pro-life people, is abortion okay here?

Two brothers charged with molesting 10-year-old girl | ajc.com

A 10 year old was raped by two family members (incest) and impregnated, she got an abortion. Was she wrong? Should a ten year old have to carry a baby to term?

According to the Pro-Life fanatics this child should have carried the "baby" to term, she aborted the "baby" therefor she committed murder. I'm only repeating what the pro-life wack jobs believe. No pro-lifer can condone what this "10 year-old" woman did, she's a muderess plain and simple.

The above comments are of course made in jest however the crazies, people like the ConHog, believe it.

Want to bet on this board right now that I have never said that

A) abortion is murder
B) abortion shouldn't be allowed in the case of incest and or rape, as well as when the mother's life could be jeopardized by the pregnancy? Which this particular case would be all three.

I'm willing to make it a loser leaves town bet....... I'll give you 45 minutes to find a quote from me anywhere refuting what I just wrote.

Fetal alcohol syndrome definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms easily defined on MedTerms

Fetal alcohol syndrome: The sum total of the damage done to the child before birth as a result of the mother drinking alcohol during pregnancy. Fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) always involves brain damage, impaired growth, and head and face abnormalities.

Children | Define Children at Dictionary.com

child   /tʃaɪld/ Show Spelled[chahyld] Show IPA
–noun, plural chil·dren.
1. a person between birth and full growth; a boy or girl: books for children.
2. a son or daughter: All my children are married.
3. a baby or infant.
4. a human fetus.
5. a childish person: He's such a child about money.
6. a descendant: a child of an ancient breed.
7. any person or thing regarded as the product or result of particular agencies, influences, etc.: Abstract art is a child of the 20th century.
8. a person regarded as conditioned or marked by a given circumstance, situation, etc.: a child of poverty; a child of famine.
9. British Dialect Archaic . a female infant.
10. Archaic . childe.

Fetal Homicide State Laws

Alabama*
Ala. Code § 13A-6-1 (2006) defines person for the purpose of criminal homicide or assaults. The law defines person to include an unborn child in utero at any stage of development, regardless of viability and specifies that nothing in this act shall make it a crime to perform or obtain an abortion that is otherwise legal.

Sangha... I agree... if abortion is murder... it is murder in every case.

I have stated that.... so I am not a hypocrite in this matter. You may not like or agree with my view, but I am not a hypocrite.

ConHog,

Obviously my comment was beyond your comprehension. I simply used you as the example of a crazie who believes abortion is wrong in all instances. Read it real slow ConHog maybe you'll understand it.

So you didn't answer my question at all. I'll repeat it since I guess you missed it the first time I asked it.

So who do you propose takes care of this baby when its born?

Not that I would ever advocate she have the child, as a 10 year old is very likely to suffer complications, but I find it funny you can not even seem to conceive of the concept of Adoption and keep asking that same question as if the only option in any situation is either kill the baby or you have to raise it. If there is no threat to the woman's life to have the child, I would hope people would at least consider Adoption before simply killing it.

Right because there aren't enough kids in the world today who have no parents or family. Lets add more. That's a solid solution.

Pretty typical response from a pro abortion person. Maybe if adoption laws were a little less expensive to negotiate there would be a lot less kids without parents.

I have stated that.... so I am not a hypocrite in this matter. You may not like or agree with my view, but I am not a hypocrite.

Sangha,

If your wife or daughter were gang=raped and became pregnant would you permit her to have an abortion or would you tell her to carry it to term?

This is just another dishonest trick from the loons. No different than trying to claim that the vast majority of abortions performed in this country aren't simply birth control, when obviously they are.

So pro-life people are willing to "murder" an unborn child. I guess they're not so pro-life after all

And every abortion is birth control. Only a moron, like you, would think it's not birth control.

There are two sides to the abortion debate, you are either pro abortion or anti abortion. The other labels that keep popping up, ie pro life and pro choice are just political slogans to pander to emotions. People can easily have a position on the abortion issue that opposes abortion in most cases, but recognizes that there is a medical need for it in some cases. You do not get to label your opponents as hypocrites my applying labels to them and then claiming they are not following your labels. My biggest problem is that pro abortion side routinely lies about their position, and then claims the other side is hypocritical because they do not fit the false labels opposed upon them.

I would also like to point out that you often praise the ability of your side to have their own opinions, to bad you do not allow your opponents the same options. Are you actually afraid to debate with people who can demonstrate an ability to think for themselves?

