"Problem uploading picture"?

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
I m trying to upload a simple picture, not very big (604x452, under 50 kB) Can't do it. Get an error message saying "there was a problem uploading the picture" and doesn't specify what the problem is. I've uploaded the same pic before without an issue.

Reduced it from 1024 resolution to 800, Still won't go.

What's going on? Is there some limit that has changed? And if so what is it?

Would be helpful if the error message would specify what the problem is--- but it doesn't.

can you post a link where the picture is?

No, it has no link --- it's an upload. That means it's on my hard drive, not on the 'net.

If I knew a reliable way to search for it I could find my own upload of the same pic from the past but it's been a long time.

Really the question to the site is, "have the parameters changed, and if so what are the new ones?"

No, it has no link --- it's an upload. That means it's on my hard drive, not on the 'net.

If I knew a reliable way to search for it I could find my own upload of the same pic from the past but it's been a long time.

Really the question to the site is, "have the parameters changed, and if so what are the new ones?"

Eureka -- found it.

Let's see if it will paste here.... nope. Can't transfer it but that should be a link to it where I uploaded it before. Same pic.

katrina-cosurvivors-sophie-hector-jpg.48698

Edit --- oops, once I hit 'post' it does show up. Didn't show up in the preview box --- weird.

Would still like to know why it won't upload for future ref.

If its on your computer, you can use the "upload a file". Is that what you did to get the (WAY adorable) photo?

Then it gives you the option for full size.

Yeah, its annoying when the error messages don't explain why its an error.

A pet peeve I have is when they mods combine threads, all it shows is that a thread is closed but doesn't say where to find where they put it. I know I can get to it in other ways but why not just have the closed thread show a new url?

If its on your computer, you can use the "upload a file". Is that what you did to get the (WAY adorable) photo?

Then it gives you the option for full size.

That's what I originally tried to do this morning --- upload it. What's posted above is a copy of a previous time I had uploaded it without a problem. I still cannot upload it now even though I've done it before, same pic.

The pic is Hector (cat) and Sophie (not cat) upon being reunited after months of Katrina separation. It was taken in New Jersey. Sophie had gone to NJ with evacuation; Hector was nowhere to be found when we were leaving New Orleans. When we were finally allowed back in the city that October having no idea what had happened to Hector, as soon as we entered the house he popped up in the window, looking plump and demanding "where the fuck have you two been?" :rofl: Eight feet of water had submerged the house. He didn't even care.

Forum List

Back