Pro-life and pro-death penalty

acludem

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2003
Missouri
Can someone explain to me how someone like George W. Bush can claim to be "pro-life" and then support capital punishment? Is it really possible to be "pro-life" and support killing people? If you want to say you "anti-abortion" and "pro death penalty" that would seem less hypocritical. But I see these people with "I Vote Pro-Life" bumper stickers plastered all over their cars and then "Bush-Cheney" right next to it. As Governor, Bush allowed the executions of massive numbers of inmates. I wouldn't call that "pro-life". I'm counting on some of you to set me straight on this issue.

BTW, I'm not "pro-life", nor am I pro-capital punishment. I am, however, "anti-abortion" and "pro-choice". Figure that one out.

acludem

Its not really a hard concept. You are for innocent children living, and murders dying. The real question is how can you be pro abortion and yet anti death penality.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Its not really a hard concept. You are for innocent children living, and murders dying. The real question is how can you be pro abortion and yet anti death penality.
:clap: :clap:

What has always baffled my mind is those individuals who are pro choice and animal rights activists.

I recall befriending someone quite a few years back who stood hard for both pro-choice and also fought to ensure no animal was killed for the use of clothing food or otherwise.

I asked her why she would find it 'ok' to accept an unborn child killed but it is not 'ok' to kill an animal for food?

Her first answer was an unborn child is not human. Her second answer was it is not my business.

I think that is controversy...if that is what you are looking for.

Seems consistent to me.

Funny how liberals want "due process" for murderous animals, but for a tiny little baby, it's off with their head.

That's what I call sick.

Again it is pretty simple acludem. Liberals seem to think all human life is equal, except for unborn babies of course. It's a simple question of value. The life of an unborn child is more valuable then that of a murderer. The murderer made a choice which not only makes he/she less valuable to society, but dangerous to it, therefore society is better off w/o it.

agree ...:beer: :clap: :clap:

This is a really good topic to bring up. Ive already stated how i see things. And the animal activist aspect deffinately is interesting. Or the environmentalist who think the life of a fish is more important than human life. There was a story about a few fire fighters that died trying to stop a forest fire because the groups told them they couldnt use local water supplies because of a rare fish living in the stream.

I think thats a major problem with society. We dont seem to value life as we should. We have a segment of our society which hates to see people sacrifice their lives for freedom and for other people, yet sacrificing lives for fish, and so women and men can be irresponsible about sex is alright. There is something wrong with this.

Any thoughts?

Is the title of this thread supposed to be that hypocritical: Pro-Life (against killing) and Pro-death penalty (for killing)?

This is a really good topic to bring up. Ive already stated how i see things. And the animal activist aspect deffinately is interesting. Or the environmentalist who think the life of a fish is more important than human life. There was a story about a few fire fighters that died trying to stop a forest fire because the groups told them they couldnt use local water supplies because of a rare fish living in the stream.

I think thats a major problem with society. We dont seem to value life as we should. We have a segment of our society which hates to see people sacrifice their lives for freedom and for other people, yet sacrificing lives for fish, and so women and men can be irresponsible about sex is alright. There is something wrong with this.

Any thoughts?
I never could understand how one could be pro abortion and anti death penalty. I don't understand peta proponents being pro abortion.

It makes no sense to me.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
well, i'm pro choice and pro death penalty. wonder how that classifies me? :dunno:

A mean, blood thristy man!!!

Just kidding, DK. :beer:

acludem, it's been said before, but I'm pro-life (or anti-abortion, one may say) because I value human life in its unborn state. I am pro-death penalty because I feel that the death penalty, if used fairly and executed quickly (no pun intended) is a deterent to crime, and that by committing first degree murder, one's own right to life is forfeitted (sp?).

Originally posted by gop_jeff
A mean, blood thristy man!!!

Just kidding, DK. :beer:

acludem, it's been said before, but I'm pro-life (or anti-abortion, one may say) because I value human life in its unborn state. I am pro-death penalty because I feel that the death penalty, if used fairly and executed quickly (no pun intended) is a deterent to crime, and that by committing first degree murder, one's own right to life is forfeitted (sp?).

well they don't call me Vlad the Impaler for nothing you know :banana:

Originally posted by acludem
BTW, I'm not "pro-life", nor am I pro-capital punishment. I am, however, "anti-abortion" and "pro-choice". Figure that one out.

acludem

Maybe you could set me straight on that one cause i can't figure it out. To me that's like saying, "I don't like abortion, but to each his own." If you don't like it take a stand man and stop practicing moral relativism.

Originally posted by Bern80
Maybe you could set me straight on that one cause i can't figure it out. To me that's like saying, "I don't like abortion, but to each his own." If you don't like it take a stand man and stop practicing moral relativism.

its called letting people be responsible for themselves. Not taking choices away from people, not trying to push morals and beliefs on other people like you're living in the Inquisition. it has absolutely nothing to with 'moral relativism'.

its called letting people be responsible for themselves.
And how is said individual taking responsibility for their actions if they get abortion?

Not taking choices away from people
By getting an abortion you are taking choice from someone

not trying to push morals and beliefs on other people like you're living in the Inquisition. it has absolutely nothing to with 'moral relativism'.

Again MORALITY IS NOT INTRINSIC, therefore it can't be "pushed" on anybody because it just is. It's a simple matter of those who choose to ignore it

And how is said individual taking responsibility for their actions if they get abortion?

because they ultimately have to deal with the karmic repercussions of their actions.

By getting an abortion you are taking choice from someone

who?

Again MORALITY IS NOT INTRINSIC, therefore it can't be "pushed" on anybody because it just is. It's a simple matter of those who choose to ignore it

Morals are a set of individual principals that one uses to live their life by. Its why we have good and bad people. Its also why we have different types of good and bad people. It is directly related to how they value some things over others.

because they ultimately have to deal with the karmic repercussions of their actions.

you believe in Karma? Could you maybe answer the question realistically? How is someone who gets an abortion taking responsibily for their actions?

I'm almost sickened that you have the balls to ask this. I thought it was possible, but really didn't expect you to.

BTW the answer would be THE BABY, it's okay I guess they're easy to forget

Morals are a set of individual principals that one uses to live their life by.
No they aren't.

Its why we have good and bad people. Its also why we have different types of good and bad people. It is directly related to how they value some things over others.

Again some choose to ignore them, some don't, but people don't just make them up on their own.

New Topics

Forum List

Back