No. It all boils down to being pro Constitution or anti Constitution. Either you are a strict conservative and believe in limiting the power of government or you want a liberal interpretation to allow government more power.
A liberal interpretation of the Constitution gives the power to government to stop SOME women, and allow the wealthy ones, from having an abortion.
A strict conservative never wants to give power to government, which always abuses it, and take away the rights of the people.

ConHog,

Obviously my comment was beyond your comprehension. I simply used you as the example of a crazie who believes abortion is wrong in all instances. Read it real slow ConHog maybe you'll understand it.

Well, I already knew you were stupid, but why would you use someone who doesn't beleive what you are saying as an example of anything? I mean what you just did is about like me using Obama as an example of someone who believes in fiscal responsibility. It doesn't make sense.

sangha assumed:
Another conservative who is OK with killing an unborn even though they believe God says it's wrong to do so

Careful there, Sangha. You've allowed your prejudices about people who question abortion to get the better of you. I never mentioned anything about God or whether or not s/he should be involved in the abortion debate. In fact, I consider myself a libertarian - you've pretty much gotten every single thing about me wrong by assuming based on a very short post...and made yourself look like a bit of an ass in the process.

What I asked was - if I am willing to say that ending a life in its very earliest stages should be legal is some circumstances...why can't people at least acknowledge that they are, in fact, ending a life?

Now, take a deep breath and try again...without the thinly-veiled prejudices regarding Conservatives and Christians.

ConHog,

Leave it alone my son it is beyond your intellectual capacity. I will continue to pray for your soul.

Hail Mary,
ex-Fr. Yukon

Sangha,

If your wife or daughter were gang=raped and became pregnant would you permit her to have an abortion or would you tell her to carry it to term?

You should learn to read. I support abortion on demand

So pro-life people are willing to "murder" an unborn child. I guess they're not so pro-life after all

And every abortion is birth control. Only a moron, like you, would think it's not birth control.

There are two sides to the abortion debate, you are either pro abortion or anti abortion. The other labels that keep popping up, ie pro life and pro choice are just political slogans to pander to emotions. People can easily have a position on the abortion issue that opposes abortion in most cases, but recognizes that there is a medical need for it in some cases. You do not get to label your opponents as hypocrites my applying labels to them and then claiming they are not following your labels. My biggest problem is that pro abortion side routinely lies about their position, and then claims the other side is hypocritical because they do not fit the false labels opposed upon them.

I would also like to point out that you often praise the ability of your side to have their own opinions, to bad you do not allow your opponents the same options. Are you actually afraid to debate with people who can demonstrate an ability to think for themselves?

No. It all boils down to being pro Constitution or anti Constitution. Either you are a strict conservative and believe in limiting the power of government or you want a liberal interpretation to allow government more power.
A liberal interpretation of the Constitution gives the power to government to stop SOME women, and allow the wealthy ones, from having an abortion.
A strict conservative never wants to give power to government, which always abuses it, and take away the rights of the people.

what are you babbling about? if we wanted a strict Constitutional view of it, then we need a SCTOUS ruling on when exactly is a fetus a human being and anything after that point is murder period. We will NEVER get that because then we will be in a situation where some women aren't allowed to terminate babies produced by rape or incest, or when it is a danger to the mother. In the meantime women who simply use abortion as a just in case method of birth control take advantage of that fact.

It's that simple, and arguing either way doesn't make sense.

ConHog,

Leave it alone my son it is beyond your intellectual capacity. I will continue to pray for your soul.

Hail Mary,
ex-Fr. Yukon

In other words , you dont have the balls to admit you made shit up about me? LOL what happened to your balls did one of your 8 y/o rape victims bite them off?

No, THE definition is different than yours

Actually, the definition is different than Wikipedia's.

Main Entry: child
Pronunciation: \ˈchī(-ə)ld\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural chil·dren \ˈchil-drən, -dərn\
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English cild; akin to Gothic kilthei womb, and perhaps to Sanskrit jaṭhara belly
Date: before 12th century
1 a : an unborn or recently born person b dialect : a female infant
2 a : a young person especially between infancy and youth b : a childlike or childish person c : a person not yet of age
3usually childe \ˈchī(-ə)ld\ archaic : a youth of noble birth
4 a : a son or daughter of human parents b : descendant
5 : one strongly influenced by another or by a place or state of affairs
6 : product, result <barbed wire…is truly a child of the plains — W. P. Webb>
— child·less \&#712;ch&#299;(-&#601;)l(d)-l&#601;s\ adjective
— child·less·ness noun
— with child : pregnant

Child - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

But keep spouting your erroneous one, it adds so much credibility to your opponents.

