Pro-life and pro-death penalty

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by acludem, Feb 28, 2004.

1. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Can someone explain to me how someone like George W. Bush can claim to be "pro-life" and then support capital punishment? Is it really possible to be "pro-life" and support killing people? If you want to say you "anti-abortion" and "pro death penalty" that would seem less hypocritical. But I see these people with "I Vote Pro-Life" bumper stickers plastered all over their cars and then "Bush-Cheney" right next to it. As Governor, Bush allowed the executions of massive numbers of inmates. I wouldn't call that "pro-life". I'm counting on some of you to set me straight on this issue.

BTW, I'm not "pro-life", nor am I pro-capital punishment. I am, however, "anti-abortion" and "pro-choice". Figure that one out.

acludem

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,136
    Its not really a hard concept. You are for innocent children living, and murders dying. The real question is how can you be pro abortion and yet anti death penality.

3. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    :clap: :clap:

4. winston churchi

winston churchi Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    What has always baffled my mind is those individuals who are pro choice and animal rights activists.

I recall befriending someone quite a few years back who stood hard for both pro-choice and also fought to ensure no animal was killed for the use of clothing food or otherwise.

I asked her why she would find it 'ok' to accept an unborn child killed but it is not 'ok' to kill an animal for food?

Her first answer was an unborn child is not human. Her second answer was it is not my business.

I think that is controversy...if that is what you are looking for.

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Seems consistent to me.

Funny how liberals want "due process" for murderous animals, but for a tiny little baby, it's off with their head.

That's what I call sick.

6. winston churchi

winston churchi Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Logic is left behind. Where? I do not know.

7. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Again it is pretty simple acludem. Liberals seem to think all human life is equal, except for unborn babies of course. It's a simple question of value. The life of an unborn child is more valuable then that of a murderer. The murderer made a choice which not only makes he/she less valuable to society, but dangerous to it, therefore society is better off w/o it.

8. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5

agree ...:beer: :clap: :clap:

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,136
    This is a really good topic to bring up. Ive already stated how i see things. And the animal activist aspect deffinately is interesting. Or the environmentalist who think the life of a fish is more important than human life. There was a story about a few fire fighters that died trying to stop a forest fire because the groups told them they couldnt use local water supplies because of a rare fish living in the stream.

I think thats a major problem with society. We dont seem to value life as we should. We have a segment of our society which hates to see people sacrifice their lives for freedom and for other people, yet sacrificing lives for fish, and so women and men can be irresponsible about sex is alright. There is something wrong with this.

Any thoughts?

10. Cousin Vinnie

Cousin Vinnie Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Is the title of this thread supposed to be that hypocritical: Pro-Life (against killing) and Pro-death penalty (for killing)?