Probelms in the country, and this is the best Congress can do...?

Pegg, I seem to have made the watch list too. I think that may be indicative of how few do write and call, at least under their real names.

Apathy will kill our system.

Not so much apathy I think but an unwillingness to criticize and hold our elected official's feet to the fire when they are our own party.

That rabbit hole we all fell down is an upside down place where personal responsibility, shared values, accountability, and general integrity go to the back of the bus while everybody finds somebody - somebody on the other side - to blame for every kind of problem. At the same time we tend to excuse our own or at least refuse to believe they are as bad as those other guys.

Congress shouldn't be concerning itself with misbehavior of sports figures or sports teams or anything else like that. That's probably why they have an approval rating of something like 12% now by some polls; yet too many of us think that is mostly because of the other party, not our own. And most of the time we'll keep right on voting our own guy or gal right back into office too.

I do give my real name, address, and telephone number when I write or call my elected representatives and so far two guys from CHIcago haven't shown up on my front doorstep and I haven't had my taxes audited.

Been saying the same thing. For the life of me I have no clue why Congress involves itself in things like this.

A conservative viewpoint, from a liberal.

We're getting somewhere, folks!

That rabbit hole we all fell down is an upside down place where personal responsibility, shared values, accountability, and general integrity go to the back of the bus while everybody finds somebody - somebody on the other side - to blame for every kind of problem. At the same time we tend to excuse our own or at least refuse to believe they are as bad as those other guys.

No offense Fox, but based upon your posts, it's pretty obvious you haven't been anywhere near the rabbit hole, let alone fallen down it.

I left a message on Specter's web site. We have always voted for him but if he is losing his mind time for change. lol

Not so much apathy I think but an unwillingness to criticize and hold our elected official's feet to the fire when they are our own party.

Congress shouldn't be concerning itself with misbehavior of sports figures or sports teams or anything else like that. That's probably why they have an approval rating of something like 12% now by some polls; yet too many of us think that is mostly because of the other party, not our own. And most of the time we'll keep right on voting our own guy or gal right back into office too.

I do give my real name, address, and telephone number when I write or call my elected representatives and so far two guys from CHIcago haven't shown up on my front doorstep and I haven't had my taxes audited.

We're talking about the 'watch list' at airports. The last 3 times I've flown, get the SSSSSSSSSSSS tickets.

Been saying the same thing. For the life of me I have no clue why Congress involves itself in things like this.

And if anyone thinks that professional atheletes don't ALL use performance enhancing drugs, they're naive.

But at least our representatives got to hang with Roger Clemens, right? :rolleyes:

Yea I agree with all of you. Why the hell is my elected leaders worrying and spending my money on this sh*&?! Clean house and put in people who actually make sense!

We're talking about the 'watch list' at airports. The last 3 times I've flown, get the SSSSSSSSSSSS tickets.

Once is not that uncommon as agents are required to designate random selected passengers for extra scrutiny. So yeah, unless you are one of those people so special that you are just automatically noticed in any setting, I would think getting SSSSSS stamped on your ticket/boarding pass three times in a row would raise some questions in my mind. Do you have an unusual name?

Once is not that uncommon as agents are required to designate random selected passengers for extra scrutiny. So yeah, unless you are one of those people so special that you are just automatically noticed in any setting, I would think getting SSSSSS stamped on your ticket/boarding pass three times in a row would raise some questions in my mind. Do you have an unusual name?

Not at all. Three times makes me think something is up.

It's not only random. Airlines put a code on a boarding pass, TSA sees the code and the passengers designated get extra screening. So, yes, there are random checks, but there's sometimes more going on.

I left a message on Specter's web site. We have always voted for him but if he is losing his mind time for change. lol

I have to admit, as a rabid Packers fan, and someone who HATES all this cheating, I'd thoroughly enjoy seeing Congress get involved. Why not? They're up to their ears in baseball. But I agree, my personal enjoyment aside, they should be sticking their noses in either.

Congress is once again meddling in affairs not thier own. That's what happens when people don't call em out on violations of the limits set by the Constitution.

I write so often that I doubt my rep actually sees the mail anymore. It's like writing the President. The screeners are the ones actually with the power.

I wonder about an actual physical letter specifically marked "Personal" or "eyes only" with the reps name?

Every time I fly I get screened. I growl at the screeners and make snide comments about being casper white and retired from the service. I once asked a screener why he didn't bother to shave and square away his uniform before coming in to check my socks and underwear. He was not amused.

Journalist Sarah Mcgregor wrote for Inter Press Service 17 February 2008:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The United States, Tanzania's largest donor, will contribute 662 million dollars to the East African nation this year, according to a fact sheet supplied by the U.S. embassy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we borrow $662 million from China to give to Tanzania. And our children, and grand children will have to pay this all back, with interest.

Doncha just luv it...

That's what happenes when the Democrat's control the House and Senate.

Says the idiot who's supporting the most liberal republican in congress.

You are still supporting McCain, right? I mean, it's a new week Nevada. That usually means a new candidate for you.

LOL. You support Duncan Hunter and John McCain together. That's rich. One will close our borders, and one will open them wide and let illegals become Americans as a present for breaking our national law.

You went from Tancredo, one of THE toughest on illegal immigration, to John McCain, one of the biggest pussies on that issue.

It's amazing to me that actual registered political organizations let you work for them.

Forum List

Back