Pro-Life Al-Qaeda

Will manifold's thread cause anyone to bomb a clinic?

I certainly hope not. :lol:

And I thank you for giving this question thoughtful consideration and look forward to your next poignant reply.

Like I said, there is no valid comparison in your OP.

I understood that the first time you said it and I still disagree. But if you can make a case for why it's not a valid comparison, I'd be happy to give your reasoning the consideration it deserves.

Treat them as any other domestic terrorism cell. Respect thier consitutional rights, but arrest, try, convict and then hang em.

Are domestic terrorists really worth greater deference than foreign terrorists?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm really not sure how I feel about that.

If they are american citizens they deserve the protection of the consitution like any other criminal.

If they are not american citizens, then drone bomb away.

the guarantees of rights in our constittion don't apply to citizens. they apply to "persons"...

I certainly hope not. :lol:

And I thank you for giving this question thoughtful consideration and look forward to your next poignant reply.

I understood that the first time you said it and I still disagree. But if you can make a case for why it's not a valid comparison, I'd be happy to give your reasoning the consideration it deserves.
I'd rather wait for you to convince me that a doctor providing medical care is equatable to someone producing a movie that attacks a religion.

And that some people might think it so doesn't make it so.

I'm having a hard time equating a doctor to someone that makes racist and/or anti-religious movies.

If what the movie says is true, can it still be racist/anti-religious? Wouldnt it just be a "fact" at that point?

Wouldn't suicide contradict a pro-lifer's fundamental value? Instead suppose pro life people protested and sometimes bombed and killed people at abortion clinics? No need, they have already. My reaction to both is the same, neither fit my worldview. I cannot get pregnant, am done with procreation, and have a naturalistic view of life and thus religion. How is it the people protesting outside family planning centers are ??? How is it the religious protesting in Egypt are ????

Are not pro-lifers, stupid movie makers, and religious people free to express themselves? The harder question is, is any speech OK? Is libelous nonsense OK? Is hate speech OK? if we assume they are all OK, then we have to live with the consequences. If the foundations of my being as a person include religion, is it OK for others to represent it as gross and stupid? If my family planning is done or not started, isn't it OK that I alone make the decision of creating a person? Who gave [???] the right to tell me what to do? These things represent the never ending loops in which we negotiate life.
_

Last edited:

I'd rather wait for you to convince me that a doctor providing medical care is equatable to someone producing a movie that attacks a religion.

And that some people might think it so doesn't make it so.

In the context of the hypothetical question posed in the OP, they're both being used as an excuse by extremists to commit murder.

I apologize for overestimating the obviousness here, but I hope that clears it up for you.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Do people have a right to express personal opinion? Even unpopular ones?
Do people have the right to make decisions about the care and maintainece of their own bodies?

Are domestic terrorists really worth greater deference than foreign terrorists?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm really not sure how I feel about that.

If they are american citizens they deserve the protection of the consitution like any other criminal.

If they are not american citizens, then drone bomb away.

the guarantees of rights in our constittion don't apply to citizens. they apply to "persons"...

They CAN apply to persons if we decide to grant them, they are inherent only for citizens. If it were foreign nationals who ended up bombing abortion clinics on our soil, it would technically be an act of war. Once that occurs we dont have to provide them due process as civilians, and depending on thier combatant status, we could, if they were undeclared, shoot them out of hand.

The OP will never get an honest answer to this question. People will claim they abhor it, while cheering it on when they don't think anyone is paying attention.

Hypothetically speaking, if extreme pro-life advocates were to adopt terrortist tactics like al-qaeda, and began suicide bombing abortion clinics across the nation, how would your reaction to that differ from your reaction to the recent murder of Americans in the Middle East?

Would still be deplorable and disgraceful. Just as these Embassy attacks are.

Would change my opinion not one bit.

The OP will never get an honest answer to this question. People will claim they abhor it, while cheering it on when they don't think anyone is paying attention.

I think some people who claim to abhor both are being honest when they say so. Others betray a different moral standard, as you can see here.

New Topics

Forum List

Back