Pro-Israel Jew in Congress Is Disloyal!

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
Soon-to-be GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor met on Wednesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- the same day when the actual U.S. Secretary of State met with Netanyahu -- and vowed that he and his GOP colleagues would protect and defend Israeli interests against his own Government. According to a statement proudly issued by Cantor's own office:

Regarding the midterms, Cantor may have given Netanyahu some reason to stand firm against the American administration.

Eric Cantor's Pledge of Allegiance - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

This sonofabitch deserves to be booted out of the Congress. The fact that we haven't heard a word about his declaration from the mainstream media is cause for concern. Just how powerful is AIPAC and just how much of this kind of brazen disloyalty are the American People expected to tolerate?

Soon-to-be GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor met on Wednesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- the same day when the actual U.S. Secretary of State met with Netanyahu -- and vowed that he and his GOP colleagues would protect and defend Israeli interests against his own Government. According to a statement proudly issued by Cantor's own office:

Regarding the midterms, Cantor may have given Netanyahu some reason to stand firm against the American administration.

This sonofabitch deserves to be booted out of the Congress. The fact that we haven't heard a word about his declaration from the mainstream media is cause for concern. Just how powerful is AIPAC and just how much of this kind of brazen disloyalty are the American People expected to tolerate?

It has always been our policy to protect Israel. Every administration until now has vowed to do so. Obama has Israel scared and defensive. I don't blame him for telling them that, he is not being disloyal doing so. He is simply sticking with what has been standard US policy for 60 years before Obama.

It has always been our policy to protect Israel. Every administration until now has vowed to do so. Obama has Israel scared and defensive. I don't blame him for telling them that, he is not being disloyal doing so. He is simply sticking with what has been standard US policy for 60 years before Obama.

So, what exactly has Obama done to Israel? There have been no policy changes regarding Israel under Obama.

If you really think the Obama administration isn't pro-israel, i've got some vacation property to sell you.

Just another outrage alert from among the usual suspects.

Ace of Spades HQ

A writer over at ThinkProgress, a liberal website that drives a lot of conversation for the lemmings on the Left, summarizes Eric Cantor's recent trip to Israel and meeting with PM Netanyahu:

Cantor’s office stated that the presumptive Majority Leader would fight the Obama administration on behalf of Israel.

In fact, the statement from Cantor's office says no such thing. Here's what it said:

Eric stressed that the new Republican majority will serve as a check on the Administration and what has been, up until this point, one party rule in Washington. He made clear that the Republican majority understands the special relationship between Israel and the United States, and that the security of each nation is reliant upon the other.

Nothing in there at all about advocating "on behalf of Israel." Nothing in there that you could even stretch to sound a teensy bit like Cantor said he'd advocate for Israel. ...Unless you're a liberal with paranoiac fantasies about "traitor Jews" and no, I'm sadly not kidding about that. Legal Insurrection has a round-up of so-called Lefty thinkers, who like ThinkProgress must be illiterate or liars, including our old pall "Rick Ellensburg" who say that Cantor is a felon or a traitor.

So, what exactly has Obama done to Israel? There have been no policy changes regarding Israel under Obama.

Nothing he has done, it is all in his attitude and they way he has treated Israeli officials when they visited.

you may not see it, but Israel feels there has been a definite shift in our policy toward them since Obama was elected. They believe they can not count on us at this time.

This is not what I think, this is what the Current Israeli Government believes.

If you really think the Obama administration isn't pro-israel, i've got some vacation property to sell you.

Yep that is why He made their Prime minister enter through the back entrance the last time he was at the WH. Because Obama is so pro Israel.

You guys can deny it all you want, but Israel has felt the cold shoulder from us since obama was Elected. Obama represents a clear and definite shift in our standing Policy toward Israel .

Nothing he has done, it is all in his attitude and they way he has treated Israeli officials when they visited.

you may not see it, but Israel feels there has been a definite shift in our policy toward them since Obama was elected. They believe they can not count on us at this time.

Are you a member of the Israeli government?

If not, how do you know what they "believe"?

Gee, last time I checked they called them Interviews. lol.

I watched Benjerman Be interviewed and he articulated exactly what I just said. They feel for the first time in 60 Years that they may not be able to count on us if they needed us.

Straight from their Prime Ministers mouth.

Feel free to ignore it though and assume I do not know what I am talking about.

Regarding the midterms, Cantor may have given Netanyahu some reason to

For Cantor:clap2::clap2:

Yep that is why He made their Prime minister enter through the back entrance the last time he was at the WH. Because Obama is so pro Israel.

You guys can deny it all you want, but Israel has felt the cold shoulder from us since obama was Elected. Obama represents a clear and definite shift in our standing Policy toward Israel .

That never happened.

In defense of what the OP thinks happened (or would like you to believe happened) there is such a thing as the Logan Act that is supposed to prevent crap like what is alleged in the OP. Read some stuff on it from Laura Curtis at HA the other day and I have to say, I agree with the conclusion: "Either enforce the law or repeal it".

Enforce the Logan Act or Repeal It Hot Air

Liberals have whined for years about the “Israel exception” where Republicans are accused of violating the Logan Act with regard to Israel. But if Democrats don’t violate the Logan Act in Israel, they certainly feel empowered to do so in the rest of the world.

1970: John Kerry, as an inactive Navy reserve officer, met during wartime with enemy officials while his government was trying to conduct negotiations with them.

1983: Ted Kennedy secretly offered to help the Russians “counter the militaristic politics of Reagan” during the Cold War.

1984: Top Congressional Democrats including Jim Wright, Edward Boland, Lee Hamilton, and Stephen Solarz wrote the “Dear Commandante” letter to Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega, which stated, “As members of the U.S. House of Representatives… We have been, and remain, opposed to U.S. support for military action directed against the people or government of Nicaraugua.”¹

1987: House Speaker Jim Wright (D-TX) took it upon himself to conduct negotiations with Ortega. Nor was he the only Democrat involved – several were caught during CIA surveillance of the Sandinistas.

1992: Judiciary Committee Republicans sought a special prosecutor to investigate recent newspaper reports that a consultant who may have said he had links to the Clinton campaign sought to stall a final accord on reduced trade barriers after six years of negotiations among 108 nations under the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade. (They were denied, reducing the story to he said, she said.)

2002: Democrats David Bonior, Jim McDermott, and Mike Thompson took what turned out to be a junket sponsored by Saddam Hussein to Baghdad to oppose the embargo and the upcoming war in Iraq.

2006: Senator Ben Nelson met with Syrian President Bashar Assad, “without the authority and contrary to the wishes of the Bush administration, including the State Department.”

2007: Howard Dean admitted, “I am trying to build relationships with other governments in preparation for a Democratic takeover. I want to make clear that there is an opposition in America and that we are ready to take power and that when we do, we are going to have much better relationships with them.”

Nancy Pelosi also met with Syrian President Bashar Assad in 2007, along with Congressmen Keith Ellison (D-MN), Nick Rahall (D-WV), Tom Lantos (D-CA), Henry Waxman (D-CA), and David Hobson (R-OH).

2008: Then-Senator Obama tried to talk the Iraqi government into delaying the draw-down agreement in 2008.

Are all these examples actual violations of the Logan Act? That’s for a court to decide, but the problem is that one never will. Government officials, especially Democrats, violate it with impunity because they’re confident they’ll never be prosecuted. It’s rare they even get bad press for doing so. If these were social visits, perhaps Democrats should reconsider who they’re hanging out with.

I watched Benjerman Be interviewed and he articulated exactly what I just said. They feel for the first time in 60 Years that they may not be able to count on us if they needed us.

Well, you said that "Obama made the Israeli Prime Minister enter the White House through the back door", which is completely untrue. So that calls your comments into question.

That never happened.

So you are calling Their Prime Minister a liar then? Because he claims it did indeed happen. He says not only did he have to enter all secretly but Obama made him wait while he finished Dinner and treated him poorly.

Again this is not what I think, this is what the PM of Israel has said in 2 separate interviews now. 1 on Fox and the other on BBC

That never happened.

So you are calling Their Prime Minister a liar then? Because he claims it did indeed happen. He says not only did he have to enter all secretly but Obama made him wait while he finished Dinner and treated him poorly.

Again this is not what I think, this is what the PM of Israel has said in 2 separate interviews now. 1 on Fox and the other on BBC

Link? Cause all the links I've found say he denied it....

Tell me something..

What does Israel "need" from us?

They've got enough firepower to make the entire middle east a barren wasteland.

We gave them everything they would need to defend themselves. At some point, they need to remove mouth from tit and fucking take care of themselves.

That never happened.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR9ijkhmH5o[/ame]

If you read the text as actually written, as opposed to the fantasy, it is clear Cantor is just following US policy and Republican orthodoxy on this.

this is something even notorious anti semites agree on when it comes to national security. Israel is a democratic state and a reliable ally. It is in out best interest to support democratic states, to stand up for our allies, and be consistant with our own values.

A free and democratic Israel is in our best interests no matter which US party is in power. Cantor just reiterated that while the Republicans will do their level best to keep 0bama in line, they also understand the reality on the ground and will be consistant with our values and goals and support out best friend in the region.

Even though the Israelis go to the wrong church on weekends, when it comes to the matters of freedom and democracy, we are singing from the same hymnal.

Well, you said that "Obama made the Israeli Prime Minister enter the White House through the back door", which is completely untrue. So that calls your comments into question.

Do you have some proof it is "completely untrue?" Or are we to take you at your word that the PM of Israel and I are lying.

Israel Matzav: Netanyahu to be let in through the front door of the White House

With 'moderate' 'Palestinian' President Mahmoud Abbas Abu Mazen and Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri getting full-blown state visits to the White House this month, President Obama could probably kiss the midterm elections goodbye had he not done this. Obama has invited Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to the White House. The invitation was conveyed by Rahm Emanuel (is that why Israel picked up his tab?) This time, Netanyahu won't have to go in the back door and will at least get a photo opportunity (Hat Tip: Memeorandum).

Obama Refuses to Dine With Jewish Leader | The Gateway Pundit

Benjamin Netanyahu was left to stew in a White House meeting room for over an hour after President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of tense talks to have supper with his family, it emerged on Thursday. The snub marked a fresh low in US-Israeli relations and appeared designed to show Mr Netanyahu how low his stock had fallen in Washington after he refused to back down in a row over Jewish construction in east Jerusalem.

… (Mr. Obama) immediately presented Mr Netanyahu with a list of 13 demands designed both to the end the feud with his administration and to build Palestinian confidence ahead of the resumption of peace talks. Key among those demands was a previously-made call to halt all new settlement construction in east Jerusalem.

When the Israeli prime minister stalled, Mr Obama rose from his seat declaring: “I’m going to the residential wing to have dinner with Michelle and the girls.” As he left, Mr Netanyahu was told to consider the error of his ways. “I’m still around,” Mr Obama is quoted by Israel’s Yediot Ahronot newspaper as having said. “Let me know if there is anything new.”
and finally

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR9ijkhmH5o&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR9ijkhmH5o&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Care to call me a liar and tell me how "it never happened" again?

Last edited:

That never happened.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR9ijkhmH5o[/ame]

I'm at work, Youtube is blocked. Can't watch the video.

Got a website?

Forum List

Back