Pro Life Stall At Local Showgrounds

Folks - just a quick reminder that this is CDZ. The topic is less the rights or wrongs of abortion than it is the appropriateness of pro-life or pro-choice booths at public family events.

That may be, but she opened the door with her last graph,

"I am firmly pro choice, but if a pro choice group set up there I would feel the same outrage as I don't believe a venue attended by children should be dominated by people pushing their beliefs on others.

Opinions?"

She's in effect linking her pro-choice position to opposing a pro-life venue at an event with children. She's not opposing poltics at a child's event then but rather pro-life stands at a children's event while simultaneously expressing her own counter-position. Rebuttals from the anti-abortion side are thus perfectly fair.

If she wanted to simply discuss the appropriateness of such a booth at a fair with kids she should have left her position out of it.

When it is born.
So at 1 minute before birth of a child you would support abortion? You are aware of course that at 16 weeks a child is viable? And can live outside the womb?

You are aware of course that at 16 weeks a child is viable? And can live outside the womb

Complete and utter nonsense!

The earliest documented survival is 21 weeks and even then the survival rate is less than 1%.

With all due respect, if it were you you'd want that 1% chance. Or even if your own child.

There is 0% at 16 weeks.

To be brutally honest I would not go for the 1% chance at 21 weeks for my own child. The odds of burdening my own child with all of the serious physical and mental health complications that come with premature births is something that I would not want to live with.

We are more compassionate about the quality of life of our pets than we are about ourselves. There is something fundamentally wrong with this "life at all costs" mentality. If I end up with Alzheimers I want to be put out of misery rather than have my loved ones changing the diapers on the body of someone who is no longer there.

That is just me. I don't speak for anyone else in this regard but quality of life trumps quantity of life in my opinion.

I think of it in terms of how others (like aliens) would judge us if we kill our own. "Well we were gonna make peaceful contact, but look how barbarous they are. Let's just wipe em out."

Natural abortions occur by several factors greater than induced abortions. We kill animals for sport. We murder and rape and go to war against each other.

We are barbarians to an advanced alien species.

So your argument about abortions is meaningless unless you are going to impose world peace at the same time.

Please don't forget to drop by from time to time and let us know how that is working out for you.

In the meantime I prefer to work on what is pragmatic and effective which is to provide both free access to contraception and sex education. Those efforts are actually producing results when it comes to reducing the incidence of abortions.

Folks - just a quick reminder that this is CDZ. The topic is less the rights or wrongs of abortion than it is the appropriateness of pro-life or pro-choice booths at public family events.

That may be, but she opened the door with her last graph,

"I am firmly pro choice, but if a pro choice group set up there I would feel the same outrage as I don't believe a venue attended by children should be dominated by people pushing their beliefs on others.

Opinions?"

She's in effect linking her pro-choice position to opposing a pro-life venue at an event with children. She's not opposing poltics at a child's event then but rather pro-life stands at a children's event while simultaneously expressing her own counter-position. Rebuttals from the anti-abortion side are thus perfectly fair.

If she wanted to simply discuss the appropriateness of such a booth at a fair with kids she should have left her position out of it.

Mmm..she's stating that she would feel the same way if it was a pro-choice booth and I can understand that. I am also pro-choice and I would feel squeemish about the appropriateness of either at a childrens event - an area where I feel politics should not really intrude. And I might even (as I did here) state my own position to show that I don't care whether it's pro life or choice - it might not be appropriate. In this case - it seems that there was no pro-choice booth to use as an example.

I'd agree with her about it being inappropriate and use this very thread as proof-of-concept. :) It's impossible to discuss abortion without things coming up little ears don't need plagueing their dreams.

So abortion is off limits in the CDZ? Why?

So abortion is off limits in the CDZ? Why?

Of course not. Abortion has been a topic before. But we like to keep topics somewhat on track in the CDZ and the OP itself was less about abortion than the issue of whether it belonged in a childrens event. If you have questions - pm one of the staff.

I hope you leftist abort all of your children. That makes me happy and feel good. ;) We will keep having children and raising them to have common fucking sense.

Liberals don't like having children.

tfr-us-by-lib-cons-30-43_zpsc6f54b2b.png
Yes, because a shortage of people is a really big problem right now.

Please spread that news to all the liberals who love immigration. Educate those ignorant Clampetts.
I'm pretty sure the Clampetts voted republican.

Forum List

Back