probably tastless humor, couldn't help myself

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stephanie, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Semi-News: Senator Kennedy Offers to Plug at Least One Hole in the New Orleans Levee
    AZCONSERVATIVE ^ | August 9, 2005 | John Semmens

Posted on 09/09/2005 1:05:18 PM PDT by John Semmens

Shocked by the widespread suffering of those displaced from their homes by the flooding in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina, Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) offered to plug one of the holes in the Lake Pontchartrain levee with his own ample body.

“The Bush Administration has failed to stem the tide of this cataclysm,” said Kennedy. “I have had some experience with aquatic mishaps. This experience will bolster me in this hour of desperation as I plug one of the leaks myself.”

Kennedy has arranged to have the Air Force transport him by helicopter and lower him into the easternmost breach in the levee. The hope is that the senator’s doughy frame will be pliable enough to conform to the hole’s dimensions and halt or, at least slow, the flow of water from the lake into the city.

President Bush praised Senator Kennedy’s decision. “I think it’s mighty big of him to offer so much for the good of the country,” said Bush. “There aren’t many who could fill such a large role in this disaster.”

Not everyone favors restoring the levee. Both Disney and Turner Communications expressed interest in turning New Orleans into a giant theme park. Disney has drawn up preliminary plans for an attraction it has tentatively labeled “Disasterland.” Tourists could purchase helicopter rides to view the carnage, loot stores and fish souvenirs out of the muck. Turner plans similar tourist activities, but calls its attraction “Underwater World.” Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco is reportedly considering these proposals.

In other news, Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro has also offered aid. “The Cuban people know how to build boats out of any scrap material,” said Castro. “There are already more than a million volunteers who want to go to America and teach the flood victims this skill.”

(Excerpt) Read more at azconservative.org ...

2. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Hey, Teddy can solve two problems at once- all the alcohol in his blood can be used to simultaneously kill all the bacteria in the water.

3. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Teddy reminds me of a Weeble.

You know...Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

Perfect to plug the levee.

4. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    the photo looks like ted kennedy, but the article says Edward K...am i the only one confused?

5. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40

Thank you that was funny.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Teddie=Edward. I dont know why they interchange them.