Problems with AOL

budboomer

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2004
I am having a problem with file attachments that I receive from an AOL sender. I can't open them. I am running win. XP and use outlook for my e-mail.
Anyone else that sends me e-mail with attachments I get with no problem. Any ideas?

need a bit more info.

what mail client are you using?

whats the file attachment?

do you have admin rights on the computer you are using?

budboomer said:
I am having a problem with file attachments that I receive from an AOL sender. I can't open them. I am running win. XP and use outlook for my e-mail.
Anyone else that sends me e-mail with attachments I get with no problem. Any ideas?

I had the same problem with emails from aol user's. I have windows ME. My mom had aol and every time she would send me something with an attachment I could'nt open it. My solution I had my mom switch to earthlink. no more problems! AOL sucks!!!

DKSuddeth said:
need a bit more info.

what mail client are you using?

whats the file attachment?

do you have admin rights on the computer you are using?

Hey DK,
I do have admin. rights on my computer. This is just a home based pc. I use optonline as my isp. It seems that any attachment I get from an aol user I can't open. This same thing happens to a friend of mine that uses the same isp as me and outlook express for his mail. It is a mutual friend of ours that sends us mail using aol.
Thanks for responding.

Ok, most likely its the cause of the aol mail application. It's always been a piece of crap and probably always will be. It hasn't changed much since I used to support version 3 and 4.

DKSuddeth said:
Ok, most likely its the cause of the aol mail application. It's always been a piece of crap and probably always will be. It hasn't changed much since I used to support version 3 and 4.

Aol sucked ten years ago and still sucks today. I don't like even saying "AOL". I got rid of AOL as soon as other isp's became available.
Thanks for your help. I will try to convince my friend to switch to optonline but he is so tight you can stuff a piece of coal up his ass and in two weeks you'll have a dimond.

I never used AOL. I used a local ISP that eventually sold to Earthlink. :D

Go here to see the truth about AOL. WARNING!!! Foul Language. Send away the kiddies.

Outlook doesnt let me open attachments with exe. files attached. I guess it is a security measure. Are the attachments perchance exe. files?

remie said:
Outlook doesnt let me open attachments with exe. files attached. I guess it is a security measure. Are the attachments perchance exe. files?

Nope. Just any attachment from aol. By the way, .exe files are the MOST dangerous to open if you don't know who they came from. Be very cautious.

budboomer said:

Yeah, get rid of AOL and go Optimum!!!!! :p:

Forum List

Back