Probelms in the country, and this is the best Congress can do...?

JeffWartman

Jul 13, 2006
Suburban Chicago
From http://www.jeffwartman.com

...Facts:
(a) Our freedoms are slipping away
(b) Americans are dying in a war which has been proven to be based on untruths
(c) The government continues to spend the American people's money, and to borrow money on the American people's tab. We, the American people, have a nearly $10 TRILLION debt on our shoulders based on the actions of criminals and liars who we call Congressmen.

And the best use of Congress' time is to grill Roger Clemens on whether he took a prescription drug without a prescription? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Repeat that to yourself: The Congress of the United States just had a hearing, at a cost of nearly a million dollars, over whether a private citizen took a prescription drug without a prescription. I'd hate to see what would happen if we had a Congressional hearing every time a drug addict member of the Bush family, or the drug addicted Kennedy family, got high.

And now Arlen Specter wants a Congressional hearing over whether the Patriots cheated?

Wow. Just wow. Our privacy is gone. No more rights. $10 Trillion dollars of debt on the American people's shoulders. 4000 Americans are dead based on an untruth. And this is the best that Congress can do. Your tax money at work!...

Its great isn't it? Congress going after a bunch of athletes who are pumping steroids, questioning the NFL on filmgate. I feel like I'm living in Alice in Wonderland.

Where does stupidity fit in?

I wonder if they really think their tuff action on sports will take our minds off all the other shit they are ignoring?

We the voters are to blame for the state of this country because enough of us weren't paying close enough attention. Do you write letters to your representatives? Did you complain to the education authorities when history and the constitution were scaled back in school? Did you vote for the real candidate of your choice or did you capitulate and vote for the lesser of two evils in your state's primary this year, thus insuring that evil would win? All these affect our country's condition. It takes true grit to save one's country.

This year there will be the biggest number of seats in both houses of congress at stake for awhile, so if you don't like your current congressperson or senator, vote him/her out if the opposition is at least half-way decent and holds your views. Research them, because one can find more voting records and information on a candidate than ever before. Don't listen to what others say about a candidate, except as a starting point in researching them.

No shit. :clap2:

beem asking the same questions. Since when is it Congress's business to stick its nose into professional sports.

Congress makes the laws and the President signs them into law. It is up to Federal and local law enforcement to investigate and enforce the laws. If they're guilty, burn 'em and be done with it. If not, let them go. Either way, this is a law enforcement issue and NOT a Congressional one.

Honestly dude, I think we're teetering between Dependency and Tyranny.

Teetering you say????????????:eusa_drool:

TYRANNY HAS BEEN MORE THAN PROVEN................old Tom has to be grinding his teeth in disgust!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

The freakin' congress can't find ANYTHING that they REALLY want to do anything about.....................I agree with a march on Washington............WITH TEABAGS AND PINK SLIPS FOR ALL................Who the hell's running this circus.......................AND WHERE IN THE IS BOZO AGAIN............................He better not be out back burning one with the Fat lady!:eusa_drool: :eusa_think:

No shit. :clap2:

beem asking the same questions. Since when is it Congress's business to stick its nose into professional sports.

Congress makes the laws and the President signs them into law. It is up to Federal and local law enforcement to investigate and enforce the laws. If they're guilty, burn 'em and be done with it. If not, let them go. Either way, this is a law enforcement issue and NOT a Congressional one.

Been saying the same thing. For the life of me I have no clue why Congress involves itself in things like this.

And if anyone thinks that professional atheletes don't ALL use performance enhancing drugs, they're naive.

But at least our representatives got to hang with Roger Clemens, right? :rolleyes:

Congress has become an absolute disgrace. When they do get to something important we just the same dog and ponie how and things get covered up and nothing really gets done. With everything going on in the world and in our government its a total disgrace to spend 5 minutes on baseball.

Here is some more time wasted this time by Specter.

What a bunch of losing buttwads on both sides.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

"There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

Specter said Goodell gave him that information during the 1-hour, 40-minute meeting, which was requested by Specter so the commissioner could explain his reasons for destroying the Spygate tapes and notes.

YOu have more privacy than any people in any nation on earth...right now.

You have more rights than any people on earth....right now.

Net Assets sit at 57.5 TRILLION dollars in the US. This INCLUDES the national debt AND all mortgages, credit cards and any other liabilities. And assets continue to grow faster than debt, no matter what the media would have you believe.

But if you want to believe your own crap, go out into your garage, close the doors, fire up your car and just go to sleep.

It's both parties -- the more ridiculous investigation is Specter's interest in the Patriots Spygate scandal. Idiocy is bipartisan in Washington these days.

Both are crooked, both have their own special interest, both spend more money than they take in....We the People should throw them out and return power to the People....We work until April each year before we make one red cent....and the best our government gives us is 9.3 trillion dollars in debt and we talk of a war that could last a 100 years and an universal health care system......Defecit spending at it's best...we as taxpayers paid 480 billion dollars in interest payments on the national debt

Originally Posted by LordBrownTrout
I feel like I'm living in Alice in Wonderland.
You are.

Nope, Wonderland had a queen that held folks accountable. Off with her head!

We the voters are to blame for the state of this country because enough of us weren't paying close enough attention. Do you write letters to your representatives? Yup. I write enough that they now have me on the ol watch list. Did you complain to the education authorities when history and the constitution were scaled back in school? .. and beefed about the weakness of tests, the lack of competition, the handholding and feel good counselors, the double standard applied between athletes and non, and on and on. Did you vote for the real candidate of your choice or did you capitulate and vote for the lesser of two evils in your state's primary this year, thus insuring that evil would win? My primary isn't here yet. And, you can read all about it at the links in my sig. Go for it, I dare ya. All these affect our country's condition. It takes true grit to save one's country.

This year there will be the biggest number of seats in both houses of congress at stake for awhile, so if you don't like your current congressperson or senator, vote him/her out if the opposition is at least half-way decent and holds your views. Research them, because one can find more voting records and information on a candidate than ever before. Don't listen to what others say about a candidate, except as a starting point in researching them.

All great points. Problem is that Americans are apathetic. They are accustomed to problems being solved in 21 minutes of a half hour show.

Nope, Wonderland had a queen that held folks accountable. Off with her head!

All great points. Problem is that Americans are apathetic. They are accustomed to problems being solved in 21 minutes of a half hour show.

Pegg, I seem to have made the watch list too. I think that may be indicative of how few do write and call, at least under their real names.

Apathy will kill our system.

Forum List

Back