Pro-Homosexual Booklet to Be Distributed to All 16,000 US School Districts

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Bass v 2.0, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    Pro-Homosexual Booklet to Be Distributed to All 16,000 US School Districts

By Hillary White

US, February 21, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - At the same time that news has come out that the Toronto Catholic School board has refused to participate in pro-homosexual activities, homosexual activists are making significant inroads in US schools, as a booklet titled, "Just the Facts about Sexual Orientation and Youth," is set to be distributed to all 16,000 school districts in the country.

The 24-page booklet by the National Education Association and American Psychological Association, tells students that homosexuality is a "normal expression of human sexuality".

"What's so scary and dogmatic about this report is that it communicates that religious-based viewpoints are harmful, and even dangerous," said Candi Cushman, education analyst for Focus on the Family Action.

The booklet particularly targets the idea that homosexuality is a condition that can be changed. It instructs educators, "Schools should be careful to avoid discussions of transformational ministry in their curriculum."

Brian Raum, senior legal counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund, said that the talk of "inclusivity" in schools by homosexual groups is a veiled threat.

"What they're trying to do is create a fear factor here," he said. "There's nothing in the Constitution that would prohibit a teacher from presenting to a student all of the programs that are available, without endorsing or promoting any particular one."

The National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality, (NARTH) says that although "the aim of gay-affirmative counselling programs is humanitarian", the problem is that they do "much more" than discouraging scapegoating.

"In reality, they promote a particular worldview," present students with a set of "truth-claims that students are expected to adopt," and insist on conformity to these.

"These programs promote the value systems of a particular social group and denigrate the views of another, while at the same time, distorting science."

2. Rachael

Rachael Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I dont think this should be allowed.
    Im not against gays/lesbians...but if they want rights...they need to be treated just like other people...Theres no reason for them to write a book on this. its stupid and it will just bring a negative outlook on the gay community from parents that dont want there children reading this.

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    This might just be an urban legend, but I've heard that gay men like to shove their 'homosexual agenda' down each other's throats.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Rachael

Rachael Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    HAHAHAHA! Okay...that was funny.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    why would there be anything wrong with telling kids that homosexuality isn't an aberration?

unless of course you want to tell your kids it is....

in which case, no one really has to be tolerant of your hatred.

BTW, word to the wise... charlie bass is a raging homophobe who is obsessed with gay sexuality. A closet case if I've ever seen one. He looks for rabid right trash so he can pretend he has a choice about his sexuality.

BTW, since you think gays and lesbians should be treated just like other people, can I assume you're not opposed to gay marriage?

6. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    i can't wait for the change in sex ed classes......the penis goes in the vagina unless you are gay or lesbian in which case you stick it in their ass or use a strap on.....which of course you can also do if you are straight......

being a teacher is going to be fun.....

7. Rachael

Rachael Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You can assume that...
    But what im saying is that the gay community wants to be treated like everyone else...by creating a book about them...is going to cause a HUGE stir (espically in SCHOOLS) (if this is real, as well)
    And its going to cause even more anger towards them than there already is. (By the people that dont support gays) I just think that if someone wants to blend...than they need to blend...not go out and make a book about themselves.

8. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    Blending shouldn't mean that they have to hide. Though I'm glad I can assume you're pro gay marriage. I simply don't think there's anything wrong with teaching tolerance in the face of kids being taught hatred and prejudice.

That's how the world becomes better, IMO.

9. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    I suspect that isn't going to be part of the curriculum.

.... unless, of course, you attend school in an "art house" in the West Village.

10. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    So how does two faggots packing each other's fudge make the world a better place??? :confused: