Pro-Life Hypothetical

Petty_Peasant

Rookie
Jan 4, 2020
Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right board but it seemed close enough. I have a series of 6 questions today for those of you in the pro life movement. I have numbered them, so which ever question you have time to respond to or want to answer I appreciate.

To be clear, this thread is NOT about whether or not abortion should or shouldn’t be legal or whether or not it is right or wrong. I want this conversation to be beyond that. What I want to know what the pro-Life movements plan is for after they pass the motion to outlaw abortion.

In this hypothetical situation, you are elected president and the first thing you do is outlaw abortion. All abortion clinics are closed. You win! Now what?

1. The “abortion pill” is being sold illegally and trafficked. These pills cause women to essentially miscarry. There isn’t really an identifiable difference between a miscarriage and an abortion caused by these pills. How will you crack down on abortions being passed as miscarriages? Will you pass a law requiring investigation of each miscarriage? If not, how will you stop these?
  2. What will the penalty be for a woman who attempts her own abortion? The doctor who performs it/drug dealer who finds her the pill? The man who impregnated her?
  3. A crazy party college girl has unprotected sex and she gets pregnant. She is unaware of her condition and continues to party. She takes drugs and alcohol and is admitted to the hospital while intoxicated and suffering a miscarriage. Is she to be charged? If your answer is no because she is not aware, then what stops women from lying? If yes, does the penalty differ from the previous question?
  4. If you believe there should be an exception for rape; A 16 year old girl comes in 6 weeks pregnant. She claims she was raped but never reported the rape because she was afraid. Is she allowed to get an abortion? Why or why not? Is a police report required? A conviction? If a woman didn’t report her rape is she then forced to carry her rapists baby due to her own fear? If not how do you prevent her from lying?
  5. If you believe an exception should be made for the mothers life: Hypothetical aside, this is a true personal story from my life. My mother suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum. It’s basically morning sickness on steroids for the entire pregnancy. With my youngest sibling, my mom started the pregnancy at 130 pounds and ended at 93. She was hospitalized multiple times and also contracted a staph infection. As an adult, my mother informed me the doctor had told her she wasn’t sure my mom was going to make it. The doctor said if she got pregnant again, especially in her 30’s, she would almost certainly die. Both her and my little sister survived. But would you have considered my mother sick enough? If my mother had accidentally gotten pregnant again (she was sterilized after she gave birth), would that preliminary diagnosis be enough? Why or why not? What are the parameters for “danger to the mothers life”? Who gets to make the final say? Will there be an investigation to each abortion done for this reason?
  6. Final question, what are the laws going to be regarding the keeping, caring, and discarding of embryos in IVF centers?

Thank you sincerely for everyone who gives an answer. I am happy to have a place where I can bring these questions to people in an organized forum.

Thank you for your time and the opportunity to understand better.

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right board but it seemed close enough. I have a series of 6 questions today for those of you in the pro life movement. I have numbered them, so which ever question you have time to respond to or want to answer I appreciate.

To be clear, this thread is NOT about whether or not abortion should or shouldn’t be legal or whether or not it is right or wrong. I want this conversation to be beyond that. What I want to know what the pro-Life movements plan is for after they pass the motion to outlaw abortion.

In this hypothetical situation, you are elected president and the first thing you do is outlaw abortion. All abortion clinics are closed. You win! Now what?

1. The “abortion pill” is being sold illegally and trafficked. These pills cause women to essentially miscarry. There isn’t really an identifiable difference between a miscarriage and an abortion caused by these pills. How will you crack down on abortions being passed as miscarriages? Will you pass a law requiring investigation of each miscarriage? If not, how will you stop these?
  2. What will the penalty be for a woman who attempts her own abortion? The doctor who performs it/drug dealer who finds her the pill? The man who impregnated her?
  3. A crazy party college girl has unprotected sex and she gets pregnant. She is unaware of her condition and continues to party. She takes drugs and alcohol and is admitted to the hospital while intoxicated and suffering a miscarriage. Is she to be charged? If your answer is no because she is not aware, then what stops women from lying? If yes, does the penalty differ from the previous question?
  4. If you believe there should be an exception for rape; A 16 year old girl comes in 6 weeks pregnant. She claims she was raped but never reported the rape because she was afraid. Is she allowed to get an abortion? Why or why not? Is a police report required? A conviction? If a woman didn’t report her rape is she then forced to carry her rapists baby due to her own fear? If not how do you prevent her from lying?
  5. If you believe an exception should be made for the mothers life: Hypothetical aside, this is a true personal story from my life. My mother suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum. It’s basically morning sickness on steroids for the entire pregnancy. With my youngest sibling, my mom started the pregnancy at 130 pounds and ended at 93. She was hospitalized multiple times and also contracted a staph infection. As an adult, my mother informed me the doctor had told her she wasn’t sure my mom was going to make it. The doctor said if she got pregnant again, especially in her 30’s, she would almost certainly die. Both her and my little sister survived. But would you have considered my mother sick enough? If my mother had accidentally gotten pregnant again (she was sterilized after she gave birth), would that preliminary diagnosis be enough? Why or why not? What are the parameters for “danger to the mothers life”? Who gets to make the final say? Will there be an investigation to each abortion done for this reason?
  6. Final question, what are the laws going to be regarding the keeping, caring, and discarding of embryos in IVF centers?

Thank you sincerely for everyone who gives an answer. I am happy to have a place where I can bring these questions to people in an organized forum.

Ok, I give. . . .

You win!

All of those hard questions are terrific reasons for why we should all maintain the denial of the fact that an abortion kills a child and how it (an abortion) denies to them, the equal protections of our laws.

There!

That IS the answer you were really looking for.

Isn't it?

Last edited:

Ok, I give. . . .

You win!

All of those are terrific reasons for why we should all maintain the denial of the fact that an abortion kills a child and how it (an abortion) denies to them, the equal protections of our laws.

There!

That IS the answer you were looking for.

Isn't it?
Well, people like Petty Peasant will NEVER get it, unfortunately.

Ok, I give. . . .

You win!

All of those are terrific reasons for why we should all maintain the denial of the fact that an abortion kills a child and how it (an abortion) denies to them, the equal protections of our laws.

There!

That IS the answer you were looking for.

Isn't it?
Well, people like Petty Peasant will NEVER get it, unfortunately.

They work so hard at trying to complicate the most simple aspects (basic biology). . . . I have to believe that deep down inside? They actually do get it.

But "it" is so politically inconvenient for them, they go all in on denial.

I'm sorry to say that I don't think that you are going any sane and lucid answers from these people.

I'm sorry to say that I don't think that you are going any sane and lucid answers from these people.

As if she was GENUINELY looking for any.

How do you know she's not? Anti-choicers never answer any practical questions anyway. They stomp their feet, rant "I demand what I want and you better give it to me," call people names, and run for the door.

How do you know she's not? Anti-choicers never answer any practical questions anyway. They stomp their feet, rant "I demand what I want and you better give it to me," call people names, and run for the door.

I know she is not genuinely looking for the answers to those questions because she has made ZERO attempts at answering ANY of them, herself.

So, she is either trying (pathetically) to muddy the waters or she is dumber than a box of hammers.

Not likely to be both.

Last edited:

I'm not prolife but I want to make a clear distinction between populations. The upper class and rich women will be going to where it is legal and no one will know. Two, you can easily get aborticants at the border as it is.

The first mistake was personhood laws and criminal charges. That was the signal of which direction this would be going.

Where have we been? These are just a few:
In Wisconsin, a Rarity Of a Fetal-Harm Case
Purvi Patel - Wikipedia
Alabama v. Jones - Wikipedia
A Stillborn Child, A Charge of Murder and the Disputed Case Law on 'Fetal Harm' — ProPublica
The Criminalization of Bad Mothers
Mother who allegedly did drugs while pregnant charged with murder of newborn twins
Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

So, miscarriages and stillborns will be investigated. Murder/manslaughter charges and there is already a plethora of cases out there of babies that test positive for drugs and the mother being charged.

The rest of the questions I can't answer.

Last edited:
1. Pills that block conception would be legal. Pills that ended a human life wouldn’t be. Anyone breaking that law would subject to punishment. That’s really all that needs to be done.

2. Lots of questions there. To keep it simple, the answer is to punish the provider.

3. Stop being silly. No, regardless of her intent. Good luck trying to induce a miscarriage.

4. I don’t. We don’t punish the children for the bad acts of the father. That makes no sense.

5. always a tough choice. I would try to save the child.

6.Great question. I would keep them.

Education.

No government should ever advocate the taking of innocent lives. Every government should disapprove the taking of an innocent life. That is the nation's official stance. And it should be--that government protects all innocent life.

We can now face the realities of a woman seeking abortion. The government is on record of disapproving the practice. They will not pay for an abortion, and the cost of an abortion is paid, in full, by the mother, at the time of the abortion. To abort is her decision alone. Doctors will not be required to undertake the procedure--but nor will they be prosecuted for offering the service. They are compensated by the mother only, no government support for anything or any other service they may offer if they choose to also offer abortions.

A woman should not need to feel that a higher power (government) says it is okay to justify her own action. The government will not prosecute her or her doctor--but nor will it give her its stamp of approval. Quite the opposite. The government disapproves, but it will not prosecute.

I know she is not genuinely looking for the answers to those questions because she has made ZERO attempts at answering ANY of them, herself.

So, she is either trying (pathetically) to muddy the waters or she is dumber than a box of hammers.

Not likely to be both.

I don’t know the answers to them. That’s why I’ve asked. I really don’t get it and I was looking forward to coming back to something of note.
Clearly it was a silly idea.

1. Pills that block conception would be legal. Pills that ended a human life wouldn’t be. Anyone breaking that law would subject to punishment. That’s really all that needs to be done.

2. Lots of questions there. To keep it simple, the answer is to punish the provider.

3. Stop being silly. No, regardless of her intent. Good luck trying to induce a miscarriage.

4. I don’t. We don’t punish the children for the bad acts of the father. That makes no sense.

5. always a tough choice. I would try to save the child.

6.Great question. I would keep them.

Thank you for taking the time to actually answer the questions, I appreciate it.

Not likely to be both.

I don’t know the answers to them. That’s why I’ve asked. I really don’t get it and I was looking forward to coming back to something of note.
Clearly it was a silly idea.

Same gotcha questions I've received a dozen times before. If you were genuinely interested, you wouldn't create a sock account just the spam the same ol shit that has been hashed out before.

I digress.

Your questions were already adequately answered again by others.

Education.

No government should ever advocate the taking of innocent lives. Every government should disapprove the taking of an innocent life. That is the nation's official stance. And it should be--that government protects all innocent life.

We can now face the realities of a woman seeking abortion. The government is on record of disapproving the practice. They will not pay for an abortion, and the cost of an abortion is paid, in full, by the mother, at the time of the abortion. To abort is her decision alone. Doctors will not be required to undertake the procedure--but nor will they be prosecuted for offering the service. They are compensated by the mother only, no government support for anything or any other service they may offer if they choose to also offer abortions.

A woman should not need to feel that a higher power (government) says it is okay to justify her own action. The government will not prosecute her or her doctor--but nor will it give her its stamp of approval. Quite the opposite. The government disapproves, but it will not prosecute.

I note your fondness for Big Government. The "government" should not have an official opinion on this issue. The only appropriate role for "the government" is to remain neutral. This is not North Korea.

I note your fondness for Big Government
Don't be silly. Removing government from the equation is limiting government, not expanding it. Note that in my scenario government has no role, it makes no law to permit nor to enforce.

Forum List

Back