about the US election. It will be fair and you need to quit reading propaganda. We even have international observers this year. Does that sastisfy you?

3. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Why do people use ATMs on a daily basis with confidence on their money transactions?

4. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    I see bonehead has a weekend pass from the hospital mental ward.

5. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Guess how many people complained to the FEC or to other authorities that they were disenfranchised in 2000 in Florida and cited their race as the reason.

three

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/08092004.shtml

6. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Au contraire, reciepts can be printed!

What do you mean by polls?

I agree.

And how exactly do you get 80% of the population to suppress themselves in the local voting booths ran by blacks?

And imagine a candidate openly saying that he would 'reduce' blacks in some fundamental way they'd be enraged by! That's just a ridiculous thing to say. I'm sure your quote in flawed... link?

Really??? Maybe they were selling crack? Who knows? Got a link?

Are you sure you know our laws enough to say what is and what is not legal by State?

Let me clarify first this is not about voting, but following fair guidelines set out by each state among their permanent residents.

It's simple really. If you don't declare your domicile in the state you don't get to vote there. And naturally they can vote in absentee in their own state. But to demand voting rights for 'temporary' residents would get you two votes, with no one the wiser. Elections are, after all, determined state-by-state w/o cooperation.

So there you have it... no one gets what is effectively two votes. Not even self-entitled out-of-state college students.

You really don't know much about all the problems with Blacks in America, really!

Is that a direct line to Jesse Jackson? :laugh:

7. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Indeed, and trust me comrade Zhukov, they'll be no more of that!

I trust now that all of their friends and family 'disappeared' along with themselves, any traitors left in Florida will think twice about voting Kerry if they even vote at all!

Our plan is almost complete, tovarish! Bwwaaaahaha! :laugh:

8. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    ATMs give you a receipt.

I have a definite problem with voting machines which do not produce some kind of a paper trail. If there is no hard copy for verification, I wouldn't trust it.

Would you trust an ATM that never gave you any kind of verifiable feedback?

9. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Ok, have those voting machines print receipts.

My homestate uses paper ballots in for elections, I don't get a receipt with that system. I have to trust the poll workers and the county clerk to conduct the election and count properly.

10. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Bush was the first president to deny international observers in the 2002 elections. =P