Rule of thumb for you in the future: If you have to lie to make your point, your point is probably wrong.

sangha assumed:
Another conservative who is OK with killing an unborn even though they believe God says it's wrong to do so

Careful there, Sangha. You've allowed your prejudices about people who question abortion to get the better of you. I never mentioned anything about God or whether or not s/he should be involved in the abortion debate. In fact, I consider myself a libertarian - you've pretty much gotten every single thing about me wrong by assuming based on a very short post...and made yourself look like a bit of an ass in the process.

What I asked was - if I am willing to say that ending a life in its very earliest stages should be legal is some circumstances...why can't people at least acknowledge that they are, in fact, ending a life?

Now, take a deep breath and try again...without the thinly-veiled prejudices regarding Conservatives and Christians.

I'm not buying what you're trying to sell

There is no reason to limit abortions in any way without bringing God into it.

And you have a strange idea of libertarianism if you think it supports giving the power to decide who has a baby to the govt.

And abortions end pregnancies.

sangha assumed:

I'm not buying what you're trying to sell

There is no reason to limit abortions in any way without bringing God into it.

And you have a strange idea of libertarianism if you think it supports giving the power to decide who has a baby to the govt.

And abortions end pregnancies.

That's weird cuz I know some people who don't believe in God, but they are certainly against murder, and heck some of them DO consider abortion to be murder, even though God didn't tell them that.

Pronunciation: \&#712;ch&#299;(-&#601;)ld\
Inflected Form(s): plural chil·dren \&#712;chil-dr&#601;n, -d&#601;rn\
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English cild; akin to Gothic kilthei womb, and perhaps to Sanskrit jat&#803;hara belly
2 a : a young person especially between infancy and youth b : a childlike or childish person c : a person not yet of age
3usually childe \&#712;ch&#299;(-&#601;)ld\ archaic : a youth of noble birth
— child·less·ness noun

But keep spouting your erroneous one, it adds so much credibility to your opponents.

Rule of thumb for you in the future: If you have to lie to make your point, your point is probably wrong.

Not according to the law
law.com Law Dictionary

child
n. 1) a person's natural offspring. 2) a person 14 years and under. A "child" should be distinguished from a "minor" who is anyone under 18 in almost all states.

See also: minor

And we are talking about the law

And not according to the medical dictionary
Medical Dictionary Online

Child
A person 6 to 12 years of age. An individual 2 to 5 years old is CHILD, PRESCHOOL.

And we are talking about a medical issue

Again, I'll repeat that you dont know how to read a dictionary

Two brothers charged with molesting 10-year-old girl | ajc.com

A 10 year old was raped by two family members (incest) and impregnated, she got an abortion. Was she wrong? Should a ten year old have to carry a baby to term?

According to the Pro-Life fanatics this child should have carried the "baby" to term, she aborted the "baby" therefor she committed murder. I'm only repeating what the pro-life wack jobs believe. No pro-lifer can condone what this "10 year-old" woman did, she's a muderess plain and simple.

The above comments are of course made in jest however the crazies, people like the ConHog, believe it.

You have unusual views for a defrocked priest.

Pronunciation: \&#712;ch&#299;(-&#601;)ld\
Inflected Form(s): plural chil·dren \&#712;chil-dr&#601;n, -d&#601;rn\
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English cild; akin to Gothic kilthei womb, and perhaps to Sanskrit jat&#803;hara belly
3usually childe \&#712;ch&#299;(-&#601;)ld\ archaic : a youth of noble birth
— child·less·ness noun

Sangha is suddenly silent as to the definition of Fetus.

Thats right little boy, you have been schooled. Take your place in the corner, get your pacifier and try to educate yourself before speaking.

what are you babbling about? if we wanted a strict Constitutional view of it, then we need a SCTOUS ruling on when exactly is a fetus a human being and anything after that point is murder period.

This issue has been settled in Common Law; a person is someone who is born. That's why no one has ever been convicted of murder for killing a fetus.

We will NEVER get that because then we will be in a situation where some women aren't allowed to terminate babies produced by rape or incest, or when it is a danger to the mother. In the meantime women who simply use abortion as a just in case method of birth control take advantage of that fact.

And conjob continues with the delusion that some abortions are not birth control or that there is something wrong with birth control.

Forum List

Back