Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I am Pro-choice

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
Trying to find clarity. Recently I have been involved in talks with people who claim to be "Pro-Life" in the "Anti-Abortion issue". Yet these people supported the war in Iraq, or support the death penalty.

It seems to me that if you are "Pro-Life" you are against war of any kind for any reason, against the death penalty in any form or for any reason, against leathal self defense, and a vegetarian. Anything other than that you are "Anti-something" i.e. anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, or anti war.

To all the pro-lifers please get your lable right as you tend to confuse others by mislabling yourself as pro life when you are not pro life at all, but anti abortion.

This gets me to thinking, I wonder how many people are actually "Pro life" instead of Anti-abortion?

Trying to find clarity. Recently I have been involved in talks with people who claim to be "Pro-Life" in the "Anti-Abortion issue". Yet these people supported the war in Iraq, or support the death penalty.

It seems to me that if you are "Pro-Life" you are against war of any kind for any reason, against the death penalty in any form or for any reason, against leathal self defense, and a vegetarian. Anything other than that you are "Anti-something" i.e. anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, or anti war.

To all the pro-lifers please get your lable right as you tend to confuse others by mislabling yourself as pro life when you are not pro life at all, but anti abortion.

This gets me to thinking, I wonder how many people are actually "Pro life" instead of Anti-abortion?

Well, your conclusions on ware people stand on an issue are just that opinions, and we know what they say about those right ? And your conclusion only apply to you, as such YOUR labels mean nothing to anyone but you and no one will convince you otherwise.

I don't know anyone who is 'pro-abortion'. I'm not.

The question is whether you are for re-criminalizing abortion or not. I'm against re-criminalization because it will make women who are having abortions, legal or not, (and whether I agree or not) have unsafe procedures.

Well, your conclusions on ware people stand on an issue are just that opinions, and we know what they say about those right ? And your conclusion only apply to you, as such YOUR labels mean nothing to anyone but you and no one will convince you otherwise.

The point is this...If I tell you I drive a green ford but really I drive a blue Honda then I have mislead you into thinking something that isn't true. It is the same with Pro life, Pro life means one thing and Anti abortion means another. To say you are Pro life when you are not is misleading.

The point is this...If I tell you I drive a green ford but really I drive a blue Honda then I have mislead you into thinking something that isn't true. It is the same with Pro life, Pro life means one thing and Anti abortion means another. To say you are Pro life when you are not is misleading.

Some folks are pro-fetal life. After the baby is born to a poor, single mother, they vote to cut funding for food stamps, WIC, and medical care.

It's as if the life is only precious when it's in the womb.

The question is whether you are for re-criminalizing abortion or not. I'm against re-criminalization because it will make women who are having abortions, legal or not, (and whether I agree or not) have unsafe procedures.

This is not a Pro Life or Pro choice question. It isn't weather you are for or against criminalization. It is about labling yourself something you are not, such as "Pro-Life", when clearly you aren't because you support the recent wars. (not you personally)

What I was trying to see is if people are actually Pro-Life or anti-abortion because the two are totally different.

They aren't mutually exclusive.

Pro-life is just a phrase that defines the anti-abortion movement. It applies specifically to defense of the most helpless and vulnerable, i.e., infants.

Some folks are pro-fetal life. After the baby is born to a poor, single mother, they vote to cut funding for food stamps, WIC, and medical care.

you are absolutley right on that, I guess it doesn't take a villiage to raise a child.

This is not a Pro Life or Pro choice question. It isn't weather you are for or against criminalization. It is about labling yourself something you are not, such as "Pro-Life", when clearly you aren't because you support the recent wars. (not you personally)

What I was trying to see is if people are actually Pro-Life or anti-abortion because the two are totally different.

So you are trying, lamely, to set people up.

False premise. It fails because Pro-Life is essentially a brand name for a specific movement against the slaughter of babies. It doesn't imply anything except a desire to prevent the murder of babies.

It's not the same as pacifism, and any attempt to make it so is a faulty premise, dishonest, and not worth the time to debate.

