Pro or Anti-Christian Bias - It is up to you

Originally posted by NewGuy
I never said it should be IMPOSED on anyone, did I?

I was stating it needs to be used to IDENTIFY which is how it states it SHOULD be used. People have a choice wether to follow it or not. They live with the consequences for their decisions.

1. Again, mandating or disallowing is not the issue here.
2. You need a government and history lesson. The Constitution grants you freedom, it does not regulate behavior.

On top of that, the Bible IS the higher authority the Constitution came from.

Okay. So the Bible says Homosexuality is a sin. Well. Many people understand that. So what? Other books say other things about it. No one is required to believe the Bible. I thought that you advocated creating rules and laws based on the Bible.

I stand corrected. Let us replace state and federal laws with the Bible. but I see that this is not what you advocate. You advocate identifying people/behavior based on the Bible.

I guess the Bible is the higher authority the Constitution came from but then the Constitution changed. Originally it didn't consider Blacks to be fully human. The Bible condoned slavery.

I think I'm beginning to understand you.

Originally posted by mattskramer
Okay. So the Bible says Homosexuality is a sin. Well. Many people understand that. So what? Other books say other things about it. No one is required to believe the Bible. I thought that you advocated creating rules and laws based on the Bible.

Again, I advocate BEHAVIOR based on the Biblical dictation of proper behavior. I advocate the identification and condemning of sin as dictated by the Bible.

Let us replace state and federal laws with the Bible. but I see that this is not what you advocate. You advocate identifying people/behavior based on the Bible.

I guess the Bible is the higher authority the Constitution came from but then the Constitution changed. Originally it didn't consider Blacks to be fully human. The Bible condoned slavery.

Actually, you are quite wrong again. The Bible neither condemned not condoned slavery. It was an economic reality, and it was something that could be purchased or earned out of. The fact the Constitution didn't adress slavery as such a thing let people be corrupt in their ways and there should have been laws passed against the corruption.

On top of all that, when the founding documents claim that all people are "created equal" it really does end up slavery being illegal.

As far as the Constitution changing to not be Biblically based anymore, that is a function of a few things:

1. a morally bankrupt society
2. the ammendments being used to CHANGE instead of CLARIFY the Constitution which is illegal and unconstitutional.

"Again, I advocate BEHAVIOR based on the Biblical dictation of proper behavior. I advocate the identification and condemning of sin as dictated by the Bible."

Please be specific. In what way to you advocate behavior based on the Biblical definition of behavior. Do advocate recommending that homosexuals change or do you advocate creating laws mandating that people not engage in homosexual behavior? Which is it?

Please be specific. In what way to you advocate behavior based on the Biblical definition of behavior. Do advocate recommending that homosexuals change or do you advocate creating laws mandating that people not engage in homosexual behavior? Which is it?

I cannot type sign language, and I cannot macro all of my responses.

You really SHOULD read my posts.

The problem here is that you avoid God's law which allows condemning the practices that are sins. Man's law should never concone nor accept the behavior. There may not be a law specifically against it as that would intrude on the basic set of freedoms, but to not call the sin sin and oppose its practice verbally IS condoning it.

I know you are trying to turn the tables and make ME look like the person unable to keep their position in one place, but you won't be able to do that. We have many threads and many posts of mine that will attest to that.

Originally posted by NewGuy
I cannot type sign language, and I cannot macro all of my responses.

You really SHOULD read my posts.

I know you are trying to turn the tables and make ME look like the person unable to keep their position in one place, but you won't be able to do that. We have many threads and many posts of mine that will attest to that.

LOL. Come on. It is a simple and straight forward question. Because of the Bible, would you advocate simply recommending that people not engage in homosexual activity or do you advocate outlawing such behavior. You won't give a straight answer because you and I both know that it comes down to imposing Biblical advise on American citizens. Enough of this ducking and dodging.

LOL. Come on. It is a simple and straight forward question. Because of the Bible, would you advocate simply recommending that people not engage in homosexual activity or do you advocate outlawing such behavior. You won't give a straight answer because you and I both know that it comes down to imposing Biblical advise on American citizens. Enough of this ducking and dodging.

1. I have answered your question several times. You know it too. You just want to be annoying.

2. If I was against imposing Biblical perspective, I wouldn't speak it would I? I am against GOVERNMENT imposing it. The fact that I have said this numerous times numerous ways does not do you justice.

The Bible clearly dictates the proper way to spread the Word and how to behave. All of us fall short of perfection, but the outline and examples are Biblically listed for all to follow. Government mandate is forceful mandate and this WOULD put America on par with catholocism and crusades which you would probably equate to Christianity anyway.

Now that you have had fun with this, what have we achieved here?:p:

Forum List

Back