Pro-lifers against abortion but yet turn a blind eye on world's starving children

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by 777, Mar 15, 2009.

1. 777

777 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Is this perplexing?
    pro-lifers spend much time, money and energy to try to ban abortions in the hopes of saving potential lifes.
    Yet, I do not see them fighting to protect the poor children that are already in this world. There are so many needy ones who are starving, sold to slavery, dying of diseases, homeless, abused ...
    How about if we take care of those who are already here before focusing our energies on pregnancies that may never be (spontaneous abortions) or not wanted in the first place by the parents?
    I don't get it, really. Aren't the priorities kind of screwed? I would love to hear from the pro-lifers who choose to fight against abortion but yet do not bother to help the desperate children, even just here in the USA.
    How about taking your energy, your checkbooks and your good intentions and put them to good use that actually can have a real impact today on a child in your neighborhood or in the ghettos of the big cities?

2. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    That's not necessarily true. I'm opposed to abortion and I also do what I can to fight poverty, starvation, and the like by donating money (religious requirement) and participating in organizations.

3. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    Oh, you "do not see"? Where are you looking? List for us PRECISELY what your sources are for evidence that pro-lifers don't fight to protect poor children in the world. EXACTLY what are your stats showing that they do nothing for children already here? Where do they come from?

How about before you tell us where to put our energy, checkbooks, and intentions, YOU put your proof where your fat mouth is? Otherwise, how about you put your bullshit where the sun don't shine?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    how about if we turn this around? I would like to hear from YOU who say you are helping children by throwing money at them while supporting the crushing babies' skulls all the while.

How does that feel?

5. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    I'm pro choice, but my wife is pro life. She doesn't spend any "time, money and energy to try to ban abortions". It influences the way she votes, but only to a degree and not to the exclusion of all other issues. She has often given money to charities that help disadvantaged children, both locally and abroad.

I'm not sure why you believe that one sensitivity must automatically preclude another.

6. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Are you saying Obama should have been aborted?

7. Inferno

Inferno boatwoman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    They also ture a blind eye to the fact that these same fetus that have protected so are the troops dying in the fiasco in Iraq that they for the most part support. They just like to think that being anti abortion is providing cannon fodder for very bad conflicts.

8. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    pigeon-hole much?

9. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    While I appreciate your valiant efforts at being both holier-than-thou and ignorantly self-satisfied, this post makes very little sense in English, which I think is the language you're attempting to use here.

I'll respond just as soon as you post something other than gibberish.

10. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    Those tortured, convoluted sentences are what you get when you try to take the moral high ground in defense of a truly heinous position.