OK. I see what you are trying to do. By your definition, I am pro-life, because I am against abortion and the death penalty, and a pacifist.

The 'pro-life' movement would consider me 'pro-choice' because I don't support the rec-criminalization of abortion.

Pro-life is just a phrase that defines the anti-abortion movement. It applies specifically to defense of the most helpless and vulnerable, i.e., infants.

We know it is just a phrase, but it is a very misleading phrase. Here it is you are debating with someone who claims to be Pro-life and after fifteen minutes you come to realize that the person in question isn't even pro-life. They are anti-abortion and you have been arguing apples and oranges for the last fifteen minutes.

you are absolutley right on that, I guess it doesn't take a villiage to raise a child.

Yes it does take a village, and the village in this case needs to step up and personally put some effort into the care of the people who need it.

BTW, another false premise: that abortion prevents poverty, neglect, or child abuse. There's absolutely no support for that lie, and in fact the incidence of child abuse/neglect have skyrocketed since the legalization of abortion.

We know it is just a phrase, but it is a very misleading phrase. Here it is you are debating with someone who claims to be Pro-life and after fifteen minutes you come to realize that the person in question isn't even pro-life. They are anti-abortion and you have been arguing apples and oranges for the last fifteen minutes.

Who is *we*?

And it's not misleading at all; it's been around forever. It's only misleading when yahoos attach on it and pretend it means something other than it does.

Though your confusion seems to stem from a lack of comprehension of the issue itself, as well as a limited grasp of the terminology.

Last edited:

False premise. It fails because Pro-Life is essentially a brand name for a specific movement against the slaughter of babies. It doesn't imply anything except a desire to prevent the murder of babies.

It's not the same as pacifism, and any attempt to make it so is a faulty premise, dishonest, and not worth the time to debate.

Set people up?....no. Get them to call themselves what they actually are....yes.

Why are you affraid to call yourself Anti-abortion when that is what you are? Not Pro-Life.

Pro-Life is not pacifism either, because you can have violence without death. Do you have a dictionary?

I'm Pro-Life. And Anti-Abortion.

But that's not what we're arguing. You're using a false premise, born out of your own ignorance, to establish a non-fact that you think is true. You have no interest in getting information, you have no interest in truth.

As such, you're a dishonest troll and you use faulty logic as well.

Look up the definition of Pro-Life before you make more of an ass of yourself:

ProLife.com
"Helping moms, saving babies, ending abortion."

That's odd, I don't see any claims about war or the death penalty there. It looks like the term "Pro-Life" means something specific. Not generic. Go figure.

Sort of like American Quarter Horses aren't really 1/4 horses. But wait, you say..they use the term "quarter" in their title! They obviously are misleading the world! They SHOULD NOT use such misleading word in their TITLE.

Let's see how wiki describes pro-life:

"Pro-life describes the moral, political and ethical opposition to elective abortion and support for its legal prohibition or restriction."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-life

So even wiki recognizes the very
Helping moms, saving babies, ending abortion! "

Last edited:

Set people up?....no. Get them to call themselves what they actually are....yes.

Why are you affraid to call yourself Anti-abortion when that is what you are? Not Pro-Life.

Pro-Life is not pacifism either, because you can have violence without death. Do you have a dictionary?

Understood.

Pro-life has a very specific meaning and you are being dishonest when you claim it doesn't:

"Pro-life describes the moral, political and ethical opposition to elective abortion and support for its legal prohibition or restriction."
Pro-life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Helping moms, saving babies, ending abortion."
ProLife.com

Your insistence that to be "Pro-life" one must be "anti-war" is dishonest and ignorant, since the term Pro-life applies specifically to the abortion issue and nothing else. Your false premise is no more intelligent or debatable than someone who claims the owners of Quarter Horses are disonest because their horses aren't really 1/4 horses. The term "Quarter Horse" means a specific breed of horse, and the term "Pro-life" means something very specific as well. And that specific meaning is anti-abortion. Not anti-war. Not anti-death penalty. Not anti-race-car-driving. It means anti-abortion.

Forum List

Back