probably tastless humor, couldn't help myself

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Semi-News: Senator Kennedy Offers to Plug at Least One Hole in the New Orleans Levee
AZCONSERVATIVE ^ | August 9, 2005 | John Semmens

Posted on 09/09/2005 1:05:18 PM PDT by John Semmens

Shocked by the widespread suffering of those displaced from their homes by the flooding in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina, Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) offered to plug one of the holes in the Lake Pontchartrain levee with his own ample body.

“The Bush Administration has failed to stem the tide of this cataclysm,” said Kennedy. “I have had some experience with aquatic mishaps. This experience will bolster me in this hour of desperation as I plug one of the leaks myself.”

Kennedy has arranged to have the Air Force transport him by helicopter and lower him into the easternmost breach in the levee. The hope is that the senator’s doughy frame will be pliable enough to conform to the hole’s dimensions and halt or, at least slow, the flow of water from the lake into the city.

President Bush praised Senator Kennedy’s decision. “I think it’s mighty big of him to offer so much for the good of the country,” said Bush. “There aren’t many who could fill such a large role in this disaster.”

Not everyone favors restoring the levee. Both Disney and Turner Communications expressed interest in turning New Orleans into a giant theme park. Disney has drawn up preliminary plans for an attraction it has tentatively labeled “Disasterland.” Tourists could purchase helicopter rides to view the carnage, loot stores and fish souvenirs out of the muck. Turner plans similar tourist activities, but calls its attraction “Underwater World.” Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco is reportedly considering these proposals.

In other news, Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro has also offered aid. “The Cuban people know how to build boats out of any scrap material,” said Castro. “There are already more than a million volunteers who want to go to America and teach the flood victims this skill.”

(Excerpt) Read more at azconservative.org ...

Teddy reminds me of a Weeble.

You know...Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

Perfect to plug the levee.

Stephanie said:
Semi-News: Senator Kennedy Offers to Plug at Least One Hole in the New Orleans Levee
AZCONSERVATIVE ^ | August 9, 2005 | John Semmens

Posted on 09/09/2005 1:05:18 PM PDT by John Semmens

Shocked by the widespread suffering of those displaced from their homes by the flooding in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina, Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) offered to plug one of the holes in the Lake Pontchartrain levee with his own ample body.

“The Bush Administration has failed to stem the tide of this cataclysm,” said Kennedy. “I have had some experience with aquatic mishaps. This experience will bolster me in this hour of desperation as I plug one of the leaks myself.”

Kennedy has arranged to have the Air Force transport him by helicopter and lower him into the easternmost breach in the levee. The hope is that the senator’s doughy frame will be pliable enough to conform to the hole’s dimensions and halt or, at least slow, the flow of water from the lake into the city.

President Bush praised Senator Kennedy’s decision. “I think it’s mighty big of him to offer so much for the good of the country,” said Bush. “There aren’t many who could fill such a large role in this disaster.”

Not everyone favors restoring the levee. Both Disney and Turner Communications expressed interest in turning New Orleans into a giant theme park. Disney has drawn up preliminary plans for an attraction it has tentatively labeled “Disasterland.” Tourists could purchase helicopter rides to view the carnage, loot stores and fish souvenirs out of the muck. Turner plans similar tourist activities, but calls its attraction “Underwater World.” Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco is reportedly considering these proposals.

In other news, Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro has also offered aid. “The Cuban people know how to build boats out of any scrap material,” said Castro. “There are already more than a million volunteers who want to go to America and teach the flood victims this skill.”

(Excerpt) Read more at azconservative.org ...

Thank you that was funny.

fuzzykitten99 said:
the photo looks like ted kennedy, but the article says Edward K...am i the only one confused?

Teddie=Edward. I dont know why they interchange them.

Forum List

Back